Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Revan overrated?

spencer_
03.03.2012 , 09:54 PM | #11
I like Revan, he is probably one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars. I just find the character interesting. He has an interesting view of the force, he's not entirely sane, and he built HK-47 (who is my favorite character... meatbag).

The thing I never understood was why people were so upset that Revan was a mid 30s flashpoint boss. It actually makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Level cap in KotOR was 20, So when he and Malak first fought the Emperor (level 50) they both lost badly. Especially since the Emperor probably resisted all their attacks.

In KotOR II it was 30. Presumably that was his level when he fought the emperor a second time with meetra and scourge and T3. four level 30s, but still not good enough. Especially without a healer. Scourge and T3 are tanks, and meetra and Revan are arguably DPS. They may have won if they'd brought a healer and used more interrupts (and been properly geared).

If Revan had had the patience to level up to the cap, he could have taken the emperor himself (as long as he remembered to properly gear his companion as well). Although, he never would have made it to the emperor, since he is obviously a sage, and the mission to take down the emperor is a knight class quest. He wouldn't have been able to enter the instance.

Aximand
03.03.2012 , 09:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by spencer_ View Post
I like Revan, he is probably one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars. I just find the character interesting. He has an interesting view of the force, he's not entirely sane, and he built HK-47 (who is my favorite character... meatbag).

The thing I never understood was why people were so upset that Revan was a mid 30s flashpoint boss. It actually makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Level cap in KotOR was 20, So when he and Malak first fought the Emperor (level 50) they both lost badly. Especially since the Emperor probably resisted all their attacks.

In KotOR II it was 30. Presumably that was his level when he fought the emperor a second time with meetra and scourge and T3. four level 30s, but still not good enough. Especially without a healer. Scourge and T3 are tanks, and meetra and Revan are arguably DPS. They may have won if they'd brought a healer and used more interrupts (and been properly geared).

If Revan had had the patience to level up to the cap, he could have taken the emperor himself (as long as he remembered to properly gear his companion as well). Although, he never would have made it to the emperor, since he is obviously a sage, and the mission to take down the emperor is a knight class quest. He wouldn't have been able to enter the instance.
Did you seriously just try to apply game mechanics to a novelization?

I hope to God this was a joke post.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Wolfninjajedi
03.03.2012 , 10:00 PM | #13
Might get flamed for this, but HK-47 is also overrated.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 10:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
Haters. You gotta love 'em.
I hate this fanatical 'Revanchist' everyone talks about, the real Revan is far more interesting however.

Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 10:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Might get flamed for this, but HK-47 is also overrated.
Flame shields up! Prepare for a ground assault.

Wolfninjajedi
03.03.2012 , 10:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Flame shields up! Prepare for a ground assault.
Well just being honest here, I can't really think of anything spectacular he has done. Looking at his profile...seems pretty bland, he doesn't even have info on his main weapon other then it has modules. He couldn't even get himself off of mustafar, and got destroyed(again) by a bunch of spacers.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 10:10 PM | #17
Well just being honest here, I can't really think of anything spectacular he has done. Looking at his profile...seems pretty bland, he doesn't even have info on his main weapon other then it has modules. He couldn't even get himself off of mustafar, and got destroyed(again) by a bunch of spacers.
I enjoyed his comic relief, but he certainly isn't anything to brag about where prowess is concerned.

Spartanik
03.03.2012 , 10:12 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekkoclarky View Post
Why yes he is...

Oh but he was me in a video game and I one shotted everything with a lightsaber (oh wait, he didn't, any sense in that?).

It's time for this *** of a wanna be great one brought back down to earth, he was never great, he was never one of the best, he got his *** beat by a bunch of random lvl 35s, if not lower.

Vader would beat his ***, Obi wan would as well, even in ep 4 when he is grey and old, it's a known fact, that revan is a age old useless tool.
revan an old useless tool?! that reminds me of some certain character in a dark suit of armor...

I wouldnt cal revan useless though with out him probably the emperor would swalow much more planets. And the sith empire would have swalow the republic when it had the chance.

Also who are you to ditacte what people should like the most? revan isnt overated because he is cool character The end.

Quote:
I enjoyed his comic relief, but he certainly isn't anything to brag about where prowess is concerned.
does that matter? realy? for a child maybe.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 10:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
revan an old useless tool?! that reminds me of some certain character in a dark suit of armor...

I wouldnt cal revan useless though with out him probably the emperor would swalow much more planets. And the sith empire would have swalow the republic when it had the chance.

Also who are you to ditacte what people should like the most? revan isnt overated because he is cool character The end.
Incoming Revanite destroyers, we can't repel fanboyism of that magnitude!

Deviss
03.03.2012 , 10:17 PM | #20
Noone knew as much about killing jedi as HK-47, you nasty, little meatbag!

"Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets, and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi." - HK-47 to the Exile on how to kill Jedi
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!