Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is Revan overrated?


Tekkoclarky's Avatar


Tekkoclarky
03.03.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1
Why yes he is...

Oh but he was me in a video game and I one shotted everything with a lightsaber (oh wait, he didn't, any sense in that?).

It's time for this *** of a wanna be great one brought back down to earth, he was never great, he was never one of the best, he got his *** beat by a bunch of random lvl 35s, if not lower.

Vader would beat his ***, Obi wan would as well, even in ep 4 when he is grey and old, it's a known fact, that revan is a age old useless tool.

shooninjo's Avatar


shooninjo
03.03.2012 , 08:34 PM | #2
One does not simply kill Revan.

Revan is very powerful in the force and even if his lightsaber abilities is not the very best(even though he defeated Malak) he is very powerful as a sage. It is true however that he is weaker than some other jedi's and sith's; some being Anakin, Yoda and Vitae.
I like ya, and I want ya. Now we can do this the easy way, or we can do it the hard way...the choice is yours.

theeliteninja's Avatar


theeliteninja
03.03.2012 , 08:37 PM | #3
I Disapprove of this message.
Old-<Cali Killed Nox>-Assassin-Pot5
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!▀Ξ[▀(Θ)▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Darth_Solrac's Avatar


Darth_Solrac
03.03.2012 , 08:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekkoclarky View Post
Why yes he is...

Oh but he was me in a video game and I one shotted everything with a lightsaber (oh wait, he didn't, any sense in that?).

It's time for this *** of a wanna be great one brought back down to earth, he was never great, he was never one of the best, he got his *** beat by a bunch of random lvl 35s, if not lower.

Vader would beat his ***, Obi wan would as well, even in ep 4 when he is grey and old, it's a known fact, that revan is a age old useless tool.
The best? No. Worthy of at least an honorable mention? YES. He defeated Mandalore the Ultimate. Was a prominent, charismatic, & brilliant Jedi. Nearly conquered the whole galaxy as Dark Lord of the Sith. He also managed to live 300 some years.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
03.03.2012 , 08:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Was a prominent, charismatic, & brilliant Jedi. Nearly conquered the whole galaxy as Dark Lord of the Sith. He also managed to live 300 some years.

1. No, charismatic and Brilliant Jedi, I disagree. He completely went against the Jedi and fought the Mando's which caused him to become a Sith Lord.


And he did not manage to live for 300 years. Meetra and Vitate have been keeping him alive. Meetra managed to let him battle Vitate mentally and Vitate was keeping him alive because he was a feeding source.

He is the exact opposite of a true Jedi.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
03.03.2012 , 08:51 PM | #6
WHAT IS IT I SEE IN THIS THREAD - HERESY!

I CALL UPON THE REVAN INQUISITION TO PURGE THE UNCLEAN! FANBOYS, MY BROTHERS GATHER AND KILL THE MUTANT!

FOR THE EMPEROR... erhm I MEAN FOR REVAN!
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

JCommando's Avatar


JCommando
03.03.2012 , 09:12 PM | #7
I don't care what anyone says. Revan is a monster. No true Jedi would ever consider complete genocide of an entire group of people. If what HK-47 is true and 97 some percent of the imperial population is subject to extermination then how many of those people are civilians? He is completely obsessed with destroying the empire beyond all reason.

Revan seems to be the type of guy that the ends justify the means. If he was truly a master of the force he wouldn't have given in to the dark side halfway through the fight to beat us. He is incredibly overrated. He's cool but people just worship him for no reason.
Daltron Hellfire Ω Lord of the Sith
Death Star PR Department
Keller's Void
I like Darth Nox. He uses teh force and doesn't afraid of anything.

Aximand's Avatar


Aximand
03.03.2012 , 09:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
The best? No. Worthy of at least an honorable mention? YES. He defeated Mandalore the Ultimate. Was a prominent, charismatic, & brilliant Jedi. Nearly conquered the whole galaxy as Dark Lord of the Sith. He also managed to live 300 some years.
1. No Jedi would ever consider genocide to be a justifiable solution.

2. He was forced to live three hundred years, and the only reason he wasn't even more insane from the Emperor's torture was because of Meetra.

I enjoyed playing the original KotOR just as much as the next guy, but Revan was a medium sized fish in a very small pond in KotOR one and two. As soon as he encountered the even bigger fish in the Empire, he got spanked. Hard.

Like Qui-Gon said, "there's always a bigger fish", and it isn't Revan.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.03.2012 , 09:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
1. No Jedi would ever consider genocide to be a justifiable solution.

2. He was forced to live three hundred years, and the only reason he wasn't even more insane from the Emperor's torture was because of Meetra.

I enjoyed playing the original KotOR just as much as the next guy, but Revan was a medium sized fish in a very small pond in KotOR one and two. As soon as he encountered the even bigger fish in the Empire, he got spanked. Hard.

Like Qui-Gon said, "there's always a bigger fish", and it isn't Revan.
This.

Revan's only attraction is how 'uber' he was meant to be, but when you clean off all the layers of praise and actually look at his canonical feats and prowess, he's nothing more than a puppet to many people.

He is a poorly written gary-stu that is heavily over-exaggerated.

Meetra did all the real work anyway.

Deviss's Avatar


Deviss
03.03.2012 , 09:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
This.

Revan's only attraction is how 'uber' he was meant to be, but when you clean off all the layers of praise and actually look at his canonical feats and prowess, he's nothing more than a puppet to many people.

He is a poorly written gary-stu that is heavily over-exaggerated.

Meetra did all the real work anyway.
Haters. You gotta love 'em.
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!