Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is Revan overrated?


Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 10:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
does that matter? realy? for a child maybe.
So the main reason HK-47 was a good character, perhaps the only reason, can only be enjoyed by children? despite his intellectual dialogue? really?

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
03.03.2012 , 10:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Incoming Revanite destroyers, we can't repel fanboyism of that magnitude!
yes im a fanboy and proud of it. why arent you btw?
people takes this too dam serious.

Quote:
Might get flamed for this, but HK-47 is also overrated.
who the hell cares?! lol he is the most funny droid there is. the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1gTas7OAA


Quote:
So the main reason HK-47 was a good character, perhaps the only reason, can only be enjoyed by children? despite his intellectual dialogue? really?
what?! lol no only a imature person would care what character is the most powerfull, or wich one has the bigger ... you know what i mean.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
03.03.2012 , 10:26 PM | #23
I think that I am with Spartanik on this one (at least partly)...

You have to admit that this guy got a point. It is kind of... I don't know maybe sad, to claim that certain character IS MORE POWERFUL BECAUSE CANON STATES SO - THE END, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

The reality that applies to all countless Revan vs Vader, Sidious vs Vitiate (and the list goes on...) topics ever created is that it is impossible to definitely state the unquestionably most powerful characters. It all depends on the situation and the way you interpret it. "But from an artistic and dramatic standpoint, this kind of question has no “right” answer. Each character has strengths and weaknesses, and they grow and change as their stories progress. On any given day, at any given time, under any given circumstance anyone can win or lose. That’s what dramatic conflict is all about."
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Lightmaguz's Avatar


Lightmaguz
03.03.2012 , 10:26 PM | #24
KOTOR 1 is a masterpiece and Revan is it's protagonist, he saved the galaxy by destroying the Starforge and Malak. Even in his darkness he prepared the Republic for war while attacking he was actively toughening it for the coming of Darth Vitiate(why the hell can't anyone write the man's name right?), He was inspiring enough to lead an entire faction of Jedi to fight the Mandalorians which despite Master Vandar's views was a very much needed action. If it wasn't for Revan, Bastila Carth and the others the Sith would have conquered the galaxy 300 years before TOR.
Meetra Surik is certainly accomplished but this "she did all the hard work" does not connect with my memories of kotor 2, a rather unfinished game by the way. Kreia used her to take vengeance upon her apprentices and destroy the reminiscent Jedi Masters, then she killed Kreia and went to Imperial space to try and find the greater threat to the galaxy, the end, halfway through she helped save the Jedi from extinction
Both very accomplished but Revan's feats carried more weight, maybe if KOTOR II was finished in time some more of it would have made greater sense at the time. Either way one cannot simply say he is a wannabe. It's like saying Luke Skywalker or Obi-wan Kenobi didn't have any impact in the galaxy.


PS - HK-47 is the greatest joy in KOTOR I and II, he was worth the game alone it doesn't matter if he can blow up planets or not... In fact I was very sad to shoot him to screaps in False Emperor.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
03.03.2012 , 10:34 PM | #25
Frankly I always thought he was, yes. With that said, I thought Bioware's method of bringing him down to earth and killing his legend so thoroughly was uncalled for. I'd have prefered they simply leave him in the past and let players decide what they thought of his legacy.

Having him be defeated or killed by the Emperor 300 years ago would have been sufficient enough for me in regards to bringing him down to earth.

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
03.03.2012 , 10:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
I think that I am with Spartanik on this one (at least partly)...

You have to admit that this guy got a point. It is kind of... I don't know maybe sad, to claim that certain character IS MORE POWERFUL BECAUSE CANON STATES SO - THE END, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

