Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Revan overrated?

Airmo
03.06.2012 , 07:45 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Yes but they don't write it down word for word, and they do make mistakes, they make lots of them, I'd know, I'm one of the main members, have been since 2009.
Everyone makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean everything on the site is wrong. It's still canon that it was Revan's plan.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Rayla_Felana
03.06.2012 , 07:46 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by TeH-DeVa View Post
The army was made by dooku not the jedi.
Sifo-Dyas ordered the creation of a Clone army.

Wolfninjajedi
03.06.2012 , 07:47 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by TeH-DeVa View Post
He can't fight a war as it's against the jedi "code". Qui gon was differant because he didn't follow a single jedi teaching. He was a rogue basically and used his own teachings. It's why obi wan said if he used the code he would be on the council.

They didn't think they needed a clone army. They didn't order the clone army and padme and the jedi at the beginning of the movie were going to vote that NO army should be made. They only decided to use an army when they finnaly realized the "oh **** we actually might be able 2 be challenged and now because of how amazing we thought we were we are kinda screwed its lucky this army was already here" moment. The army was made by dooku not the jedi.
Actually no, Master Sifo-Dyas who was a jedi council member ordered the clone army before being murdered by Dooku.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BrandonSM
03.06.2012 , 07:48 PM | #504
Palpatine ruining 1,000 years of practice .
Wut? I'm not sure if your post was sarcastic..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

BrandonSM
03.06.2012 , 07:48 PM | #505
Sifo-Dyas ordered the creation of a Clone army.
Even then it wans't really, him. You can be pretty amazed, I forgot how but I know that DP and Sid had a hand in the idea of an army.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana
03.06.2012 , 07:50 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Everyone makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean everything on the site is wrong. It's still canon that it was Revan's plan.
I have sources stating that Surik created the trap to destroy the Mandalorians, the common belief is that Surik had no involvement whatsoever, hell even the timeline states it, but it doesn't mean it is right, Revan was duelling with Mandalore the entire time, busy learning about the Sith Lord that had betrayed Mandalore, Surik was the one that commanded the fleet and created the trap, what the hell Alek was doing I couldn't tell you, as he isn't even mentioned at all.

Rayla_Felana
03.06.2012 , 07:52 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Wut? I'm not sure if your post was sarcastic..
It was half and half, but by being so arrogant, he doomed the Sith to the likes of Krayyt and LOLumiya.

Rayla_Felana
03.06.2012 , 07:53 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Even then it wans't really, him. You can be pretty amazed, I forgot how but I know that DP and Sid had a hand in the idea of an army.
True enough, but that's the official line, if you will.

Airmo
03.06.2012 , 07:54 PM | #509
I have sources stating that Surik created the trap to destroy the Mandalorians, the common belief is that Surik had no involvement whatsoever, hell even the timeline states it, but it doesn't mean it is right, Revan was duelling with Mandalore the entire time, busy learning about the Sith Lord that had betrayed Mandalore, Surik was the one that commanded the fleet and created the trap, what the hell Alek was doing I couldn't tell you, as he isn't even mentioned at all.
And where is that stated? And if it is somewhere then couldn't it mean that it's not right as well? It just feels like you want it to be all Meetra's plan to me and I'm sorry if this offends you since that wasn't my intent but it's just my opinion.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Rayla_Felana
03.06.2012 , 07:56 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
And where is that stated? And if it is somewhere then couldn't it mean that it's not right as well? It just feels like you want it to be all Meetra's plan to me and I'm sorry if this offends you since that wasn't my intent but it's just my opinion.
In both KotOR II, Bao-Dur outright states that Meetra was the one who did the over-all battle, and in the KotOR Roleplaying game manual character sheets.

And no, I could care less really, Surik commanded the fleet and made the plan to use the MSG, Revan was busy boarding Mandalore's ship.

Also, KotOR II and the Roleplaying game are more reliable sources than a Timeline vid and Wooikeepedia, sorry to say.