Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Summit General Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Summit General Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spinley
03.07.2012 , 02:16 PM | #631
"If you’re unable to watch these livestreams on the day, we’ll be providing recorded versions of each presentation and discussion after the event"

you guys ever going to post this?

still waiting to watch the summit.......

Kissakias
03.07.2012 , 02:19 PM | #632
give me a reason why you will remove the speeders in 1.2?

give me a reason why the baron and commander became for everyone while the sovereign still remains for pvpers?
Please give me a chance to get the Kurtob Speeder http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd

JackTheBlade
03.07.2012 , 04:58 PM | #633
As a participant in the Guild Summit, I really wanted to express my thanks to everyone who worked so hard at BioWare Austin to make this possible. I really enjoyed the event and the chance to interact with fellow guild leaders, devs and the community developers as well as the other folks at the fan sites.

Despite the forums, this was a hugely impressive event. I would like to extend my personal thanks to Gabe (for taking the time after that flight to drink with us and hash out PvP), Georg for answering as many people's questions as possible during the breaks (which everyone did), Stephen for tirelessly MCing the event and moderating. I would thank David, but he was bitter about losing trivia so I'll just say that he did a great job.

Thank you of course goes out to all their teams but I know I appriciated the opportunity to provide feedback and work with the team. I feel encouraged that even though I have some concerns, especially around permanent server balance and cross faction attrition, these are concerns that will be listened to. I will say that the answers and questions between the sessions were as informative and enlightening as much of the info during the scheduled sessions.

I would love to see the next time that something like this happens, a bit more of a break out with smaller groups (10-20) with a team member from some of the different groups. Some of the larger sessions are just a bit to handle.

Finally of course I really wanted to say thank you one more time. I travelled on my own dime to this event. It was worth it to me to be able to see what you guys were looking to do and how much you valued our input on SWTOR.

Thanks!

JackTheBlade
03.07.2012 , 05:03 PM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinley View Post
"If you’re unable to watch these livestreams on the day, we’ll be providing recorded versions of each presentation and discussion after the event"

you guys ever going to post this?

still waiting to watch the summit.......
Also saw some questions as to why only the one day was streamed.

They answered this on day 3: they only had the live stream folks available for the one day.

Day one was only the viewing of Episode I at the Alamo Draft House. And the bar session afterwards at the hotel.

Day 3 we worked with the marketing folks. Had a session doing "quality of life" improvements (Let me keybind target markers!). Just small improvements.

And a play session working on 1.2 with the flashpoint and the UI customization. It was cool!

Talizzar
03.07.2012 , 06:12 PM | #635
With the rampant lag switching and speed and other hacks that you BW has already admitted that is in the game, I would ask that any guild that has a member that has been found hacking, exploiting or doing other along those lines be immediately removed from the summit and I would also hope they would never be allowed on the test server.

Some pretty well known Imp guilds on Port Nowhere are well know hacks. Why they have not been removed from the game but I would hope these hacks would have no influence on the direction of the game.

edgabrc
03.07.2012 , 07:49 PM | #636
nice"

Praelium
03.08.2012 , 01:21 AM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by BrunoLogan View Post
The summit was supposed to take 3 days. We only saw one! What happened on the other 2 days?
The day that was streamed was the important day. Don't worry.

The first night, everyone met up and greeted each other, then we were taken to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Episode I in 3D and then we went back to our hotels. I believe it would have been illegal to stream that. :P

Day 2 is what was on the livestream, and don't worry, no "secrets" were told.

Day 3 was a couple of panels that were about marketing the game and spitballing on how we as players (and guild leaders) can try to get people into the game and into our community. Then we talked a bit about some things that we would "like" to see put in the game but aren't really that important, like say Day/Night or something. Then there was a very brief playtest of the new flashpoint that I sat out of because I am a PvPer and don't really care about flashpoints.

After the playtest, Bioware asked people what they liked or didn't like about it (from what I saw, it looked fantastic) and then there was a closing ceremony.

See? You didn't miss much! Don't worry.

Although, it was awesome to see other faces of the members of the community. A lot of great people play this game. It was great to meet you all.

BrunoLogan
03.08.2012 , 03:57 AM | #638
Quote: Originally Posted by Praelium View Post
The day that was streamed was the important day. Don't worry.

The first night, everyone met up and greeted each other, then we were taken to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Episode I in 3D and then we went back to our hotels. I believe it would have been illegal to stream that. :P

Day 2 is what was on the livestream, and don't worry, no "secrets" were told.

Day 3 was a couple of panels that were about marketing the game and spitballing on how we as players (and guild leaders) can try to get people into the game and into our community. Then we talked a bit about some things that we would "like" to see put in the game but aren't really that important, like say Day/Night or something. Then there was a very brief playtest of the new flashpoint that I sat out of because I am a PvPer and don't really care about flashpoints.

After the playtest, Bioware asked people what they liked or didn't like about it (from what I saw, it looked fantastic) and then there was a closing ceremony.

