Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is Revan overrated?


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 11:00 AM | #561
I think Revan is overrated. He did extraordinary things in his time, but the people who think that he can tangle with heavy hitters like Mace Windu and Count Dooku have put him up on a pedestal. Revan could never, and I mean NEVER hold his own against the likes of Mace Windu or Kenobi.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MaceTowani's Avatar


MaceTowani
07.08.2012 , 05:24 AM | #562
As much as I LOVED this thread. And I mean I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it for shutting down all the Revan fanboys.....

there is no need to expand on this. 90% of the site finally understand how horribly overrated Revan is, and this is mostly because Drew destroyed his character AND wrote a cliche' story around him to begin with.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."-Confucius The Analects

Gorra-Syn's Avatar


Gorra-Syn
07.08.2012 , 10:09 AM | #563
Yeah I never really understood all this Revan fan boy garbage. How many times did you die before you finished the game? You can't add Revan to a list of other SW characters when you are the one playing Revan in a video game. If you can.. then why not just add every single character in SWTOR... you just cant. The guy that has no girlfriend, lives in his mom's basement, and eats pizza and sucks down mountain dew every day just wants to be someone special for once in his life..and Revan was the key,it's sad really. The Revan craze is nothing more than people with low self self-esteem,living vicariously through through a video game character. Sad indeed.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE "since 77" CLUB

darthkargtor's Avatar


darthkargtor
07.08.2012 , 10:46 AM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorra-Syn View Post
Yeah I never really understood all this Revan fan boy garbage. How many times did you die before you finished the game? You can't add Revan to a list of other SW characters when you are the one playing Revan in a video game. If you can.. then why not just add every single character in SWTOR... you just cant. The guy that has no girlfriend, lives in his mom's basement, and eats pizza and sucks down mountain dew every day just wants to be someone special for once in his life..and Revan was the key,it's sad really. The Revan craze is nothing more than people with low self self-esteem,living vicariously through through a video game character. Sad indeed.
Although ill admit some of the revan fans make him out to be a god ensuring his overrated the blame falls on those who enjoy bashing everything to do with him much like Justin beaber the most common reason for revan being known is due to revan bashers and haters.

To me revans simply a Jedi turned sith who won a war-to alot of people he is the devil as it would seem with more reasons then there are sins,the same can be said to the Exile fans, then their are the Lucas Lorebies who will crush anyone opinion and view beacuse it deviates from the majority.

as its commonly known its Hip to hate
There is no Dark their is no light There is no grey There is only you.the force does not corrupt you, you corrupt yourself
Your actions shape you, the force simply reveals your true nature,One does not die, the force embraces you

Simbr's Avatar


Simbr
07.08.2012 , 03:05 PM | #565
Revan was both Jedi Master and Sith Lord, he broke Bastilla in ways Malek could only dream of and had a great beard.

Could be worse...

tancumark's Avatar


tancumark
07.08.2012 , 03:08 PM | #566
You guys should make a movie or a short filme like 30 minutes i would gladly donate money for you guys to do something like this
:d:d:d:d

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
07.08.2012 , 03:10 PM | #567
Quote: Originally Posted by Simbr View Post
Revan was both Jedi Master and Sith Lord, he broke Bastilla in ways Malek could only dream of and had a great beard.

Could be worse...
But only two Jedi could be One With The Beard. Obi-Wan, and Kyle.

Revan is a bit like Kyle.... on a bad Beard day. But since Kyle doesn't have bad Beard days, Revan is just Revan. I think Kreia said it best.... "Revan was... power. It was like staring into a pale reflection of Kyle Katarn."
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Zaxuku's Avatar


Zaxuku
07.09.2012 , 02:52 AM | #568
I'm cool with people thinking what they want to think, but I just have to put here what my inner child suddenly screamed upon seeing the title of the thread: NO WHAT YOU REVAN IS SO AWESUM AND COOL AND KICKS *** >:/

... okay done
Aolanni, Reithan, Zharko | Phrixos, Lakesh, Sharizad
Begeren Colony RP Server

Sir_Chris's Avatar


Sir_Chris
07.13.2012 , 01:09 PM | #569
I just finished reading the books and like always once a MMO comes out people just get more and more powerful.

