Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nesprox
01.30.2013 , 02:11 PM | #291
I've been having problems exactly like the ones posted in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...=548855&page=3

The game will lag to the point where is just disconnects me, showing a red 'X' just before booting me. It does not send me back to the character select screeen however, it just goes to a loading screen and sticks there until I close the game myself. Sometimes, it'll kick me back to a server selection screen and show the error 9000 message. Sometimes it'll just be sitting on the character selection screen then kick me to the server select and say error 9000 without even logging into the game. It's very annoying. I've even run speed tests and checked websites atter its started to disconnect me and everything is perfectly fine. I changed my acct to a sub status about 2 weeks ago, and I'm debating on whether or not I really want to put up with this or find something else to play. I never had these problems with WoW when I used to play that or any other MMO for that matter. I took a tracert and a pathping at the time it showed an x on seperate occasions, below ive posted the results.. any suggestions ?

Spoiler

The pathping never produced a result.. the only thing it kept showing me in the CMD console was "Unable to resolve target system name" and the IP I was using was the one in this post since I play on the East Coast.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hp?t=498597#67

MW_Phoenix
01.30.2013 , 07:23 PM | #292
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
- Jedi Covenant
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
- January 30, 2013 - Between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM EST
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
- The disconnects have suddenly begun occurring over the last couple of days. I did not have this issue for quite awhile. The time of day tends to be random - doesn't matter whether it's 4 AM, 12 PM, or 7 PM. It will simply get to the point where I give up on playing for the night and I'll try the next day.
4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
- The last few days I could pretty much guarantee a series of disconnects. I was able to play today for about five minutes straight. After that nothing but disconnects after a few seconds in game (assuming I'm even able to get in the game).
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
- Wireless - Linksys WRT120N
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
- The network is shared with my roommate who has been out of town for several days and his computer has been off.
7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
- Windows 7 - 64-bit Version
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
- Just the basic Windows firewall as I suspected my anti-virus program may have played a part in the issue. Disabling both has had no effect.
9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
- I would not mind being contacted to resolve the issue. When this happened awhile back though (a few months after Launch) the problem simply went away after a couple of weeks. I am in the Eastern US timezone.

khelari
01.30.2013 , 07:44 PM | #293
I had this problem months ago, and it vanished as mysteriously as it first showed up. It's happening again now. Any time of day, any server, any character, doesn't matter. I am booted from the server within minutes of logging in. Sometimes I'm booted before the game even loads. Fix this already.

Kirop
02.09.2013 , 06:50 AM | #294
Hi all,

Just posting here to help people out, because I fixed it!!

Well, I didn't fix it, I found this solution after searching the web thoroughly, and this solution is actual presented somewhere else by someone else - I just can't remember where...

I couldn't play for 10 minutes straight at all, now I never crash anymore.

One thing I did, is install the "leatrix latency fix" , I'm not sure if this is really needed, but the guide said it might. What it does, is tweak your network card a bit to send more frequent updates to the server (or something like that).

The second step, and this might be the only thing you really need to do - download something while you play!
Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it works. Just get a (legal!) torrent download going, and set the down/upload to max 100 kb (can be less, but I put it on 100 to be sure). It won't conflict with your gameplay this way, but it will keep the connection alive.

Lanky-SWTOR
03.05.2013 , 02:34 PM | #295
So I think I found where this post ends? After trawling through many different redirects after the topic reached over 1k posts, this must be it

Has anyone had any success with the tip off of downloading something while you play? I am in England and use Virgin Media as my ISP (30mb Cable Broadband)

I have been with them for around 9 months with 0 problems. 4 Days ago I started getting lag spikes which could resolve in 5 seconds or I could watch my ping climb into the thousands before i get DC'd with this 9000 error message.

I have had 0 problems with the game until now (played since 2 months after launch) and I do not know where the blame lies. I initially thought it was my ISP's problem as it was affecting the game and the voice communications I was using (TS3), people would tell me my voice was laggy and robotic or they just couldn't hear me at all which would suggest a general internet connection issue.