See? You didn't miss much! Don't worry.

Although, it was awesome to see other faces of the members of the community. A lot of great people play this game. It was great to meet you all.
Thanks for your answer

Nyhm
03.08.2012 , 05:39 PM | #639
Any discussion around expanding the amount of players on a team.

A small group of friends and I came from another game, but we cant all team together. Any talk of increasing team sizes from 4 to 6? 8? etc..

Lord_Kismet
03.08.2012 , 06:01 PM | #640
Hi everyone & Bioware,

I'd like to say thanks for inviting me to the event, I had a blast!

Really enjoyed talking with you all & to other guild leaders. I made a video wrap up of the event which i've linked below.

Guild Summit 2012

Also here is my members "Big List" of changes we would like to see. Note some may already be in the works/coming out since this list was made, plus a few new ones I thought of while at the summit.

Again thanks so much to Bioware for taking the time to listen and let us be a part of the event! Fantastic job!

- Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

--------------- New Ideas ----------

1) Guild Central Control: Organize and manage both Republic and Empire guilds from one place. Will reduce guild splintering. Cross Guild Communication or at least see both guild lists to see who's on.

2) Email Invite to SWTOR Guild Website for joining. Removes the need to find a person online to join you. Person applies on site & once joined on the Guild website, they are added in game. When they log in they show up on the right server & are already in the guild.

----------------- Top 10's ---------

Top 10 Guild Features:
1) Game to web: Members List, Calendar, Forums & News
2) Right Click to invite, in guild window!
3) Shared Storage between char - No need to mail items
4) Guild Auction: with no fees between guild members
5) Member/group Summon: for Guild Leader/Officers to organize raids & groups.
6) Guild Capital ships or Stations (movable to planets and give people a reason to go there!)
7) Guild Legacy System: Longevity & Achievements of guilds earn rewards, bonuses
8) Return to Guild or Personal ship
9) Place ALL of our characters into one guild
10) PvP Ships, Include Upgradeable Capital ship with Mods

Top 10 Party/Raid Features:
1) Remove Load outs & Load ins! Create "Waiting Room" if you must.
2) Ready check!
3) Organizing Ops Groups/ Ops group window!
4) Companions Health bar
5) Universal LFG channel that can be seen on all the worlds. (Custom Chat Channels)
6) Combat log (personal)
7) Counselor Sage Heal looks like your on fire, change the color maybe to a light blue or green!
8) Pass/Accept Item that is Auto-Chosen for you. Then it Need/Greeds.
9) OPS NPCS should be right by instance!
10) Add Big Battles with Troops backing you up, EPIC Battle!

Top 10 General Features to add/update:
1) Quest log Bigger! 50/50
2) Nodes: "get rid of those damn useless nodes!" Increase ore nodes in scarce areas.
3) Jump off speeder early
4) Schematics are lev 1, hard to sort, sort them by Schematic level, NOT item level.
5) Auction House Search!(drag item in search)
6) Already know that recipe!
7) Auto Pending Companion Results, so they don't pop up during battle!
8) Void Star Interface covers right bar!!!
9) DONT Gate crafting Drops in Raids!
10) Allow us to ride speeders in all of the space ports.

----------- The Big List ------------------------

Guild Ideas:
- Game to web: Members List, Calendar, Forums & News (can see & share more guild information from website to in-game!)
- Member Summon: for Guild Leader/Officers to organize raids & groups. Takes a long time to organize/assemble large groups!
- Guild benefits: Based on time in game & size considerations, Guild Legacy System.
- Guild Auction: with no fees between guild members
- Guild Huttball: Leader can put up prizes for the winners!
- Guild Space Missions
- Return to Guild or Personal ship
- Guild banks with ranks & access Levels
- In guild window, display who's in a party
- In guild window, display when they last logged in.
- Guild Mount! Multi-person!
- Shared Storage between char
- Place ALL of our characters into one guild
- when someone in the guild gains a level,or unlocks an achievement,major stuff like that(not little things like every time you gain normal exp hehe),from anywhere,there is a message in the Guild chat only for all members of the guild to see
- Online game Journal, keep track of your journey for achievements, challenges/failures.
- PvP Ships, Include Upgradeable Capital ship with Mods

Guild Window:
- Right Click to invite in guild window!
- Date Joined
- Last time was on
- In Party?
- Summon members via Guild Window to Raid/Ops leader (earned through Guild Legacy?)

Guild/Party/LFG Chat:
- Better chat functionality. Right now its hard to right click invite, or even reply to people. Chat functionality needs improvements.
- Universal LFG channel that can be seen on all the worlds. (Custom Chat Channels)

Party/Raid Grouping
- Ready check!
- Better explanation of how are people moved around in Ops group?
- Member Companions Health bar in raid/party window. Easier for healer to heal.
- Missing chat while in space game! Can not scroll back in conversation! (might of missed issue or problem in guild chat)
- Combat log
- Pass/Accept Item that is Auto-Chosen for you. Then it Need/Greeds.
- OPS NPCS should be right by instance!

