Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

starting swtor login and press play and then a black screen? help please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
starting swtor login and press play and then a black screen? help please

12.16.2011 , 06:47 AM | #1
hey im in the pre order that lets me begin before the 20'th, anyhow that not my problem.

when i installed the game and login'd and pressed "play" my screen goes black and i get the swtor mouseclicker and when i click i hear SW soundeffect but ther still a black screen with nothing else happening,

i have cheek't my firwall, i have run as administrator, i have tried to repair it but ther was nothing "wrong", i have try waiting it out for 8-9hours to be exact (while i was asleep)

sorry if my english is bad, anyone having the similar problem? has anyone found a solution on this ?

12.16.2011 , 06:50 AM | #2
First load takes long. Especially on older machines. Be patient, it will show you the screen eventually.

BTW. Server list freezes, each time they add/modify server list.

12.16.2011 , 06:52 AM | #3
Had the same issue at first, reloaded the game a couple of times and then it worked, but yea, you gotta be patient, load will take a while.

Took me about 1.5-2 mins first time, and I have a new PC with an SSD.

12.16.2011 , 06:58 AM | #4
if patience doesnt fix it double check you have the latest gfx drivers for your card, that fixed it for a few folks i know.
Psychotic Malevolence - The Twisted Side of Dark
21yrs+ Social PvE Sith Empire Guild - Red Eclipse (EU)
Chilling out yet still getting stuff done, just at our own pace

12.16.2011 , 07:00 AM | #5
maybe your screen resolution is too high in game as on mine defaulted to 1600-900. if your monitor not good enough then screen will be black, only fix i know of is hdmi it into a hd tv and turn settings down, then start on normal monitor again hope this helped