The reality that applies to all countless Revan vs Vader, Sidious vs Vitiate (and the list goes on...) topics ever created is that it is impossible to definitely state the unquestionably most powerful characters. It all depends on the situation and the way you interpret it. "But from an artistic and dramatic standpoint, this kind of question has no “right” answer. Each character has strengths and weaknesses, and they grow and change as their stories progress. On any given day, at any given time, under any given circumstance anyone can win or lose. That’s what dramatic conflict is all about."
i might have been sarcastic while trying to make that point. i apoligize if i ofended someone, when you got the case presented to you in sarcastic way why not answer in the same kind. BUt is a bit weary hearing what is most powerfull and what is that in all these threads and disregard what made all this characters great the most wich certainly wasnt their power ... and people fail to see that a competition to see who has the bigger thing it doenst matter and its childish... so Revan isnt the most powerfull because canon says so your argument is invalid... why do i care, ill take revan or HK 47 every day of the week any time then anakin or C3PO or the big cliché bad guy Sidious. And people call me fanboy for that what a hell?!
I still find Vader awesome though. And it was his power that mad him awesome? very very partialy i must say, his looks his merceless ways the way he sounded for instance. It wanst his showings of power for certain, as the original triology didnt had the technology that the prequels had.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 11:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightmaguz View Post
KOTOR 1 is a masterpiece and Revan is it's protagonist, he saved the galaxy by destroying the Starforge and Malak. Even in his darkness he prepared the Republic for war while attacking he was actively toughening it for the coming of Darth Vitiate(why the hell can't anyone write the man's name right?), He was inspiring enough to lead an entire faction of Jedi to fight the Mandalorians which despite Master Vandar's views was a very much needed action. If it wasn't for Revan, Bastila Carth and the others the Sith would have conquered the galaxy 300 years before TOR.
Meetra Surik is certainly accomplished but this "she did all the hard work" does not connect with my memories of kotor 2, a rather unfinished game by the way. Kreia used her to take vengeance upon her apprentices and destroy the reminiscent Jedi Masters, then she killed Kreia and went to Imperial space to try and find the greater threat to the galaxy, the end, halfway through she helped save the Jedi from extinction
Both very accomplished but Revan's feats carried more weight, maybe if KOTOR II was finished in time some more of it would have made greater sense at the time. Either way one cannot simply say he is a wannabe. It's like saying Luke Skywalker or Obi-wan Kenobi didn't have any impact in the galaxy.


PS - HK-47 is the greatest joy in KOTOR I and II, he was worth the game alone it doesn't matter if he can blow up planets or not... In fact I was very sad to shoot him to screaps in False Emperor.
I completely disagree with every single point you made.

KotOR is the original trilogy shuffled up and with a few more lightsabers thrown into the mix.

Revan is Vader, a poorly written Vader.

And actually, Revan was Vitiate or the Jedi's puppet the entire time.

Meetra Surik was the sole reason the galaxy wasn't wiped out of all life.

But let me go more in-depth than that.

Meetra was the last real Jedi left, despite being officially exiled, when she returned to the galactic picture, the Jedi Order as was known in KotOR was dead, hunted to extinction, it was then that she continued her undaunted service to the Republic and the Order.

Everyone else had packed up their bags and given up, Revan was gone, the few Jedi that remained were either arrogant and stuck in their ways or they had fauked to understand what had happened due to in-action, complacency and apathy, in her travels she took and trained six padawans simultaneously(Yes canonically she trained Brianna, Atton, Bao-dur, Mical and Mira, and taught a redeemed Visas Marr the ways of the Jedi.), later named the Lost Jedi and she redeemed High Council member Atris, she set the pillars and the first bricks of the rebuilt Order, she is the sole reason a Jedi Order even existed past KotOR II.

Without Meetra restabilizing the Republic through her travels, it would have inevitably fallen, as GO-TO and Mical both revealed, the Republic was dying and Surik was the only way to stop that collapse, in three standard months, the Republic would have collapsed, and the galaxy would've been thrown into chaos and civil war.

But perhaps most importantly, when everyone else just hid and let the Sith steadily control the galactic picture, Surik regained her powers and quickly became strong enough to be noticed by the Sith, to the point where she was the last threat left in the galaxy, she assumed a higher rank, let's assume Jedi Master, and decided not to hide, she took the Sith head on, on Korriban and Onderon, she reunited the Jedi High Council in the Jedi Enclave and for a second time accepted Exile, but Kreia assumed the position of Darth Traya and killed them, it was at this moment that she achieved Force Enlightenment, full mastery of the Light Side of the Force, through the revelations of her life, through accepting her exile.

