Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Daltin
03.06.2012 , 09:54 PM | #21
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects:
Crevasse City

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
9:00 - 12:00 EST

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
Only during the night time block of 9-12 so far.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
It happened one hour apart tonight. 9:47 and 10:47. Cannot reliably reproduce it on a whim.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
We are using a wired router connection. Linksys WRT54GS2 , up to date on firmware. All computers in household disconnect from SWTOR at the same time. Other players in our guild, who are in the same city as us (Lafayette, Indiana) disconnect as well.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Wife and I play together. Identical in the disconnection. My brother lives 10 minutes from me, but his disconnections do not occur at the same exact time, but occur during the same time block of 9p-12am EST.

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
I am running Windows Vista 32. Wife is running Windows XP 32

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Wife running COMODO. I am running a version of Norton. No firewall blocking the usage of SWTOR

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
Yes. EST

Tservo
03.06.2012 , 09:58 PM | #22
I'm not answering all these stupid questions so you can make it look like you're doing something. There's no way anyone will find a pattern in all the responses.

Your servers are DC'ing us - your problem. YOU investigate why players are DC'd because I'm sure you have the info.

Zadiell
03.06.2012 , 10:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tservo View Post
I'm not answering all these stupid questions so you can make it look like you're doing something. There's no way anyone will find a pattern in all the responses.

Your servers are DC'ing us - your problem. YOU investigate why players are DC'd because I'm sure you have the info.

It has to be on their end. they had to of added netcode that is breaking the game. its been 2 months for me, booted every 20 min. While beta, and first month of release was perfect for me, and I didnt change any router settings or anything. makes no sense =\

YuloRebolo
03.07.2012 , 05:15 AM | #24
Well Bioware sad to see that you like soo many other companies have decided not to care about your subscriber base. I decided when i first started getting error 9000 every 5 dman minutes to give you guys till yesterdays patch to fix it, and you did OMG....launcher patched and game ran great. Then i went to work playing in the evening launcher patched again and game is back to constant error 9000's

I will not be renewing my subscription, as it seems you either cannot or willnot repair this issue.

I would suggest that you think really seriously about long term game health of a game that is unplayable.

As i say you failed to fix this issue (wich your updates caused) in anything resembling a decent time frame.

goodbye SWTOR, I for one will never be back, as im not about to pay for a service and not recieve it.

Scrimshaw
03.07.2012 , 06:10 AM | #25
I have been having this problem for a while now to the point I would disconnect a couple times per hour. I know its not my connection because my sons play the same time I do, on my network and they stay connected. We all randomly dc with errorcode 9000...sometimes all of us at the same time...sometimes only one of us. I did turn off the UPnP on my router and the dc has been reduced drastically though...maybe 1-2x a day instead of 1-2 an hour...just fyi
(█████████████████)█||||||()█Ξ█████████████████)"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent."QGJ

renegadeimp
03.07.2012 , 06:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Scrimshaw View Post
I have been having this problem for a while now to the point I would disconnect a couple times per hour. I know its not my connection because my sons play the same time I do, on my network and they stay connected. We all randomly dc with errorcode 9000...sometimes all of us at the same time...sometimes only one of us. I did turn off the UPnP on my router and the dc has been reduced drastically though...maybe 1-2x a day instead of 1-2 an hour...just fyi
From your information, it is something to do with your connection. Especially since you said changing a setting in your router pretty much nulls the errors.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Darnalak
03.07.2012 , 07:48 AM | #27
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
Before 1.1.5 Harbinger. Post 1.1.5 Harbinger and Jedi Covenant.

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
8pm-10pm EST.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
They happen throughout the day, MUCH more frequent in the evenings.

I can't reliably produce the disconnects. They happen when they happen, and they happen to EVERYONE I play with in atlanta at the same time. (All comcast users).

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
I'm Wired.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
I share the network connection with others. At least one other SWTOR player, sometimes 2. Everyone disconnects at the same time.

I run win7 64 bit. Wife Runs win7 32 bit.

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
I run a hardware firewall.

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
I'm in the Eastern Time zone. More than willing to work with your crew.

Additional Notes: Pre 1.1.5 this was only occuring on Harbinger (west coast server) I BELIEVE ( can't quite confirm ) the disconnects on Harbinger began after a major patch in January (I'm guessing 1.1.2 but I can't confirm).

This lead several of us to try an East coast server. (Jedi Covenant), and until yesterday this worked flawlessly. After 1.1.5 we all got disconnected last night. (twice).

Please note, all of these players were NOT in the same household, but were ALL using Comcast Internet.

Testing: We created a VPN server at the home of someone using ATT, and tested it out. (Pre 1.1.5) People on Harbinger using the VPN stayed connected while those still running their Comcast connections straight to SWTOR would all be disconnected.

dtownpage
03.07.2012 , 07:56 AM | #28
Before patch 1.1.5 the harbinger. After yesterdays patch it was happening on both The Harbinger and Jedi Covenant.

The disconnect can happen at any time of the day. However i will say that after 8pm EST on the Harbinger it happens atleast 5 times until midnight when i log off to goto bed.

Yes they have been continually. After 8pm EST on The Harbinger is really the worst. They do stack up at times you log back in just to get disconnected again. No this has not been the case since launch. This started after 1.1.0 patch.

It happens every day i am on. I have actually gone to an east coast server Jedi Covenant because of the issue and i do not get disconnected at all. However last night after patch 1.1.5 i started to get d/c from there as well. Same symptoms.

Wired connection. I will also give you this information. I play at my wifes house which has comcast (we live in ATLANTA, GA) and the disconnect always happens. When i play from my house I have AT&T Uverse and i get no disconnects. I have created a VPN from my wifes house (comcast) to my house (ATT UVERSE) and the disconnects no longer happen on the harbinger. Again until patch 1.1.5. Now the VPN does not seem to matter. I will be at my house this weekend testing directly connected.

Yes my wife also plays SWTOR. Yes they disconnect at the same time as i do. also if i am on the harbinger and she is on jedi covenant she does not d/c when i do.

Windows 7 64 bit both machines.

Yes i am running sophos anti virus. Wife is running AVG

Absolutely will have no issues working with development to help resolve the issues. EST

vollkel
03.07.2012 , 07:59 AM | #29
EU - Luka Sena - he6045n01.swtor.com

all day long, even at 3 am (CET)! if my ping fails 3 times in a row (thats 3s), my network connection (and therefore the client) have to be restarted.

since fixing the "ability lag" it got much worse, up to the point of unplayable for me!

0 % - not at all

wired

my notebook serves as network monitor and there is a port forwarding for 8995 to my PC.

win7 64bit

yes, yes and yes - and im using wireshark to know whats going on.

yes, CET.

Rjgottcan
03.07.2012 , 11:09 AM | #30
Elysium

6 March 2012 10am-12pm Eastern Time
7 March 2012 10am-3pm Eastern Time

Every time I log in for the past two days I'm booted almost instantly. Didn't ever really happen before.

100%

Wired router. Cisco DPC3825
Share network with roommates they do not play any games at all

Windows 7 64 Bit

Running avast anti virus

Yes and I'm in the eastern time zone