Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Summit General Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Summit General Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gesikafree
03.05.2012 , 05:48 PM | #551
I really liked when Blizzard implemented the Battlenet communication. Are you guys going to do something like that so folks on our friends list will allow you to keep in touch no matter what character they're on?
Well Behaved Women Never Make History

beautyboy
03.05.2012 , 05:50 PM | #552
Have they set an official release date yet for 1.2 because I haven't been able to watch/follow everything?

Randomness
03.05.2012 , 05:51 PM | #553
Quote: Originally Posted by Divona View Post
This.

Im so glad they didnt follow most other mmo's by doing same. I know from my own long mmo experience that eventually people start looking someone to point fingers. Personal combat log, excellent idea.
Yep. People can use the data to improve their output if they want, and it provides min/maxers the records to argue about "ideal" builds, but it doesn't show other people's actions, which will hopefully minimize finger pointing (since if you're watching someone closely enough to figure out their rotation, you're probably not paying enough attention to the fight...)

Kubernetic
03.05.2012 , 05:59 PM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by LOWTHOR View Post
Seriously?!? You invited someone to the Guild Summit who doesn't even have a level 50 character?

Way to go Bioware. Good to see you wasting my money.

I expect to be invited to the next summit.
Guild Summit, not Guild Level 50 Summit...
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Kubernetic
03.05.2012 , 06:01 PM | #555
Quote: Originally Posted by LOWTHOR View Post
Last I checked, I pay their bills.
I've paid just as much of their bills as you have, and I don't have any level 50s.

Welcome to MMOs. Check up on that "MM" part. Nice to meet you.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

RDCarlson
03.05.2012 , 06:05 PM | #556
Quote: Originally Posted by beautyboy View Post
Have they set an official release date yet for 1.2 because I haven't been able to watch/follow everything?
Yes, they said tentatively early April.

LOWTHOR
03.05.2012 , 06:07 PM | #557
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
I've paid just as much of their bills as you have, and I don't have any level 50s.

Welcome to MMOs. Check up on that "MM" part. Nice to meet you.
My point, which you do not agree with.

If you are going to invite .03% of your player base to a one day discussion which is unlikely to be repeated any time soon, make sure they have enough game background to bring good questions/ideas.

To put it another way, each of the 150 people there are representing 3000-4000 players. I don't want to be represented by someone who hasn't even finished leveling their first character.

SirUrza
03.05.2012 , 06:08 PM | #558
I had to work.. I hope the live stream's arhive page gets updated soonish so we can watch the recording!
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

erennedim
03.05.2012 , 06:08 PM | #559
did they say something about mounts?

Imperialnavy
03.05.2012 , 06:11 PM | #560
I waited all day for a good presentation for guilds and a good discussion, considering this is a "Guild Summit" and was thoroughly disappointed at the limited number of questions taken. I know you have "limited time" but considering that "Guild" was in the name of this gathering... you ought to have made that the highlight topic (especially after saying how "Bioware loves guilds".
Imperial Insurance Ajusters
A guild of the Republic on the Shadowlands server
contact Koert (thats me!) in game