Then she went on to destroy the Sith Triumvirate, first at Telos IV, saving the galaxy from Nihilus, then at Malachor V, where her full power was on display, on Malachor V, in the Trayus Academy, in the midst of a great Dark Side Nexus, by herself she defeated about a hundred Sith Marauders, Assassins and Lords, then killed Darth Sion and then killed Darth Traya, where she stated Surik was the finest student she had ever trained.

Now when you think about it, all Revan did was clean up his own mess, and keep the Jedi from finding out what the true dark threat behind the Mandalorians was, he handed the Sith Emperor exactly what he wanted, a distraction, a way to weaken the republic, He failed to deliver the Star Forge to him, but he did deliver the death of the Jedi and the Republic to him, only Surik prevented all of that.

Darth_Eminok's Avatar


Darth_Eminok
03.03.2012 , 11:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I completely disagree with every single point you made.

KotOR is the original trilogy shuffled up and with a few more lightsabers thrown into the mix.

Revan is Vader, a poorly written Vader.

And actually, Revan was Vitiate or the Jedi's puppet the entire time.

Meetra Surik was the sole reason the galaxy wasn't wiped out of all life.

But let me go more in-depth than that.

Meetra was the last real Jedi left, despite being officially exiled, when she returned to the galactic picture, the Jedi Order as was known in KotOR was dead, hunted to extinction, it was then that she continued her undaunted service to the Republic and the Order.

Everyone else had packed up their bags and given up, Revan was gone, the few Jedi that remained were either arrogant and stuck in their ways or they had fauked to understand what had happened due to in-action, complacency and apathy, in her travels she took and trained six padawans simultaneously(Yes canonically she trained Brianna, Atton, Bao-dur, Mical and Mira, and taught a redeemed Visas Marr the ways of the Jedi.), later named the Lost Jedi and she redeemed High Council member Atris, she set the pillars and the first bricks of the rebuilt Order, she is the sole reason a Jedi Order even existed past KotOR II.

Without Meetra restabilizing the Republic through her travels, it would have inevitably fallen, as GO-TO and Mical both revealed, the Republic was dying and Surik was the only way to stop that collapse, in three standard months, the Republic would have collapsed, and the galaxy would've been thrown into chaos and civil war.

But perhaps most importantly, when everyone else just hid and let the Sith steadily control the galactic picture, Surik regained her powers and quickly became strong enough to be noticed by the Sith, to the point where she was the last threat left in the galaxy, she assumed a higher rank, let's assume Jedi Master, and decided not to hide, she took the Sith head on, on Korriban and Onderon, she reunited the Jedi High Council in the Jedi Enclave and for a second time accepted Exile, but Kreia assumed the position of Darth Traya and killed them, it was at this moment that she achieved Force Enlightenment, full mastery of the Light Side of the Force, through the revelations of her life, through accepting her exile.

Then she went on to destroy the Sith Triumvirate, first at Telos IV, saving the galaxy from Nihilus, then at Malachor V, where her full power was on display, on Malachor V, in the Trayus Academy, in the midst of a great Dark Side Nexus, by herself she defeated about a hundred Sith Marauders, Assassins and Lords, then killed Darth Sion and then killed Darth Traya, where she stated Surik was the finest student she had ever trained.

Now when you think about it, all Revan did was clean up his own mess, and keep the Jedi from finding out what the true dark threat behind the Mandalorians was, he handed the Sith Emperor exactly what he wanted, a distraction, a way to weaken the republic, He failed to deliver the Star Forge to him, but he did deliver the death of the Jedi and the Republic to him, only Surik prevented all of that.
I absolutely appalud that you know how the Kotor storyline works and who did what and who made a difference,
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.03.2012 , 11:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok View Post
I absolutely appalud that you know how the Kotor storyline works and who did what and who made a difference,
Well tbh, it all ain't that hard to figure out even if you just play the games its pretty straight forward and clean cut.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 11:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok View Post
I absolutely applaud that you know how the Kotor storyline works and who did what and who made a difference.
Why thank you, in all honesty it isn't that hard to understand when you have gone through the games and the Revan book, as well as read the Roleplaying game based on KotOR, etc...a big fan can figure this out quite quickly, hell wookieepedia even has it down to a T without mis-information.