Rank 80 Assassin Video -- Deception + Darkness

Tiduslol

Just released my first video of me doing nothing special.

But it's pretty cool, so check it out - maybe you're in it!

Going both Dps spec (Deception) and Tank spec (Darkness)

Also got some footage at the end of the 1st Jung Ma Jumping Bean dueling tournament I participated in from someone else's perspective! I believe it was the semi-final and final matches in there!

ps. don't mind the noobiness, I'm kinda bad! :-)

Don't really get why the rank was necessary in the thread title with how most people rank in this game, but not bad viewing all the same so hey, props.

80 rank is something not much common yet. E.g. on my rp server best rank is 77 and there are only 7 ppl with 70+ rank.

Nice Vid.

Wondering which class you have the most trouble with.

Although I was late to the party, I watched some of your live stream the other night and you were going back and forth between WZ's and Duels. From what I can remember you won every duel except one against a Vanguard. I was surprised because it looked like from the stream that he handled you pretty well, ending the duel with half health left.

Just curious if that is the norm or just a fluke.

Nice Vid.

Wondering which class you have the most trouble with.

Although I was late to the party, I watched some of your live stream the other night and you were going back and forth between WZ's and Duels. From what I can remember you won every duel except one against a Vanguard. I was surprised because it looked like from the stream that he handled you pretty well, ending the duel with half health left.

Just curious if that is the norm or just a fluke.

Probably a pyro?

Edited by Darth_Sookie

Probably a pyro?

Honestly, I am not sure...it was a Vanguard and he could have been Assault Spec'd, but I was to busy watching health bars:rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think he was a Pyro, if I remember correctly.

Honestly, I am not sure...it was a Vanguard and he could have been Assault Spec'd, but I was to busy watching health bars:rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think he was a Pyro, if I remember correctly.

Yep he was a Vanguard spec'd on the far right tree (Pyrotech for the Powertechs)

They got probably the nastiest burst in the game and their High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot will penetrate through armor!

I did lose one match to a Marauder, but it was best out of 3. I ended up winning the whole tournament for the 3rd time in a row with 3 different specs (Deception, Hybrid and Darkness)

Sorry, but I thought it was quite bad. Bad movement/targetting/distance management. Showcased a sturdy spec that is (A.) painfully simple and (B.) makes the weakest contribution to team play (someone in greens can basically contribute as much as someone in BM).

If I was trying to showcase on how to win WZs I'd post me and my premade doing objectives. This wasnt the case.

I just tab targetted and keyboard turned my way into kills because to be honest, after getting to rank 80 from doing WZs (yes that's right, no Illum farming) they can be quite dull and boring if you just keep going for the objective.

I'm sure people wouldn't want to watch me

A) Sit on an Alderaan node for 3 minutes guarding it.

B) Don't leave a voidstar door unguarded

C) Grabbing the huttball every single time and heading for the end zone.

And honestly if I don't do any of those, I am not contributing, because PUGS rarely will do it.

Fun video!

I knew your guild name was familiar, we used to RvR against you guys on Nimue. Good times.

Oh wow for real? I was the skald known as Darath! Who were you?

About 50% of us from that time are still around.

Glad to see more old school DAoC players around, managed to find a bunch of my server as well, quite surprising!

Darath sounds very familar. I was Winslow the friar, the guild was Foundation. Back then, there were about 12 of us total.

I'd say about half of us are together still as the guild R U N N O F T on Shien. We have pretty much moved from game to game together since DAOC picking up lonely PvP'rs as we go:P We number about 10 now.

Edited by revcornelius

I'm curious, because I'm starting an assassin alt and not sure what spec to take him yet, how come you didn't go Darkness? I've heard generally that deception is lacking, do you not find that to be the case?

Also, how come you didn't pick up chain shock? Seems to me like lightning recovery and charge mastery could be dropped for chain shock and it would increase your burst potential by a large amount. Do you just prefer the utility over burst potential?

I'm curious, because I'm starting an assassin alt and not sure what spec to take him yet, how come you didn't go Darkness? I've heard generally that deception is lacking, do you not find that to be the case?

Also, how come you didn't pick up chain shock? Seems to me like lightning recovery and charge mastery could be dropped for chain shock and it would increase your burst potential by a large amount. Do you just prefer the utility over burst potential?

I am currently spec'd Darkness since our main 'tank' (a Powertech) respec'd to Pyrotech - and GUARD imo is a must in PvP.

That Deception Spec is for WZs with the lower cooldown on Sprint / Shroud I feel like it ups my survivability and Sprint on 20 sec cd is just so adicting!

But I do like the chain shock version of deception as well, imo you can't go wrong with both~