Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your Chiss Name?

Huroken
12.16.2011 , 06:37 AM | #1
There's a thread about Chiss names futher down, I'm curious to know what people who have followed Chiss convention have chosen for their names and why??

My IA Chiss is called: Thosc
Full name is: Jarlat'hos'clien

This name doesnt use any "official" Chiss family or occupation names I'm aware of in SW Lore (decent list found here). Of course I could please any puritans by claiming a full name of Brast'hos'cspalla to match that list.

Why? Well I always use names from a list of about 75 I have from my Neverwinter Nigths days. Each name has a character to me from it's creation and I try to match that name with the character I wish to portray.

Of course the D&D world doesn't have anything close to Chiss naming convention so I took my Dark Elf Warlock, Jarlath Hosclien, and transformed his name. Incidently Hosclien is the name of my WoW Holy Paladin.

If you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, here's some helpful resources:
Wookieepedia Entry
Understanding Chiss names
The NornIron Legacy
Thosc - Operative | Ro'lin - Mercenary | Syrafé - Assassin | Huroken - Juggernaut
Ilsenkiir - Gunslinger | Wínters - Vanguard | Merisha - Sage | Llano - Sentinel

AstroCat
12.16.2011 , 07:57 AM | #2
My IA Chiss is called: Savek
Full name is: Kres’ave’ kleoni

Huroken
12.16.2011 , 08:07 AM | #3
Credit where credit's due, cheers for those links AstroCat
The NornIron Legacy
Thosc - Operative | Ro'lin - Mercenary | Syrafé - Assassin | Huroken - Juggernaut
Ilsenkiir - Gunslinger | Wínters - Vanguard | Merisha - Sage | Llano - Sentinel

TIE-Defender
01.25.2012 , 08:32 PM | #4
My Agent's name is Kit'alo'nuruodo. I gave him that name in game and rp the core name Talon. I mostly solo and my guild is a light duty/for fun group on a RP server so I don't feel too bad with the long full Chiss name.

Explosive_Lasers
01.25.2012 , 08:52 PM | #5
My Chiss responds pretty much solely as Veldarel, because most of his position in the military making him deal with humans extremely often. So, he's pretty much adopted it both for ease and to signify his dedication to the Empire.

His actual name is Shev'eldare'lith, but he doesn't want to take up too much time correcting pronunciation.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

Erethrian
01.26.2012 , 04:58 AM | #6
Female

Kryv'szella'varr

Szella

I've been doing some research, for some reason the female characters don't take the last letter of the first name and the first of the last one, they just use the "core name" as normal name. I don't know why though, and I think there's a female character that does as the male ones but I cannot recall her name.

Regards,

Erethrorn

KillerPuffin
01.26.2012 , 06:34 AM | #7
X'zonn. Fair and simple.
Nothing better than booze and grenade launchers. Future Demoman incoming!

tehjai
01.30.2012 , 02:50 PM | #8
My Chiss BH's full name is Cyn'tion'avi, but she goes by Tiona and almost nobody knows her full name. It was because she wanted the Ascendancy to leave her alone, but then Hoth happened...

They still don't know her full name, and she likes it that way.
The Oboa Legacy - Playing Pretend on The Ebon Hawk

Tiona, 55 Mercenary || Perkele, 55 Sorcerer || Hanneke, 55 Mercenary || Sadri, 34 Sentinel || Sha'nori, 42 Operative || Lauritz, 29 Sniper || Sukhera, 51 Juggernaut

Dayestorm
02.01.2012 , 04:51 AM | #9
T'Zahn I haven't thought of a full name for him mainly cause it took me so long Just to figure this out.

Tyron-Vass
02.01.2012 , 05:17 AM | #10
i was uncreative and just used Mitth
The full name is : Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Dont ask about my legacy, i just say :
"Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 4 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines."