So I went to Ilum.........

alderdale

And having 50 players in one place fighting basically breaks your game. 17 Fps really, you think people are going to put up with that cr@p? Im one of the lucky ones most are getting 5 to 10 in those zergs.

You can pull down 100 FPS anywhere else in your game but try to implement the MMO part and your game breaks.

This is not a single player game Bioware its a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game. Please figure out how to make that MMO part work.

Thank you for reading.

They figured out how to fix Ilum in 1.2........rig the daily quests so that people never have to go there again : |

Fix the engine and open world pvp mechanics or pretend that Ilum never happened? One of the may reasons I unsubbed.

And having 50 players in one place fighting basically breaks your game. 17 Fps really, you think people are going to put up with that cr@p? Im one of the lucky ones most are getting 5 to 10 in those zergs.

You can pull down 100 FPS anywhere else in your game but try to implement the MMO part and your game breaks.

This is not a single player game Bioware its a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game. Please figure out how to make that MMO part work.

Thank you for reading.

I fight on ilum with 9FPS bro. I still have fun. Your complaint is a bit childish in comparison with other issues this game has.

Edited by BlazingShadow

Thank you for reading.

I kinda tend to agree. Ilum is a poor overall design. It is too large of an area with too many details. And although I still play there it is the only place in the game with performance issues for me, I really wish they had adressed this sooner. Incidentally I do very well as long as there are only about 10-15 people per side doing the battle, things go south for me once it hits around 20, and then usually if there are 20 repubs then like 80 imps show up then things go down to about 3-6 FPS, literally.

I fight on ilum with 9FPS bro. I pretend im still having fun so I dont have to face the fact that i'm paying a permium for a barely functional game. Your complaint is completly valid in comparison with other issues this game has.

Fixed that for you.

I fight on ilum with 9FPS bro. I still have fun. Your complaint is a bit childish in comparison with other issues this game has.

This is an MMO that doesnt work when people get together to do things in large numbers. That my friend is a Huge problem so huge in fact that they are losing subs over it daily.

Edited by alderdale

Lol ilum. Such a skill based zone. 30 ppl overthere. 30 ppl over there. 3 ppl get too close and die. Wait. 1 guy gets pulled in. Wait. 2 guys run over and die. Wait. Ride back a bit. Wait.

Yeah ilum rocks lol.

I kinda tend to agree. Ilum is a poor overall design. It is too large of an area with too many details. And although I still play there it is the only place in the game with performance issues for me, I really wish they had adressed this sooner. Incidentally I do very well as long as there are only about 10-15 people per side doing the battle, things go south for me once it hits around 20, and then usually if there are 20 repubs then like 80 imps show up then things go down to about 3-6 FPS, literally.

Honestly though thats pretty much going to be the case with any mmo with graphics that arent 5+ years old in an open world environment with 100+ players and a huge draw distance in an open world environment. Sure it was their fault by designing it like that in the first place.

STill i have alot of fun on ilum. Last night we had a group of 15 or so republic players randomly at 1 am, we Ops's up and there were a similair amount of imperials and it was the most fun ive had pvp'ing in an mmo in a long time.

If there is too many people go to the second instance on ilum, thats what i do. At least BW made it so that you can still play through instances (which dont have limits) rather then putting a cap on how many people can play on ilum.

Edited by Samborino

Fixed that for you.

Heck you must have been on BW's reject list, you broke it worse then they could ever imagine.

Seriously, responses like this just show that those responding are doing so generally because they realize that the person they are responding to is right.

In this case someone actually rebutting what the Op posted and is having fun in the game seems to have hit a nerve with you.

I have to join that person. getting about 15 fps and Ilum has been fun. More so then other open world pvp areas. And I normally run the game at 45ish fps.

FPS issues aside, when mass PVP happens at Ilum I actually have fun. The problem is that you so seldom have mass PVP.

For ever 20 mins of intense large group fighting you get about 3 hours of one side doing circles around the center assault picking up crates afterwards.

Timing is critical for Ilum to be fun and most times peoples timing is off. As soon as the majority of the minority faction gets there daily completed, the raiding ends and it returns to a half dozen people within their own faction fighting for crates in the center.

Ilum over all is just plane badly designed. They give us 5 objectives, yet all of those objectives are in a strait line. No strategy required in taking them or holding them. You also have no obvious stanglehold points on the map where fighting can take place or should take place. As a result the fighting almost always ends the same way - with one team camping the other faction's base. At that point in turns into 30 mins of grapple kills as each side grabs people and pulls them into the pile of teammates who will quickly kill them.

Whoever designed Ilum seriously needs to consider a new line of work.