Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GimliTron
03.28.2013 , 06:53 PM | #321

Gishpanez
04.13.2013 , 01:30 PM | #322
Information we need:

1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Day and Time: 13/04/2012 time between 15:30- 21:19 CEST

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
So far i've had about 15 disconnects this morning between the time frame listed above. And yes, they tend in group.The disconnects appeared with new patch 2.0.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
Not really anything I do reproduces the problem. The latency just starts to climbing up and then the client crashes.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
I'm on wireless, but I don't really know what model it is.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Yes I'm shearing it with my room-mates , but I'm the only one playing SWTOR.

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Windows 7 64-bit

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Avast anti virus and windows firewall

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
Yes, after 18:00 CEST

evilbnr
04.13.2013 , 01:40 PM | #323
whould switching servers help?

Viporius
04.13.2013 , 01:45 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by JenHarkness View Post
Hi guys! Thank you for helping us in trying to track down these issues. We are actively working on the disconnects, and I wanted to take a minute to update you all on what weve been up to, what our plans are for the next steps, and what additional information wed like to get from you.

First, let me tell you a bit about Error Code 9000 unfortunately, its a pretty generic error. It means that for some reason, the server hasnt heard from the client for over 30 seconds. Thats why a lot of you are seeing the latency meter go into the red just before the disconnect happens, because the connection isnt getting information through. However, that means that there can be any number of reasons that the error can show up. It could be something on our end like a flaky router, something on your end like a bad wireless or antivirus, or something in between like an ISP throttling traffic. For all the people posting here, there are probably dozens of different causes, but we do think that there is one issue that is hitting most people, which shows up as repeated disconnects every few minutes with a latency spike just before the disconnect.

Over the last few weeks, weve been tweaking some of our network parameters to try to isolate the specific networking errors and also adding a lot of debugging information to our logs. Our goal is to correlate who gets hit by the problems, when they get hit, and what things they have in common. Weve got another change were going to be trying soon (we have to make sure we dont break things while were fixing other things) but wed also like to get some additional information from you guys. Weve got a new and much more specific list to fill out, and the last item is particularly important. Wed like to pick a few tech-savvy folks to get contacted by our networking and server engineers and walk through some debugging steps to try to nail down where the issue is happening. If youre willing to work with us, please let us know on this thread and well contact you to follow up. (CS will have any info that well need).

Believe me, we want to get this resolved and were doing everything we can to try to make that happen!

Information we need:

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?

GO READ MY POST I MADE A FEW DAYS AGO CALLED '2000-20K+ MS since patch 1.73a". ive done EVERYTHING in my power to find the cause and have YET found it.

Gishpanez
04.14.2013 , 02:34 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Viporius View Post
GO READ MY POST I MADE A FEW DAYS AGO CALLED '2000-20K+ MS since patch 1.73a". ive done EVERYTHING in my power to find the cause and have YET found it.
AMEN Brother!!!! I pay 65 euros per 6 months for comfortable game-play! And what I receive in change? Oh, I'll tell you what, a f***ing error 9000, which kicks me out of the game every 15 minutes!!!!!
And I tried all BioWare had recommended, It just DOES NOT WORK!!!! So now I'm wasting my subscription time trying to login instead of playing!!

PS: Sorry about my English=)

Amongus
04.19.2013 , 09:30 PM | #326
Prophecy of the Five
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes.
(remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Friday 4/14/13 7pm-9pm MTN time (Denver)
Just started today
Happens every 15-30 minutes
Wired SMC
No
Win Pro7 64bit
Nothing new, just Windows Essentials
Yes
Blue 42, Hutta, Hutta, Hike!

txbrumley
04.20.2013 , 09:22 AM | #327
Shadowlands
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes.
(remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Saturday ongoing since 9:30 AM eastern time (Ohio) thru 11:15 so far
This happens to me some days, but no pattern other than once it starts it keeps happening for hours. I have done the /flushdns thing and have checked my router and its connection, everything looks fine from here. Other apps seem fine.
I can not force this to occur. But, once it starts it seems to happen every 15-30 minutes
Wireless D-Link, also occurred on my Apple Airport Extreme.
Access to router is protected, no one else is on it in my household usually. Good signal strength reported by monitoring tools. No sign of channel conflict, I have tried changing the channel of the router, no joy.
Win Home Premium 7 64bit
Windows Security Essentials
Yes, US Eastern.

RydscWilay
04.20.2013 , 10:18 AM | #328
1. The Shadowlands
2. April 19 and 20, MST, all day both days
3. Yes continually, all day
4. 100%
5. Wired
6. Share with family PC's no others play the game.
7. Windows 7 64 bit
8. Norton, have setup to go standy when game is active.
9. No, this always happens after big updates

Kamonbro
04.21.2013 , 09:31 PM | #329
Information we need:

All of them, but I'm trying to play on Jedi Covenant.

Day and Time: 4/21/2013 time between 9:00-10:15 CST

It has been constant on this computer since the first time I played on it, except now the window of play is around a minute or two.

It would only take a few minutes to reproduce.

I'm on wireless, but I am about to install a new router.

Yes I share it with my family, but I'm the only one that plays SWTOR.

Windows 7 64-bit

Yes

Yes, after 17:00 CST

ExtraSyllables
04.22.2013 , 11:27 PM | #330
1. The Shadowlands
2. I cant stay in game for even a minute. I'm not exagerating this either. I log it [sometimes not even that far] and i get kicked.
3. Never endingly continual
4. 100%
5. Wireless linksys
6. no
7. Windows 7 64bit
8. turned off all firewalls and anti-virus software, still get them
9. yes. Working times are 8am-1pm and 7pm-midnight central time. prefer email though. phone isnt too reliable