Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unlikely things about Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Unlikely things about Star Wars

TJBartlemus
03.07.2012 , 05:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by westraz View Post
you have to remaber R2-d2 sever in the days of the old Republic, and had all the codes form back in the day, the same days the DeathStar was being made, when the Empire was formed, a lot of the codes just got lost and never got taken out, so all R2 had to do is find a old code that worked a back door, and he see everything.. simple for a drod like R2 that take point ohohohohohohohoh 8 seconds
Yes but at the end of ep. III I remember Obi-wan telling a soldier to wipe both C-3PO's and R2-D2's memories, so wouldn't that clear any codes on him?
Qui-Gon Jinn
The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent.

Toonimator
03.07.2012 , 05:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TJBartlemus View Post
Yes but at the end of ep. III I remember Obi-wan telling a soldier to wipe both C-3PO's and R2-D2's memories, so wouldn't that clear any codes on him?
No... Bail Organa told one of his people (Captain Antilles, probably) to wipe the protocol droid's memory, ie, C-3PO. R2-D2 wasn't mentioned in that exchange at all, probably because they figured R2 could keep his trap shut (and in any case, he'd need a translator, a viewscreen to plug into, or someone like Anakin or Luke that can get the gist of what he's trying to communicate in order to blab)

TheLonelyTusken
03.07.2012 , 06:01 PM | #23
Maybe R2 had some kind of hacking device software programmed into him in his days with the republic, and maybe the Empire didn't protect against old hacking software from the old institution. Pretty dumb theory but lol.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

TJBartlemus
03.07.2012 , 06:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
No... Bail Organa told one of his people (Captain Antilles, probably) to wipe the protocol droid's memory, ie, C-3PO. R2-D2 wasn't mentioned in that exchange at all, probably because they figured R2 could keep his trap shut (and in any case, he'd need a translator, a viewscreen to plug into, or someone like Anakin or Luke that can get the gist of what he's trying to communicate in order to blab)
Oh yeah, sorry about that. anyway, I believe most people in star Wars know what R2 is saying. Anyone with the least amount of tech ability in Star Wars seems to know what he is saying, so he wouldn't need a translator.
Qui-Gon Jinn

TJBartlemus
03.07.2012 , 07:54 PM | #25
Yeah I was watching the Robot chicken Star Wars and I absolutely agree.

Dr. Ball: [Padme's death scene in Revenge of the Sith] She's "lost the will to live"? What is your degree in poetry? You sorry bunch of hippies! For God' sake, don't use the billions of dollars of medical equipment around us! Why don't we just get down on our knees and pray!?!

Unlikely. Very unlikely.
Qui-Gon Jinn

SNEAKYSIX
03.08.2012 , 03:28 AM | #26
Dear Vader
I wish to issue a security ticket for an illegal intrusion on our DS network.
At 12:01 an illegal intrusion was detected. It is still unknown at this time if any of our personal details have been compromised. The severity of this attack will be given the highest priority and Ive already despatched a highly qualified tech analysis team to investigate the matter.
It wouldbe advisable however to change your personal banking details in the event access to such uncrypted information has been accessed.

For further details please quote ref 103945: DS IT HELPDESK.
You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

Aximand
03.08.2012 , 04:42 AM | #27
I hate to say it, but its very obvious that this guy doesn't know much about Star Wars.

Well, compared to the people on this forum, anyway.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

DavieDe
03.08.2012 , 05:17 AM | #28
Considering R2 was used to store the plans for the deathstar it is very possible they came with the codes he needed to access certain systems,
a Dwarf stole my "I like the game and thats all that matters" sign

kailhun
03.08.2012 , 05:34 AM | #29
Darth Vader has a password that overrides everything in the Empire. R2's memory was never wiped. R2-D2 knows Darth Vader is Anakin and knows that he always uses the same password: Padme.
Anakin never was too bright.
sig sig siggity sig

kailhun
03.08.2012 , 05:53 AM | #30
Quote:
also what seems unlikely is that they would leave the hole that would destroy the death star absolutely unprotected. I am sure someone would have noticed that could be a problem. To spend all that time and money on a weapon to be destroyed by a well placed shot. Major design flaw.
Not unusual in ships. Big ships can be sunk by one or two well placed torpedo's.
The biggest problem with the Graf Spee was finding it. After it was cornered the Germans sank her themselves. It wasn't even combat that sunk her, but false information.
During WWI many British ships were destroyed because German shells ignited gunpowder. One (un)lucky shell and down went the ship. Turns out the powder was being stored in the wrong place.
All it took to sink the Titanic was one iceberg.
sig sig siggity sig