Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is Revan overrated?


Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
03.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Do you see what your doing? Your making an arguement for your opponent, I'm not sure if Raayla will use it but I sure will.


You've already used many examples of how Vader and Revan are alike. And thats the problem, Revan is literally an exact copy of Vader if you look at their stories. Thats why I don't lke him.
what argument? that one? imo revan being similar to vader on the redemption part isnt a bad thing, i dont think revan is a a copy of vader at all, besides the redemption thing that is present in manny characters throughout EU take a pick, and imo they are all diferent. I no where said that vader was best then revan or revan was best then vader. you are making supositions.
im debating that whatever reasons you put there doesnt matter whos best, but you think it does. imo is a fail in your part.
In all honesty revan isnt overated nor vader, they are simply characters and most of the times, people just made them what they want them to be. For me an interesting charater doenst need to be perfect, nor god. If the story is good, and much more importantly the way is told is good, that was the case of kotor, those characters will feel specialy in my memory and aparently in the memory of manny ppl. characters like jolie, HK47 or canderous for instance. For god sake Kotor had better dialogues them many modern movies, possibly better then SW movies. how come a person isnt alowed to love this charcters, just because someone says otherwise?!
In the end i had blast playing kotor, and sometimes even today i still have. that is all that matters for me. And thus for i like the revan character, and nothing else matters.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
03.04.2012 , 03:31 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post

Deviss, Do you think that the redeemed Revan had ever intended for the sith to take over the Republic a thousand years later?
No, did I stated something that would suggest so? If yes, sorry for the confusion and let me clarify this matter. As I said - it is ironic. Despite Revan's redemption and his role as hero and savior, in the end he was the one responsible for Republic's downfall. BEFORE his redemption did he intend for the sith to become stronger than ever? Yes.

It is possible that AFTER his redemption, he had forgotten about his holocron on Lehon, or just simply ignored it, thinking that noone would ever seek it out.

Anyway, how are one's intentions related to what he actually achieved? No matter what his latter intensions where, in the end he is one who is responsible for ultimate victory of the sith. It may have been the last thing Revan wanted but it still does not change anything.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
03.04.2012 , 04:19 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post

Deviss, Do you think that the redeemed Revan had ever intended for the sith to take over the Republic a thousand years later?
Maybe, maybe not. But I doubt it.


Spoiler
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Darth_Solrac's Avatar


Darth_Solrac
03.04.2012 , 04:47 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
The only combat achievements was killing Mandalore the Ultimate and Malak.

And killing Malak wasn't that big of a deal, he sparred with him thousands of times and always defeated him. Malak tried to kill him by destroying his ship, a cheap way to kill. Malak was not impressive.


Mandalore the Ultimate really means nothing... Vader fought to a draw with the greatest BH and Mandalore ever.


If he gets an honorable mention for NEARLY conquering the Republic, then Vader gets an extremely honorable mention.


Sidious invaded the known galaxy politically.

Vader did it physically. He invaded dozens of worlds including some of the toughest armies of the Republic, Kashyyk is a prime example. He went into the temple killed around 10 masters and slaughtered numerous nameless Knights and Padawans. Possibly hundreds.


Vader's time was the time of the Golden Age of the Jedi. The Jedi Order at its best, and he slaughtered a huge deal with his legion of STORMTROOPERS. Revan had an mass army of JEDI behind him.


He didn't redeem himself. The Jedi redeemed him, they had to erase his memory in order for him to change. Vader chose that decision by himself.

I use Vader as an example becuase thats what most used. But I can use other Examples if you'd prefer it.
He was called Mandalore the ULTIMATE for a reason friend. So yea, it mattered, alot. The Mandalorians revered him highly afterwards.

The fact that Revan could inspire such Jedi into what were really his own personal disciples IS also significant. Anakin was never able to do that as a Jedi.

Revan also never got his *** handed to him by a Jedi like Vader, by Obi Wan, who was also still technically his master no less.

I can go on, but I see now this debate will never end. I'm not saying he's the best ANYTHING ever, just that he deserves SOME cred.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
03.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But I doubt it.


Spoiler
Wait, I thought he was just freed from the Maelstorm Nebula prison. You know, the one in which he was being held up in stasis for over three centuries, being constantly tormented as his mind was ravaged by the Emperor.

