Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Tank

LucisAbyssus
03.04.2012 , 11:54 PM | #1
So I've been doing fairly mediocre in Warzones and I have decided that I'd like to do better than mediocre instead, so I'm asking for any advice the Inquisitor community can give me for performing better in PvP. In order to ask, I should also tell, so, I...:

- Am a darkness build Assassin tank
- Wearing only 3 pieces of centurion, and 1 piece of champion gear at the moment
- Still, obviously grinding for my pieces of armor
- Have an average protection rate of 10-25k in WZ's
- Usually get bronze and silver medals
- Usually average 40-60 Commendations
- Stack Endurance, willpower, defense, and absorption

From this, I hope you can give me some advice. HOWEVER... if you need anymore information please ask, I'll see what I can do.

AetherMcLoud
03.05.2012 , 02:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LucisAbyssus View Post
There's your problem. Tank stats are close to useless in pvp. Use the dps set (shadow stalker I think it's called).
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

LucisAbyssus
03.05.2012 , 10:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
There's your problem. Tank stats are close to useless in pvp. Use the dps set (shadow stalker I think it's called).
Why are they useless in PvP?

Kohrrokk
03.05.2012 , 11:18 AM | #4
So I've been doing fairly mediocre in Warzones and I have decided that I'd like to do better than mediocre instead, so I'm asking for any advice the Inquisitor community can give me for performing better in PvP. In order to ask, I should also tell, so, I...:

- Am a darkness build Assassin tank
- Wearing only 3 pieces of centurion, and 1 piece of champion gear at the moment
- Still, obviously grinding for my pieces of armor
- Have an average protection rate of 10-25k in WZ's
- Usually get bronze and silver medals
- Usually average 40-60 Commendations

From this, I hope you can give me some advice. HOWEVER... if you need anymore information please ask, I'll see what I can do.
I am an assassin tank and I love to pvp and pve. The first thing I did was get implants, relics, and earipiece since that helps get your expertise up pretty quick. As far as stacking defense and absorption, shield rating is a better stat (imo). This is the frequency in which your shield is activated. A high absorption is nice, but you need the shield to actually go off to experience the absorb, right? This is exactly where shield rating comes into play. I had quite a bit of synthweaved gear (because that is my creww skill) that was purple with the prefix of Veracity. This helps increase your shield rating, absorption, and defense. Now that I have full centurion gear and a few champion pieces, I am doing rather well in the warzones. Good luck!

LucisAbyssus
03.05.2012 , 11:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kohrrokk View Post
I am an assassin tank and I love to pvp and pve. The first thing I did was get implants, relics, and earipiece since that helps get your expertise up pretty quick. As far as stacking defense and absorption, shield rating is a better stat (imo). This is the frequency in which your shield is activated. A high absorption is nice, but you need the shield to actually go off to experience the absorb, right? This is exactly where shield rating comes into play. I had quite a bit of synthweaved gear (because that is my creww skill) that was purple with the prefix of Veracity. This helps increase your shield rating, absorption, and defense. Now that I have full centurion gear and a few champion pieces, I am doing rather well in the warzones. Good luck!
What if synthweaving isn't a crew skill? How would I go about getting veracity?

Moondancerbb
03.05.2012 , 12:13 PM | #6
Why are they useless in PvP?
Because Defense and shielding only work against two types of attacks out of the 4 and does not affect crits. Almost all classes major attacks bypass your defense and shielding.