I phoned Virgin Media and they sent someone out. Told me some rubbish about the 'superhub' being sensitive to power levels and added an attenuator to the back of the router to lower the incoming signal. This did nothing, same problems as before.

They came back today and installed a brand new 'superhub' this seems to of now changed the problem slightly in that I will now only get a good old disconnect, most of the time without warning. Haven't had any 'spikes' since. Just DC to server select screen with the Error 9000 message. This DC occuring roughly every 15-20 minutes so far. So maybe there was a problem with my router or maybe not, coincidence the problem has changed i really do not know.

***EDIT Spikes have started again. Red X in corner, ping climbs then drops to normal same as before can be quick or can lead to a DC. EDIT****

I am at a loss of who to pursue, as the internet is full of unhappy disconnecting gamers, some blaming the game developer and complaining on their forums such as this, or some complaining about specific games on ISP's forums.

I see this post has not been updated for a few weeks, so has the number of people this has been affecting dropped? or did something get fixed that is yet to be fixed in my area/connection? People have suggested to me to change ISP but I don't believe this is the answer, as to a degree they all use the same infrastructure and there seems to be no consistent provider people are having problems with.

Also, is this problem only happening to cable internet customers? Is normal 'phoneline' broadband also affected?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wefi
03.05.2013 , 04:23 PM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Please try to only respond to this thread by answering these questions, as formatted. This will help us look through the responses much faster. Thank you!

All? PTS, Ebon Hawk, the Bastion
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
1pm Central to around 8 or 9pm central
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
It's been like this since last week
it's random, it happens allot in warzones, i can be writing a ticket and get disconnected.
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wired, I went through two routers, both are cisco
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Yes, and no they dont play tor.
7 64bit
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
antivirus
9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?

Central, i dont live far from the offices either.
this is really hindering my gameplay.
Ex-SWG clientside Modder. Creator of Super Jedi. Fixing what is broken since 2004.

FodderofCannon
03.06.2013 , 09:12 PM | #297
Yup happening to me all the time now. Never had an issue before.

It magically works fine, then it disconnects me randomly every 10-20 mins, but almost always when in a WZ. I have several characters on different servers, but it makes no difference.

No using any router, strait from my cable modem, and I have turned my firewall off. All makes no diff.

No other online game that I play has an issues.
Learn to Think
L2T

RydscWilay
03.09.2013 , 01:28 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by FodderofCannon View Post
Yup happening to me all the time now. Never had an issue before.

It magically works fine, then it disconnects me randomly every 10-20 mins, but almost always when in a WZ. I have several characters on different servers, but it makes no difference.

No using any router, strait from my cable modem, and I have turned my firewall off. All makes no diff.

No other online game that I play has an issues.
At the start of the game and a few months after I always had this problem, then it went away, and now with the most recent update it's started again. It's frustrating because you can't really play anything that requires you to be on like operations, so your limited to simple things that don't matter when you disconnect.

NighthawkTG
03.09.2013 , 02:23 PM | #299
The harbinger
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes.
All the time. just gets worse the more people are on
disconnect all the time. no problems up until the patch before last.
it's really random will happen anywhere, anytime, no matter what im doing. i could just be standing there and it happens.
wireless because i keep getting an error 651 when i tried wired and my isp is no help. i have a ubee ddw3610
Yes, they play, and they only experience them when we both play and it is at the same time. so i play on the other one because it doesnt disconnect. we just cant playing together anymore
7 64bit
antivirus and already tried messing with firewalls and got no where
yes and im in central usa

RydscWilay
03.09.2013 , 04:46 PM | #300
1. The Shadowlands
2. March 9, 2013 at 3:38 MST
3. Continouous
4. 85%
5. Wired
6. No
7. Windows 7 64 bit
8. Norton, de-activated while playing SWTOR.
9. Yes, MST

[/color][/QUOTE]