Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith chain of loyalty?

XjediXrf
03.04.2012 , 08:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Well most of them exiled themselves making themself no longer Jedi at all. There was a little that remained Jedi but they were all killed overtime...
Kota did the exact opposite.
A wise man once said,"Get the heck out you trolls!"

BrandonSM
03.04.2012 , 08:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by XjediXrf View Post
Kota did the exact opposite.
Kota is the only one I know of.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Darth_Pernisc
03.04.2012 , 10:01 AM | #13
To address the OP's actual question: it depends.

Depends on the individual Sith, depends on the time frame. For example Malgus is a Sith who clearly puts The Force and The Empire (or at least what he believes The Empire should be) above himself. Malgus' chain would be:

1. The Force
2. The Empire
3. Himself

Malgus is also a fanatic with what boils down to a religious relationship with The Force. In his mind striving for power/following the Dark Side isn't just his right as a Sith it is literally doing what is right.

Then you have to look at the Baneite Sith and throw the Grand Plan into the mix of things to possibly be loyal to. But then again the Grand Plan could easily be considered synonymous with The Force as they believe that following the Grand Plan is doing what is right for The Force and the GFFA. So for someone like Plagueis of Sidious the chain might look like:

1. Themselves
2. The Grand Plan/The Force
3. The Empire (purely theoretical to anyone besides Sids, but still what they were striving toward)

However for previous members of that line you might see a chain that looks more like:

1. The Grand Plan
2. Themselves
3. The Empire

Ravshar
03.04.2012 , 11:13 AM | #14
Sith Loyalty? Not to each other, not to anyone.

Look at the people who server them first... The average citizen (non-slave) of the empire is loyal to two things. Their own self and the empire. The Sith follow a similar pattern, except its their own self and power instead of the empire.

Being its rulers the empire is just another form of power for the Sith, and a greater rank within it means more power. So what would pass as patriotism for a regular citizen is just masked greed for them.

But they are loyal to other forms of power. Most sane Sith will bend knee to another with more power (stronger Force abilities, bigger military, better spie network), until they can find away take that power for their own. Its why so many apprentices try to take out their masters. And this seems normal to them, because its the power they are loyal too, not the person wielding it.

Sith may seem loyal to Sith order, but only when, if, and as along as it gives them access to power. A pureblood for example, has no desire to break Sith traditions that favor themselves. If however doing so would grant them a sizeable increase in their own power, most would toss those traditions out the window. Though some might remain more conservative, it would be more because of the risks of losing power. This is why most Sith don't do anyhting too unsettling to the order as a whole, no one wants to rock the boat so much that it flips and all the Sith lose power.

So it all boils down to power and themselves. The only things a Sith is truly loyal too.

Darth_Pernisc
03.04.2012 , 11:24 AM | #15
Quote:
Most sane Sith
Such a thing has never existed.

Bratprince
03.04.2012 , 03:11 PM | #16
If SW history has shown us anything, it seems to always go a full circle, the Sith wipe out the Jedi, the Jedi return and wipe out the Sith, the Sith Return and so on, etc etc.

Neither the Sith or Jedi/Republic has had a lasting government.

But yes, the downfall of the Sith is they spend too much time caring about their personal interests and end up fighting with themselves, I think the Sith probably kill more of their forces than the Republic/Jedi.
The Force shall free me...
Server: Hydian Way
Survived 29-9-11

ecana
03.04.2012 , 06:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
That, my friend, is SIMPLY because Lucas, & the creators of those games ultimately kowtowed to the conventional wisdom/societal pressure that 'good' has to win out. BS.

If SW were reality, a militarist, strongest survive mentality run society & nation like the Sith Empire would likely, ultimately, eat the Republic for lunch.
this.
If a man does not strike first he will be first struck.

Darth_Solrac
03.04.2012 , 06:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ecana View Post
this.
My 1st "this"! I'm honored.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

finelinebob
03.04.2012 , 10:41 PM | #19
"Sith" and "loyalty" do not belong in the same sentence....
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

finelinebob
03.04.2012 , 10:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
That, my friend, is SIMPLY because Lucas, & the creators of those games ultimately kowtowed to the conventional wisdom/societal pressure that 'good' has to win out. BS.

If SW were reality, a militarist, strongest survive mentality run society & nation like the Sith Empire would likely, ultimately, eat the Republic for lunch.
Like:
  • Nazi Germany
  • the Soviet Union
  • Napoleonic France

Shall I go on?

Even the Roman Empire, militaristic as it was, survived because it brought the barbarians inside the Empire instead of simply ruling with an iron fist.

Okay, of course, the barbarians eventually brought it down. That's beside the point. It took centuries of moral/social/economic/military decay for that to happen.

Are you trying to tell me that the English throne has lasted a thousand years because they continuously beat people into submission? All the blokes out there, help me out! Is that what has happened?

"Kowtowing" to "good" may be one thing ... but I think that part of Lucas' message is that evil eventually consumes itself. Show me an example of a benevolent dictatorship that has stood the test of time and you'll prove me wrong, but until then I still think that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Benevolence has a very short lifespan in military powers, as do powers that are solely military.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet