Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jamucan
12.15.2012 , 05:49 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by catatal View Post
1 year has past since first post AND NO ERROR 9000 FIX
i have been experiencing this problem for 20 days..i can see that there is no fix for this..i called my internet provider and argued with that but now i can see thay every one have the same issue...they want to close the game i think

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 08:54 AM | #282
I posted the below in another thread it may help

See if you have these entries in your registry if you don't this won't help you as this just sets back to defaults by deleting the keys.

1) Step one, locate your Network Identifier under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\

You should be able to recognise it by the "DhcpIPAddress" which will be the same as your IP address, unless you have a static address but it should be in there somewhere.

2) Delete the keys named "TcpAckFrequency" and "TCPNoDelay". (most likely these both have a value of 1, the defaults are 2 & 0 respectively and deleting them will revert to the default)

The server select screen and close is by design this happens when the client loses connectivity to the server
with me this occurs when my ADSL drops.

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 09:04 AM | #283
This was also posted previously as a possible fix for 9000 errors, it really depends on why you are getting them.

If you're getting frequent error code 9000 disconnect errors, try these steps to fix.

1. Head to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 and make sure you are running the latest DirectX.

2. Right click the SWTOR exe file in your Electronic Arts/Bioware/SWToR directory, do this on the launcher.exe and the swtor.exe in the retail folder , select properties and choose compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Vista service pack

3. Also in the compatibility tab run both of these .exe as administrator.

4. If you have access to your firewall/router, open or forward these ports to your IP:

8995 TCP
12000-12999 TCP
20000-30000 TCP

5. Reset your modem/router and see if this helps.

denisabc
01.02.2013 , 01:44 PM | #284
Started to happen to me since patch 1.6 and its getting worse every day (more frequent each day). Every few minutes (from 10 to 30min , sometimes 1h without the problem) the client stop responding and the latency start to increase till i get the red X and get kicked to server selection.

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

FTWInn
01.04.2013 , 06:22 AM | #285
Just started happening to me after the patch as well.

kudesnik
01.04.2013 , 09:48 AM | #286
I've got the same issue (DC every 30sec) and in my case it's 100% server side. Why? Because it happens ONLY on one server (Jung Ma). Made an alt on another server and the only issue I see here is high latency (200-300ms).
(\_/)
(o.O)
(*\ /*)

Kirop
01.04.2013 , 01:29 PM | #287
Just bought the game again, 2 months of subscription AND another month for the pre-order... Sure wish I read the forums before.

Getting kicked in the middle of warzones & dungeons, makes the game unplayable.

*disappointed returned fan*

denisabc
01.07.2013 , 04:27 PM | #288
same here. formated my hd, installed everything fresh, called isp, changed the modem, and changed the cables inside my house...

logged again... the same problem...

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

VVhistIer
01.19.2013 , 02:22 PM | #289
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects: Ebon Hawk
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!: Yesterday, pretty much all night back and forth.
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?: All the time, ruining the game sad to say.
4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?: I bet it'll pop up as soon as I try to play.
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?: Doesn't matter, my buddy is playing fine with no issues and he is on my connection, this is server-side
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?: 64
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?: Yes but SW goes through.
9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?: Dear god please call me, I want this resolved so I can enjoy this game.

Kirop
01.28.2013 , 08:20 AM | #290
hmmm last 3 days I wasn't kicked a single time - laggy at times, especially yesterday, but I can kind a live with that, as long as I don't get kicked...

I had the hope it was fixed, but it started again today