Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunitySupport
03.05.2012 , 08:56 AM | #1
This thread is for discussion of the Economy and Crew Skills panel, which begins at 4:15PM CST (10:15PM GMT). To view the panel, check out our Guild Summit Livestream!

This thread will open when the panel begins!

Sireene
03.05.2012 , 04:07 PM | #2
Hey everybody!

We just wanted to let you all know that this thread is now open for discussion!

Thanks!

Darthmullet
03.05.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3
Are there any plans to add a method for crafters to learn schematics from reverse engineering items that were not crafted? Specifically low level quest reward / loot items. There seem to be many great item skins being wasted on level 12 greens, it would be awesome if we could craft orange versions of those to create a truly unique appearance, rather than the dozen or so crafted pieces that we will have to choose from in 1.2 if we want
the crit crafted augment slot.

Thaed
03.05.2012 , 04:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthmullet View Post
Are there any plans to add a method for crafters to learn schematics from reverse engineering items that were not crafted? Specifically low level quest reward / loot items. There seem to be many great item skins being wasted on level 12 greens, it would be awesome if we could craft orange versions of those to create a truly unique appearance, rather than the dozen or so crafted pieces that we will have to choose from in 1.2 if we want
I'll echo this question, specifically in regards to the Agent's Jacket you recieve on Hutta. An orange item named 'Agent's Jacket' exists for Armourmechs, but it completely different to the quest reward of the same name.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

Tawnos
03.05.2012 , 04:34 PM | #5
Question:

We've already heard that with the upcoming ability to extract base mods from artifact gear and the ability to crit craft moddable gear with augment slots, it seems likely that crit crafted moddable gear is going to quickly become Best In Slot. But there are so many cool-looking moddable item sets out in the world that I'd like to have the option of wearing without losing the ability to have that augment slot. Is there going to be any way through crafting to add a augment slot to an existing moddable item?

HtNummNutz
03.05.2012 , 04:34 PM | #6
Is there an intent on taking money out of the economy? I mean, the removing of speeders and crystals people will want to buy, things like that? <3 you.

Disclosurepp
03.05.2012 , 04:34 PM | #7
I know they are about to discuss the topic, but I'm just wondering if they will buff Armstech to not be the most useless crew skill ever, thanks!

Mysquine
03.05.2012 , 04:35 PM | #8
From first hand experience servers that are suffering from low population tend to have a very inactive economy and GTN leading to a lack of auctions and items you need. How do you plan to address these issues, and has there been any discussion into having a cross-server GTN?

havok_bloodcraft
03.05.2012 , 04:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthmullet View Post
Good question.

Evinzer
03.05.2012 , 04:36 PM | #10
Will endgame bosses drop more credit? A wipe costs me 10k, and a boss kill awards me with 150 credits (on Nightmare) in this pace I can never get anything off the auction house