Guild Hall Ideas:
- Members have a benefit / reason to go there to create more social interaction.
- Capitol Ships - members can dock and whole ship can travel everyone somewhere (grouped or not)
- Guild Planets
- Guild Capital ships or Stations(movable to planets)
- Player housing or ships with increase storage, able to place objects etc.

Crafting:
- DONT Gate crafting Drops in Raids!
- The is a HUGE disparity of raw resource availability for archeology
- When learning Schematics or looking at Schematics it should say "Already learned" so you don't waste them by learning them again!
- Let Cybertech's sell mounts!
- Reverse Engineering (RE) - change the RE success rate to somehow track how many times you've tried to do it on a particular item and/or tweak the RE success rates in general and/or return a higher percentage of mats so the loss of materials isn't nearly as nasty as it is at present.
- Synthweaving/Armormech mats usage disparity
- Show Crafting Crit Chance
- Nodes: "get rid of those damn useless nodes!"

Gear:
- Item sets, including better looking gear..and options to customize your look.

Mounts:
- Mountable beasts (dewbacks, tauntauns etc.)
- Jump off speeder early
- Price reduction on 2nd, 3rd.. etc. Speeder i.e. from 40k down to 10k.
- Light armor has matching sets, but not Med & hvy.
- Not enough crafting nodes! For example Archeology on Tatooine.
- All Quests that drop items/pickups should drop for everyone. Each person in group should not have to pick up the same thing over & over. It annoys them!
- Counselor Sage Heal looks like your on fire, change the color maybe to a light blue!
- Ships: Buy different outside appearance for your ships.
- Allow us to ride speeders in all of the space ports.
- Mailbox on ship.
- Gifting companions while aboard the ship
- sell grey items while aboard the ship

Space Combat:
- Free roaming space, including customizable ships.
- Space combat with objectives (captures points etc.), SOLO or GROUP
- Open up space combat so that while a set scenario, let it be free flight. Much like the old Tie Fighter and X-Wing series

Legacy / Cosmetic Additions:
- Cosmetic appearance slot function/appearance. Make part of legacy, opens up slots (buy more?)
- Mod-able lev 50 gear. Can mod the appearance. (Lev 50 smuggler gear is repulsive and consular looks ugly)
- Barbershop: Change hair / look later in game. Charging for it is ok and if it gets more expensive thats ok. Maybe part of legacy?
- As part of the legacy system the ability to craft cross faction for your alts. for instance.

Flashpoints/Raids/Quest Log
- Quest log Bigger! 50/50
- Need/Green for Raids
- Don't make people load out of Flash points, then have to load back in! They should restart at the beginning of the flashpoint instance.
- Higher level flash points such as Directive 7 should be given by the quest area as well as other points. Should be by instance.
- When quest log is full it says "Ineligible" when sharing quest, it should say "Quest log full".
- In Quest window, when you roll over the purple icons for players it should say their name so you can see who has the same quest.
- See ALL quest givers on the big map.
- Fighting directly out of a cut scene causes groups to wipe!
- Have to reset flash points a ton when swapping between instances.

Auction:
- Search! Search! Search! (drag item in search)
- Schematics are lev 1, hard to sort, sort them by Schematic level, NOT item level.
- "True" auction, should have min & buyout price.
- More Auction houses/locations
- filter items by primary stat!
- already know that recipe!
- Player vendors of some sort, or a way for other players to reach a private section of your storage box for "items for sale".

PVP Additions/Changes:
- Cross server pvp & raids
- Allow RvR for planets. Allows Race specific buffs for controlling faction.
- Allow ops to enter for teams of 8
- PVP Pacing and Cool down timers are too dark. Hard to see next skill. More RPG Pace then MMO Pace. Harder on Melees who have to chain attacks/build rage.
- GM interaction in game, such as World Events. More Open PvP areas, with objectives & capture points such as controlled areas.
- Allow challenges Guild vs Guild and keep track of data
- Armor and Stats rule all. No accounting for skill of player.
- Auto Pending Companion Results, so they don't pop up during battle!
- Remove Green Beam from Trooper heal, hard to even see the Sith Heal!
- Void Star Interface covers right bar!!!

General:
- show or hide my own head slot for my companion
- Bounty Hunting terminals!!!!!!!!! Most fun ever, bring back the uniqueness of SWG
- "sell all trash items" button to all vendors to allow you to rapidly purge all those grey items from your inventory
- Get quick bars off sides and let us stack from 1-4 quick slot bars in center area.
- Buffs stay on Companions & when doing the Black Talon flashpoint it's necessary to re-summon your companion every single time you use an elevator
- customization of the UI. People will help make the game better by adding UI
- Better world pvp. EPIC Battles!
- Mark maps with a pointer and an associated note. Good for (re-)finding datacrons, etc.
- Show Money In crew Management Window
- Sitting position is inappropriate and odd!
- Add Big Battles with Troops backing you up, EPIC Battle!