Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RydscWilay
03.09.2013 , 06:23 PM | #301
1. The Shadowlands
2. March 9, 2013 5:17 MST one every hour
3. Continually
4. 100%, all I have to do is try and play
5. Wired
6. Wireless WPA2 secure network, no one else on at the time of crash
7. Windows 7, 64 bit
8. Norton, deactivated while playing SWTOR
9. Yes, if you would actually fix this for good

OwenBrooks
03.09.2013 , 06:37 PM | #302
Best information to post up in addition to the above is a pathping as detailed in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=272590

RydscWilay
03.10.2013 , 08:56 AM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Best information to post up in addition to the above is a pathping as detailed in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=272590
I've done that before based off an e-mail from customer service and forwarded all the information to them. They said everything looks ok and they don't know why it's happening.

iamthehoyden
03.10.2013 , 09:46 AM | #304
Error 9000 today. Crashing to server selection screen.

1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
Pot5

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes.
It hasn't been every 15 min, more like about every hour this morning. 3/10 - roughly 9am ct to 11 am ct.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
I've had a few ctd's in the past couple weeks (since 1.7), but this error 9000 crash to loading screen has been this morning.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
It seems to be happening when I'm on Fleet, most often when I'm zoning back in from a fp or wz.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wireless. Netgear

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
No sharing. To be clear, I'm running other programs that I need to relog into if I have a internet connection loss and none of them are having issues.

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Win 7. 64
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Lanky-SWTOR
03.10.2013 , 11:20 AM | #305
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes.
Continual lag spikes every few minutes. Disconnects occur around high usage times, evening/weekends.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
I have had this problem since the 27th March 2013. It magically started for no reason. Nothing has changed in my hardware/software. It is only when I play this game and my service provider is absolutely fine.

100%

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wired. Netgear

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Its only me using this connection to play SWTOR. When the Lag spikes/DC's occur it lags my whole connection so TS and Browser also stop for the brief period of the spike or the DC. This only happens when playing SWTOR, hence this is not a provider issue. I have ran trace route to the servers IP and get slow replies which I believe gives me packet loss.

Win 7. 64

I CANNOT play this game with this problem. In my opinion it is a server capability/capacity issue, you guys are changing servers over and moving us onto slower ones or more crowded ones while you do this or you cant handle the number of players, which is why it is worse at peak times. These 'questions' are just stall tactics while you rectify this problem.

This is unfair, please let me enjoy this game again.

NighthawkTG
03.10.2013 , 06:17 PM | #306
he does sorta have a point its great that there is people and its easier for find flashpoints and everything but the load of so much that its impacting the game and it wouldn't hurt to have an extra for servers so that they dont have to hit very heavy and are steady at standard and heavy. I have done everything customer service as asked to do without any solution and all they do is stop responding and so many people have this problem and they cant do anything about it.

NoSisterFisters
03.14.2013 , 07:40 PM | #307
1. The Bastion
2.Thursday, 6-9 P.M. EST
3. These are consistent every day I try to play, get disconnected endlessly, and give up.
4. 100%
5. Wireless; Netgear CG3000D
6. Yes, but they do not play SWTOR.
7. Windows 7- 64bit
8. Yes, but the allow the client through.
9. Yes, eastern standard time.

DtBasilius
03.15.2013 , 02:05 AM | #308
The Progenitor

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
March 14, Thursday, 7-12 P.M. MSK
Ussually – one or two time a week, evenings. But everything is worse and more often. Yesterday, I simply couldn't play.
100%
No
No
Windows 7, 64
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Yes

Nyashechka
03.15.2013 , 07:03 AM | #309
1. The Red Eclipse
2. Cant say there is any particular time, mb about 7.30 - 12.00 EST, when i usually have time to play.
3. Had those since f2p introduction, i think, not quite sure. Still, usually i cant login or i connect for like 30 secs or so and then i get the error and it can repeat again and again. And the other day at the same time i can connect without any difficulties and no errors whatsoever.
4. Lately i get them every day, but i can't know if this time will be the one, so about 75%.
5. Wired.
6. I do share, but they don't play SWTOR. Although i used to play swtor on my PC and laptop in the home network, and sometimes i had this error on laptop but was able to log in from PC. But that's probably due to WI-Fi issues.
7. Windows 7 x64.
8.Turned everything off long ago.
9. Yes, from 6 to 12 pm, GMT +4 hours.

TheCorey
03.15.2013 , 02:29 PM | #310
1. Jedi Covenant

2. 3/15/13 between 2:30-3:30 pm CST (United States)

3. Fairly consistently, though lately I've only encountered it after 4+ hr sessions. Usually, I do a clean restart after quitting the program and I'm okay again.

4. Uncertain. Sorry.

5. Wireless (Netgear N600) running through a broadband modem (Arris). I don't know if the desktop is actually running through the wireless or not.

6. Not shared.

7. Windows 7. 64 bit

8. Antivirus and firewall through McAfee. Tried truning it off when I was getting the "loading screen of doom" glitch and it didn't help it.

9. Yes. CST (United States)