Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Revan overrated?

Rayla_Felana
03.04.2012 , 08:34 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordarn View Post
Since when?
Calling people trolls is banned in this community, you'll be given a warning, you are meant to flag and move on, if you believe they are a troll.

EDIT: You called it a pointless excuse to complain, I am stating why it isn't such.

Cordarn
03.04.2012 , 08:54 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Calling people trolls is banned in this community, you'll be given a warning, you are meant to flag and move on, if you believe they are a troll.

EDIT: You called it a pointless excuse to complain, I am stating why it isn't such.
He/she did not have to bring it up in the forums... Undoubtedly would cause I big rage. Ok yeah yours/the op opinions are saying revan is not what he has been told to be, but forcing your opinions on other people is not what you should do here due to revan lovers. (No, offense guys I like him to.)
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

Rayla_Felana
03.04.2012 , 08:57 PM | #103
He/she did not have to bring it up in the forums... Undoubtedly would cause I big rage. Ok yeah yours/the op opinions are saying revan is not what he has been told to be, but forcing your opinions on other people is not what you should do here due to revan lovers. (No, offense guys I like him to.)
We are not stating people shouldn't like him, but people forcing their fanboyism and opinions on threads about canon fact is going to tick people off, especially considering it happens all the time.

Cordarn
03.04.2012 , 09:03 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
We are not stating people shouldn't like him, but people forcing their fanboyism and opinions on threads about canon fact is going to tick people off, especially considering it happens all the time.
I agree people shouldn't force their opinions on anyone, but your just doing the same thing only the opposite.

Darth_Solrac
03.04.2012 , 09:07 PM | #105
Just now learned that Revan was also able to resist & fight the Emperor's influence & torture for centuries.....that requires massive will & force power. He was brave & brilliant to war against the Republic when really, he was just toughening them up, readying his own campaign against Vitiate at the same time.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Cordarn
03.04.2012 , 09:10 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Just now learned that Revan was also able to resist & fight the Emperor's influence & torture for centuries.....that requires massive will & force power. He was brave & brilliant to war against the Republic when really, he was just toughening them up, readying his own campaign against Vitiate at the same time.
I think meetra was feeding him force/strength to help resist the emperor.

Rayla_Felana
03.04.2012 , 09:17 PM | #107
I think meetra was feeding him force/strength to help resist the emperor.
She wasn't just helping him, she was the only reason he could.

Also, in reply to your reply:

No, we aren't forcing opinions on anybody, we are stating what his real canon abilities are like, and discrediting all these opinions that he was one of the most powerful ever, because that is simply not true.

Rayla_Felana
03.04.2012 , 09:21 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
He was brave & brilliant to war against the Republic when really, he was just toughening them up, readying his own campaign against Vitiate at the same time.
No the canon states that he became a puppet to the Emperor when he and Malak faced him on Dromund Kaas, they were instantly mind-controlled and Darth Revan and Darth Malak, their new personas were made to attack the Republic, they did not do that of their own will.

rashencyberspeed
03.04.2012 , 09:24 PM | #109
Is he overrated?
Maybe, but whatev. He's still a cool guy. (Not many people can master both the light AND dark sides of the force.)
Personally, I think someone more overrated is HK-47. He's a droid who's mean and says "meatbag" every two seconds. Uh... yay?
(On another note is how people constantly keep asking how to get HK-51, the "reincarnation" of HK-47, as a companion. Without realizing he was only a placeholder for companions still in development that has since been removed.)

Wolfninjajedi
03.04.2012 , 09:30 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
Is he overrated?
Maybe, but whatev. He's still a cool guy. (Not many people can master both the light AND dark sides of the force.)
Personally, I think someone more overrated is HK-47. He's a droid who's mean and says "meatbag" every two seconds. Uh... yay?
(On another note is how people constantly keep asking how to get HK-51, the "reincarnation" of HK-47, as a companion. Without realizing he was only a placeholder for companions still in development that has since been removed.)
For now, they gonna make him a companion in patch 1.3
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.