SPOILERS!

SWTOR2 made the Exile out to be more powerful than Revan was, he/she killed everyone! Defeated the last jedi masters, and all 3 sith lords. And yet, the exile was killed by Lord Scourge who is the "Hero of Tython's" companion. The Hero of Tython then kills Angral mid story. If you read any of the SWTOR comics and the Malgus books you knew that Angral was more powerful than Malgus and higher ranking too. He was not as powerful as Baras though (course your sith warrior ends up killing Baras) And in the end the Jedi Knight in SWTOR even kills the emperor himself thus ending the war. The Jedi Knight's story IMO is the closest thing you guys are going to get to KOTOR3. So all this information yes Revan and the Exile are overrated they where powerful but when SWTOR came out people of even greater strength did too. Probably to date the Hero of Tython is the most powerful being in the universe. Emperor Vitiate was the most powerful being in the old republic series, a protege of Marka Ragnos and was single handedly defeated by the Jedi Knight.


So basically in terms of power:
Revan > Malak
Exile > Atris, Nihlius, Sion, Traya
Scourge > Exile
Emperor> Scourge (and pretty much everyone else, Angral, Baras, Malgus)
Jedi Knight (Hero of Tython) > Emperor

Based on these rankings, we can assume that the Sith Warrior story wise probably would not be as powerful as the Jedi Knight because he only beat Baras. In my opinion I think Angral should have been the Knight's end boss. I mean ending the Emperor himself pretty much ends the SWTOR game right. Empire defeated because hey, the emperor is dead! Keeping the Emperor alive and well would have kept the SWTOR series going for a little longer. Built up to a massive 40 man raid or something.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
07.13.2012 , 01:41 PM | #570
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Chris View Post
I just finished reading the books and like always once a MMO comes out people just get more and more powerful.

SPOILERS!

SWTOR2 made the Exile out to be more powerful than Revan was, he/she killed everyone! Defeated the last jedi masters, and all 3 sith lords. And yet, the exile was killed by Lord Scourge who is the "Hero of Tython's" companion. The Hero of Tython then kills Angral mid story. If you read any of the SWTOR comics and the Malgus books you knew that Angral was more powerful than Malgus and higher ranking too. He was not as powerful as Baras though (course your sith warrior ends up killing Baras) And in the end the Jedi Knight in SWTOR even kills the emperor himself thus ending the war. The Jedi Knight's story IMO is the closest thing you guys are going to get to KOTOR3. So all this information yes Revan and the Exile are overrated they where powerful but when SWTOR came out people of even greater strength did too. Probably to date the Hero of Tython is the most powerful being in the universe. Emperor Vitiate was the most powerful being in the old republic series, a protege of Marka Ragnos and was single handedly defeated by the Jedi Knight.


So basically in terms of power:
Revan > Malak
Exile > Atris, Nihlius, Sion, Traya
Scourge > Exile
Emperor> Scourge (and pretty much everyone else, Angral, Baras, Malgus)
Jedi Knight (Hero of Tython) > Emperor

Based on these rankings, we can assume that the Sith Warrior story wise probably would not be as powerful as the Jedi Knight because he only beat Baras. In my opinion I think Angral should have been the Knight's end boss. I mean ending the Emperor himself pretty much ends the SWTOR game right. Empire defeated because hey, the emperor is dead! Keeping the Emperor alive and well would have kept the SWTOR series going for a little longer. Built up to a massive 40 man raid or something.
Actually she never killed the last Jedi Masters, Kreia did.

And yes the Exile's assault on Malachor V is impressive but their is a difference, Karpyshyn pretty clearly didn't care much for making her part in the story anything more than to be the sacrificial lamb.

Also Scourge only kills the Exile by stabbing her in the back, whether he could take her in a fight is an entirely different question.

And to be over-rated a character has to be lauded far above their canonical prowess and furthermore the prowess of characters has always increased the farther ahead of the timeline you go.