Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's Ancestry *SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's Ancestry *SPOILERS*

DiscreteFury
03.05.2012 , 05:38 AM | #1
Everyone please keep in mind that I am only level 24 at the moment and have only just reached Tatooine, please do not post anything that ruins the story to come...

So far I'm loving the SI story and the game in general, love the voice acting. My only issue is that some how as a Twi'lek (red ones go faster XD) I'm suposedly the decendant of Kallig, Lord of the Sith (presumably a Sith-Human hybrid). I'm trying to make this make sense in my head, can humans mate with twi'leks?

Please let me know what you think about it.

Jandi
03.05.2012 , 06:12 AM | #2
I think the whole premise is stupid. I would just ignore that part completely, really. Even if they could produce Twi'lek offspring, they would be hybrids and they were isolationists at the time, what, did they go around the galaxy, kidnapping random ALIENS for the lulz? It goes against everything we know of the current Sith Empire. Let's assume for a moment that all that happened, a Sith Lord, especially a Pureblood, would *never* lower himself to a race like the Twi'leks from his point of view.

Just to add, I have a Twi'lek Assassin as my main and I love the race, so this isn't about hating on them twintails, it's just an observation of the framework.

Even if your ancestor was a human, a Sith Lord would kill the slave that got pregnant and slaves are all that Twi'leks COULD have been in the time of your ancestor. Unless your ancestor was not on Kaas, but went around the galaxy for whatever reason, shagging aliens just to, you know, sample the cuisine.

Katahn
03.05.2012 , 06:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I think the whole premise is stupid. I would just ignore that part completely, really. Even if they could produce Twi'lek offspring, they would be hybrids and they were isolationists at the time, what, did they go around the galaxy, kidnapping random ALIENS for the lulz? It goes against everything we know of the current Sith Empire. Let's assume for a moment that all that happened, a Sith Lord, especially a Pureblood, would *never* lower himself to a race like the Twi'leks from his point of view.

Just to add, I have a Twi'lek Assassin as my main and I love the race, so this isn't about hating on them twintails, it's just an observation of the framework.

Even if your ancestor was a human, a Sith Lord would kill the slave that got pregnant and slaves are all that Twi'leks COULD have been in the time of your ancestor. Unless your ancestor was not on Kaas, but went around the galaxy for whatever reason, shagging aliens just to, you know, sample the cuisine.
There's no reason to trust anything that Kallig says. The entire SI storyline revolves around lies and betrayal. Kallig was a major Sith Lord, a rival to Tulak Hord, and all we have is his "word" that he is interested in your twi'lek's best success. For all we know he's lying his spectral backside off for many of the same reasons that every other major NPC in the SI story is - it is the central theme of the SI story: lies, murder, and betrayal.

Just because an NPC claims something in a dialogue scene it does not mean it is true, or should be believed. Even if it is true, it doesn't mean that NPC is genuinely interested in your character's success and prosperity.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Jandi
03.05.2012 , 06:56 AM | #4
I'm not claiming he is, in fact, your ancestor. My point was the problems inherent in the supposition. You are right, he was most likely lying for whatever reason. Maybe he merely sensed your power and sought to use you, like all Sith do.

Ranadiel_Marius
03.05.2012 , 06:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post

That assumes that the Twi'lek was introduced into the bloodline with Kallig. There have been something like 50 generations since then. Assuming a human/twi'lek is possible, it could have happened in any of the 50 generations none of whom should have been Sith Lords since the Sith Inquisitor is the line's return to power.

That aside, he wears a mask, so he cold be a Twi'lek with a really weird back story.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Jandi
03.05.2012 , 07:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
That assumes that the Twi'lek was introduced into the bloodline with Kallig. There have been something like 50 generations since then. Assuming a human/twi'lek is possible, it could have happened in any of the 50 generations none of whom should have been Sith Lords since the Sith Inquisitor is the line's return to power.

That aside, he wears a mask, so he cold be a Twi'lek with a really weird back story.
Wow, how much of a moron am I, huh? I have no idea why I thought it was him that mated with a Twi'lek. Serves me right for posting before my morning coffee. /facepalm

He can't be a twi'lek though, mask or not he doesn't have the lekku and part of a twi'leks brain is actually in the "tails" so they cannot function without them.

Ravshar
03.05.2012 , 07:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
Just because an NPC claims something in a dialogue scene it does not mean it is true, or should be believed. Even if it is true, it doesn't mean that NPC is genuinely interested in your character's success and prosperity.
Shouldn't matter. Truth or not, Lie or not Kallig wouldn't be trying to tell me I'm his decendant if its not even possible and its so obvious the character would know it. Suposedly (decendant or not) the SI is the character that broke Kallig from his madness and start relaxing his hold over the possesed in the temple. You'd think they'd just twist the dialogue some if the race was an alien and link that feat to some ability the SI has instead of lineage.

Till then (if ever) you just kinda just gotta ignore it. I played a human sorcerer up to Taris and the story so far fit prefectly. Playing another race for my assasin though and it doesn't make any sense if you play a non-human or non-sith. Twileks, again doesn't make sense at all. The Rattakai are near-humans, but were only enslaved by the empire after the war started. Pretty much makes any of them related to Kallig half-human anyway. If your gonna be a near-human & human halfbreed... why not just play a bald human.

I agree it should just be ignored though. Their is much more to the game than that part of story. And the options to have multiple races more than makes up for story inconsitancies. Might be neat if they had a recommended races for people playing through the first time though.

Silthir
03.05.2012 , 08:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DiscreteFury View Post
Everyone please keep in mind that I am only level 24 at the moment and have only just reached Tatooine, please do not post anything that ruins the story to come...

So far I'm loving the SI story and the game in general, love the voice acting. My only issue is that some how as a Twi'lek (red ones go faster XD) I'm suposedly the decendant of Kallig, Lord of the Sith (presumably a Sith-Human hybrid). I'm trying to make this make sense in my head, can humans mate with twi'leks?

Please let me know what you think about it.
Actually, Kallig (as in the specter Kallig) changes his race based on the race that you chose. So a human Kallig would have a human Kallig as an ancestor, where as a Sith Pureblood would have a Sith Pureblood Kallig, ect.

Tadshackles
03.05.2012 , 08:08 AM | #9
Kallig is your ancestor not your father. His grandchild could have made it happen with a ratataki and so on til a twilek was involved. It was never said that you are PURE Twi'lek.

It is more than possible that many generations back you are related to someone of another race. My great grandfather had children with a black woman and I am pasty white... She is still my ancestor. (granted human and twilek are a lot different than color)
"The problem with internet quotes is that many are not genuine"
~Abraham Lincoln

Jandi
03.05.2012 , 08:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tadshackles View Post
Kallig is your ancestor not your father. His grandchild could have made it happen with a ratataki and so on til a twilek was involved. It was never said that you are PURE Twi'lek.

It is more than possible that many generations back you are related to someone of another race. My great grandfather had children with a black woman and I am pasty white... She is still my ancestor. (granted human and twilek are a lot different than color)
I already said in a later post that I have no idea why I said something so utterly moronic.