Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's Ancestry *SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's Ancestry *SPOILERS*

Ravshar
03.06.2012 , 06:48 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
...and I don't always keep up on the lore. >_<
Twi'lek lore has always been pretty muddied. I've not read all of the books, but one of them has the race originaly geneticaly engineered. They'd still reproduce normaly, but the origin of th race is what its refered to.

Of course another place mentions some unknown long lost human colony ship on their home planet and suggests that was their origination, contradicting the other. Not unlike how for years the only source said they couldn't procreate with humans, and now a TV show reference says the can.

Anyway... the story is possible, but still pretty far-fetched for a twi-lek inquisitor. With the upcoming legacy changes though, its gonna get alot weirder. Suposedly, once you get a race to lvl 50 - you can use that race for any class. Gonna fall back to my original comments and just say some things you might have to just ignore for the sake of gameplay.

Katahn
03.06.2012 , 08:58 AM | #42
Speaking of "unlocking your race for any class" and the story inconsistencies that produces...

I kind of wished that instead of stories specific to Inquisitor and Warrior the stories were based on alien and sith/human. Meaning you could be a Twi'lek Sith Warrior but you'd be going through the Sith Inquisitor storyline (being you are a damned dirty alien and all that), or you could be a Sith Pureblood Inquisitor and go through the Sith Warrior storyline (because you are *real* sith after all). It is entirely possible that storylines are locked by class and not race, or couldn't be done by race in some cases and class in others, but it would have been cool.

Sith Pureblood = Always uses Sith Warrior Story
Human = add new races called "Sith Human" and "Slave Human" - story varies by "subspecies" chosen. Ditto for Cyborgs.
Zabrak, Rattataki, Twi'lek, etc. = Always use Sith Inquisitor Story
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

ErikModi
03.06.2012 , 10:36 AM | #43
I was pretty sure the Twi'lek children in the Clone Wars story were adopted by their clone "parent," not biologically fathered by him. The implication seemed to be that they were his "stepchildren," not his actual biological children, from his wife's previous marriage/fiddling around before getting married.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

SavageElf
03.06.2012 , 10:45 AM | #44
he could adopt twi'lek orphan or something. he doesn't seem most wicked sith lord
I like the Miraluka. I am terrible sorry in light my infractions i going tried make effect to tried improve myself on not be rude.

Lithy
03.06.2012 , 10:58 AM | #45
I play a Zabrak one, and it specificly says pretty late in my story Lord Kallig was a Zabrak, I just assumed it replaces the species name with whatever you picked race wise.

Creptman
03.14.2012 , 08:35 PM | #46
Twi'Lek Stepchild? Lol.
Rule 1: I am always correct
Rule 2: If I see to be incorrect, refer to rule 1.

Captain_Zone
03.14.2012 , 10:34 PM | #47
I play a human assassin. Yes yes, boring, I know. I didn't really want to play another Pureblood, since I can't really see Purebloods as slaves in their own Empire.

I also didn't want to play a Zabrak, since I've seen enough Maul clones to last a lifetime.
And with a Twi'Lek, I couldn't have my hood up and look like Ezio in the black armor from AC II. xD

But anyhow, Lord Kallig has acted honorably towards me the entire time, and my assassin is level 33 now. I believe it's true, and the Inquisitor really is descended from him. He keeps giving us Easter eggs (bad*** helmet for example.)

If they start calling me Lord Kallig, I will shout out HELL YES! since by all rights, the Inquisitor IS the new Lord Kallig. Am I wrong, or am I right?
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

KingMeteor
05.22.2012 , 02:18 AM | #48
So I just got to my first meeting with Kallig and I'm pretty annoyed tbh.

I decided to roll my inquisitor as an twi'lek because like the IA story, the SI has conversation options which touch on there alien heritage and sith racism (specism)

now i'm level 16 and been told I'm kalligs ancestor I just 'can't' buy it! Sure theres evidence to suggest that twi'leks may be able to mate with humans but if thats the case then how come we don't see any hybrids at all in game (or anywhere other than the abortion that is the clone wars?)

Now it's the debate whether to level another SI which is a human or perhaps something a bit more plausable as kalligs ancestor like a rattataki.
'Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.'

Captain Rixi

Katahn
05.22.2012 , 10:16 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by KingMeteor View Post
So I just got to my first meeting with Kallig and I'm pretty annoyed tbh.

I decided to roll my inquisitor as an twi'lek because like the IA story, the SI has conversation options which touch on there alien heritage and sith racism (specism)

now i'm level 16 and been told I'm kalligs ancestor I just 'can't' buy it! Sure theres evidence to suggest that twi'leks may be able to mate with humans but if thats the case then how come we don't see any hybrids at all in game (or anywhere other than the abortion that is the clone wars?)

Now it's the debate whether to level another SI which is a human or perhaps something a bit more plausable as kalligs ancestor like a rattataki.
Kalig pre-dates the formation of the Sith Empire - and that was millenia ago. He may very well have been a twi'lek himself and just doesn't show lekku through his helmet for the same reason players don't - a limitation of the game engine. The Empire would just gloss over his species and record him as a sith that was killed by the mighty Tulak Hord and leave it at that.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Captain_Zone
05.22.2012 , 01:35 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
Kalig pre-dates the formation of the Sith Empire - and that was millenia ago. He may very well have been a twi'lek himself and just doesn't show lekku through his helmet for the same reason players don't - a limitation of the game engine. The Empire would just gloss over his species and record him as a sith that was killed by the mighty Tulak Hord and leave it at that.
Actually, Kallig was a contemporary of Tulak Hord. Both lived during the time of the Sith Empire.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tulak_Hord

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aloysius_Kallig

Which brings us to the conundrum of the Twi'lek SI. Since TCW is T-Canon, and apparently the half-Twi'lek half-Human kids WERE really hybrids, then it is theoretically possible that somewhere down the line from Aloysius Kallig to the SI, one of his descendants married a Twi'lek, and then the half-Twi'lek married a full Twi'lek, and so on and so forth, etc. etc.

So basically the previous assumption in C-Canon that humans and Twi'leks can't interbreed has been superceded by the T-Canon TCW episode "Deserter". It will probably be retconned to S-Canon as a rumor.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"