On top of that, his life was kind of wasted and ruined given the fact he would never be able to see his wife and son. Also, his most trusted allies were killed which kind of pissed him off. He felt sorrow that over three hundred years transformed into anger and hate. In combination with Emperor's influence it drove him mad.

But there is never to late for yet another redemption, or rather sudden clarity and realization of self flaws!
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

_Zorth_'s Avatar


_Zorth_
03.04.2012 , 04:58 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
He was called Mandalore the ULTIMATE for a reason friend. So yea, it mattered, alot. The Mandalorians revered him highly afterwards.


Name one bug accomplishment of his.. I dare you.
In-game characters saying things about him doesn't count.

Vader fought Boba Fett, One of the greatest Manadalores of all time, A guy that crawled out of the Saarlac's stomach.. trice.


The fact that Revan could inspire such Jedi into what were really his own personal disciples IS also significant. Anakin was never able to do that as a Jedi.


They went with him against their own will.


Revan also never got his *** handed to him by a Jedi like Vader, by Obi Wan, who was also still technically his master no less.


Obi-Wan was the greatest Soresu user of all time. Tbh he also lucked out, If you go watch the duel you'll see that Anakin is always the one pushing Obi to run away from him, he was leading that duel. Obi-Wan won because of Anakin's clouded judgement.

Anakin became even more powerful post-mustafar, He was crippled in a metal suit. Yet still he could defeat jedi MASTERS at once even tho he got ambushed by them.


I can go on, but I see now this debate will never end. I'm not saying he's the best ANYTHING ever, just that he deserves SOME cred.

You can't go on, Nothing more to say. Revan deserves credit for Ro2, If it weren't for that Palps never would've taken over the galaxy. But Revan never accomplished anything great as a Jedi, He only cleaned up his own mess.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
03.04.2012 , 04:59 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
He was called Mandalore the ULTIMATE for a reason friend. So yea, it mattered, alot. The Mandalorians revered him highly afterwards.

The fact that Revan could inspire such Jedi into what were really his own personal disciples IS also significant. Anakin was never able to do that as a Jedi.

Revan also never got his *** handed to him by a Jedi like Vader, by Obi Wan, who was also still technically his master no less.

I can go on, but I see now this debate will never end. I'm not saying he's the best ANYTHING ever, just that he deserves SOME cred.
Anakin didn't need to....

And what impressive feats did Mando the Ultimate have? Since all you say is that he is called Ultimate for a reason.


His a** handed to him? Obi-wan was the greatest user of Soresu and one of the greatest duelists of all time. Vader was fighting Jedi in their prime and he went into their temple and slaughtered them. And Obi-wan did not easily get rid of Vader. They were near equals if not equals.


Revan as a Sith got dominated in battle by what 4 or 5 Jedi on his ship?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
03.04.2012 , 05:04 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Anakin didn't need to....
Revan as a Sith got dominated in battle by what 4 or 5 Jedi on his ship?
Wait, what? I thought that he was actually having the upper hand in that confrontation. It was just that Malak decided to use the situation to his own benefit and thus betrayed Revan. If it were not for Malak, Revan would have probably wiped out jedi strike team led by Basila. Can't be sure though and I may be wrong about him having the upper hand so...
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
03.04.2012 , 05:07 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
Wait, what? I thought that he was actually having the upper hand in that confrontation. It was just that Malak decided to use the situation to his own benefit and thus betrayed Revan. If it were not for Malak, Revan would have probably wipe out jedi strike team led by Basila. Can't be sure though and I may be wrong about him having the upper hand so...
You ignored the rest of my post...

Since all of them were still alive and Bastila was a padawan I think its safe to say he didn't have the upper hand.


And the Bastila padawan thing, if you replay KOTOR the masters call her a padawan numerous times when your on Dantooine.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Darth_Solrac's Avatar


Darth_Solrac
03.04.2012 , 05:14 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post

You can't go on, Nothing more to say. Revan deserves credit for Ro2, If it weren't for that Palps never would've taken over the galaxy. But Revan never accomplished anything great as a Jedi, He only cleaned up his own mess.
You can't even quote properly. So I'm not going to take your very debatable, half points seriously.

I stand by everything I said. If that makes me a 'fanboy', so be it.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.