Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darkensaga
03.07.2012 , 11:59 AM | #31
I've been having a problem with this and after talking with some others that are having the same problem of periodic disconnects, I think I've narrowed it to these few variables.

Any linksys brand or based router.
Usually an older model.

2 Solutions From Me.
1: Update router firmware to the most current version.
2: Buy a different brand router.

I know they're not that helpful, but as a programmer that can't see the code base and knowing how strange an issue this is it maybe the best solution.

I'm willing to help with this problem in any way I can as it is extremely annoying!

-Darkensaga
darkensaga AT gmail DOT com
Software Engineer

UPDATE:
I went and tried a different brand router (Belkin) and it fixed my problem, my best guess is that something with authentication between client and server gets flagged or blocked by linksys firmware or hardware, not sure what would cause this, but if it's a special authentication method it may explain it.

WaywardOne
03.07.2012 , 09:48 PM | #32
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
Ven Zallow (East Coast) - also tried Ajunta Pall (West Coast) and had the same problems

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm (ET) tonight 3/7/12 - I played this account and another (Savej is my forum name on that account)

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
Some days (like tonight), the disconnects occurred roughly every 10 min. Up until last week at ~2/29 I had never gotten 9000 codes. During the day over the weekend I didn't have any problems.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
I cannot but they have occurred every night for the last week, most often during prime time.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wired. I have tried bypassing my router and turning off my window's firewall but that didn't solve my problem.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
No one else is using my service. I have 2 separate PCs that I have used to play and they both have the same problems.

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Windows 7 Ult 64bit (on both PCs).

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
On one PC I use AVG, on the other I don't. Both computers have Windows Firewall active.
My router has a built-in firewall that I use. But I have disabled the windows firewall and bypassed the router and still had problems.

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
Yes I can be called between 7:30pm and 9pm on most weeknights.

ArturPL
03.08.2012 , 01:23 PM | #33
The Arcanian Legacy
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
18-20 utc+01.00
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
i have plaiyng a week with no problems, todaty i have problel i log and after 5 min disconect
100%
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
wired
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Sharing
Windows 7 64
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Kaspersky AV
9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
No

Gamstun
03.08.2012 , 01:42 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
From your information, it is something to do with your connection. Especially since you said changing a setting in your router pretty much nulls the errors.
rrrriiiiiigggghhhhhttttt....

ALL these people have something wrong with their connection, NOT a BW issue.....

also, UPnP is a universal plug and play setting that should have nothing to do with his connection, probably part of the BUG on BW's end not this person's connection....
Lando-"I gotta say Boba, she's a beauty of a ship. Not quite sure about the name though...."

anachronisticat
03.08.2012 , 02:25 PM | #35
1. Mandalore the indomitable
2. This is not time specific. I get disconnected as much at 9am EST as i do 9pm EST.
3. Been receiving the disconnect continuously for roughly 1 month now, not since launch. It almost seems random, sometimes they will be in very short intervals, other times they may be an hour between each.
4. This happens multiple times daily.
5. Wireless, Linksys E1000. However I have switched to wired at the request of kindajenin in testing the issue in a separate thread and produce the same results in netstat, pathping, and tracert results.
6. The internet is shared with another computer that does not play TOR. The other computer experiences no internet connectivity issues of any kind, even during a 9000 disconnect.
7. Windows 7 64 bit.
8. Normally, zonealarm and AVG. In testing I have turned both off, 1 on and 1 off, and vise versa with the same results.
9. Yes, please. I am on U.S. East coast. Been working with kindajenin on the forums at this for a few days now, but a phone troubleshooting would be great!

Xancath
03.08.2012 , 02:52 PM | #36
Dark Reaper
9:00 - 16:00 EST
Have never had a problem with connection until the patch, and most notably today where I disconnect either immediately upon logging in or within 5 minutes
100%
wired
Sharing
Windows 7 32
No AV. Have tried w/ fw on and off to no avail.
No

Xancath
03.08.2012 , 03:03 PM | #37
Can we just not have patches anymore? They seem to break something just about every week ._.

Ryhov
03.08.2012 , 07:20 PM | #38
Space Slug

Any time of day PST. 3/8/12 14:00 to 15:30 PST

Consistent since Feb. 28th all day

100%

Wired connection using Netgear N600 (WNDR3700v3 and WNDR3400)

Shared and disconnects occur whether connection is shared or straight through the modem (cable). Also the disconnects happen at the same time as well as independently. The wiring in my house has been replaced as has the modem and router with no changes. The bandwidth, speed, and line signal to noise ration are all well within acceptable parameters. NOT AN ISP ISSUE and NOT A ROUTER/MODEM ISSUE!

Windows 7 64bit on both systems with identical hardware and latest drivers.

Yes and the ports are all accessible and open for swtor client. Also the antivirus program is and windows firewalls are verified to be configured correctly. No changes were made prior to or after the 28th which might hinder the client

YES...PST

allikat
03.08.2012 , 07:42 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Please try to only respond to this thread by answering these questions, as formatted. This will help us look through the responses much faster. Thank you!
Every server, but my main is Shaltin Tunnels -EU

PM GMT (2pm-11PM - peak time in other words)

It started since 1.1.4, almost unplayable since 1.1.5

100% during affected times.

Wired, through Netgear DG834 to 17Mbit down, 2.5Mbit up speed ADSL line. Router has latest firmware.
I have tried 2 network cards (Broadcom gigabit and Intel Gigabit), and placing additional routers and switches between my machine and the internet.
Currently it's wired with both network cards, into an Intel Enterprise (Express 510T managed) switch, which has 2 connections to my router.

No sharing at all.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Stock Microsoft firewall and MS Security essentials.

Yes, 6pm onwards GMT time. (13:00 EST)

Addenda:
Specs:
Intel i7 2600k, with 16GB of Corsair DDR3 on an Asrock Extreme 4 Gen3 board, SLI GTX560Ti-448 cards, Silverstone Strider+ 850w PSU, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, full water cooling loop. Problem reproducible at both stock and overclocked speeds.

Other information:
Full TOR repair and reinstalls tried. no effect.
TOR set to compatibility modes to XPsp3, Vista sp2, Vista and native win7 had no effect.
TOR set to run as administrator with no effect
Tried with streaming tv/radio on the side with limited effect
Only SWTOR experiences these troubles, other games run fine with no lag or stutter.

Darth_Syfenn
03.08.2012 , 07:43 PM | #40
Grand Master Zym & Ebon Hawk
3/8/2012, most other days as well. 7:00-9:00 usually. Eastern Time.
The disconnects have been fairly consistent since a little after launch. I tend to have patches of time when I can barely play because of frequent disconnects. They usually occur during the evening, but I have had them at all times of the day.
Most of the time. 75%
Wireless. Cisco Linksys E3000
Yes, 4 other PCs, none of which have SWTOR players.
64bit.
McAffee network security, and my normal firewall.
Probably not.