Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shade_Arrakis
11.28.2012 , 08:49 PM | #271
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
No server. I get error shortly after logging in but before I can get to a server.
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Between 8:30 and 8:40 pm Central Standard Time
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
Just today
4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
I am not reproducing them. They occur 100%.
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wired
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Yes I share, no they do not play.
7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Windows 8
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Norton's Anti-Virus
9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
No. The customer service department for this game has soured me to dealing with anyone due to their incompetence
May the Way be Cleansed between us.

Karquile
11.28.2012 , 09:21 PM | #272
I am getting kicked every few minutes on any server I choose including the PTS. It was not happening this morning.
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300

Salacious_Dumb
11.28.2012 , 11:03 PM | #273

Bergeren Colony

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!

Between 5-11:30pm EST today, between 10pm-2am EST yesterday, between 12am-2:30am Mon.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?

Continually since Monday. I've had disconnects before then, but not so many as in the last couple of days

100%. I can't find any commonality between them, though.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wired

[/B] 6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?

No, I don't share the connection.

Windows Vista 32

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?

Not during gameplay

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?

Not particularly.

Vedra
11.28.2012 , 11:38 PM | #274
[QUOTE=JovethGonzalez;3231119]Please try to only respond to this thread by answering these questions, as formatted. This will help us look through the responses much faster. Thank you!

Jedi Covenant

8-12 PM EST average about every 30 mins

Started on Tues Nov 27 for me and like clockwork about every 30 minutes. No previous issues until recently on several PCs

about 75% - the exact interval varies but it is usually in the 30-40 minute ballpark.

Wireless SMC router

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
not shared. No other games or applications have connection issues.

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?[]]
Win 7 64
McAfee FW - turning on/off makes no difference.

No, i am willing to help but via email as i am deaf and a phone is a non starter.

Additional info.

I can tell when the disconnect is about to happen as the screen and app seem to freeze and FPS drops <1 (and ping skyrockets). Sometimes it does come "back" only to finally drop <1 min later. It ALWAYS takes 2 relog in attemps exactly to get back on.

IMPORTANT- it many cases when i relog in elements of the UI are either missing, showing incorrectly or empty. It requires a client restart to get them back.

Rat
"There is nothing sadder than a hairless bantha Rat."
"You mean nothing funnier.. right?"

LUCKY CANADIAN CE HOLDER

PineStone
12.03.2012 , 02:31 PM | #275
Red Eclipse, or Server Select

6pm-8pm and 8pm-10pm GMT

Yes, only since I re-subbed about a month ago, but things were fine in May, happens one after another

100%

Wireless BT Home Hub, wired isn't an option unfortunately but Guild Wars 2 runs with no interruption.

No to both

Windows 7, 32 bit

Norton Anti Virus

No, I'm not very tech savy

Opethleader
12.06.2012 , 05:24 AM | #276
[I]1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
The Harbinger

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes.
(remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!

12-6-12 2:45 AM-3:30 AM PST

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up? This is the first time it has occurred but has been consistent every 3-7 minutes since it started.

Not trying but it has been happening more and more frequently.

Wired into a Belkin router

I do share a connection, but they do not play SWTOR and there is no network issues outside of SWTOR

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

AVG antivirus, no firewall, and has been running this setup since i began playing. Before the server reset and patch today it was fine, after patch is when it began

It would be possible, but I am on late nights in PST timezone.

In fact there has been 10 disconnects since starting this thread reply, I have reset my router and modem with no change in behavior as well as flushed my DNS in hopes to create a different result.

XeniusX
12.07.2012 , 01:55 PM | #277
The Red Eclipse

07.12.2012 from 19:30 to 20:30 CET

I have never experienced this before! Earlier this day i logged on and got the error like 4 times in a row. Tried again between 19:30 - 20:30 and disconnected within 3 seconds on average all the (possibly) twenty times I tried. What was also weird was that when i logged on at 19:30 ish all the servers were gone. I repaired the game and this issue was resolved though.

Although this is an issue i first experienced today, i do not know if this problem persists. But at current time i can reproduce it all the times, 100 %. It never fails. I can't log in and i can't play the game at all!

I am on wireless, NETGEAR N300.

Yes. No. Have had this computer, this network, the same firewall and the same guys using the same internet line for 6 months without any problems.

Windows 7, 64 bit

I dont have antivirus at all, and the firewall do have swtor under the allowed programs. Also tried turning off the firewall without any success.

Yes, but currently sick so would be best via Email. GMT +1

Update: I did manage to get in, don't know what i did. Restarted my PC and restarted my router. Suddenly it worked. Do not know if the problem is resolved but for the time being it is.

LucasHuszwalker
12.09.2012 , 09:22 PM | #278
Jedi Covenant
Between 7 pm EST and 11 pm EST.
I have been receiving these continuously since I re-subscribed on the 22nd of November.
I am not reproducing them. They occur 100%.
Wireless. Belkin N150
Yes I share the disconnects but I am the only one playing SWTOR.
Windows 7 64-bit
None
At this time, no. I just want my issue resolved. I have played WoW continuously for the last year and never once had this issue.

Aroghast
12.10.2012 , 02:33 AM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
The Shadowlands (US East CoastPvE)

Quote:
Most recently Sunday December 9th starting at 6pm and going until Monday the 10th at 2am (a few minutes ago) Central. Spikes do not always last long enough to disconnect me, but happen with some consistency every 15-25 minutes or so.

Quote:
The spiking definitely tends to happen often when it does happen at all. Disconnects are (as noted above) not always the end result - sometimes the connection stabilizes again for a short time before spiking again.

Quote:
If I were able to find a way to reproduce the issue, I would already be well on my way to solving the issue. I have no control over the symptoms. Sometimes the latency goes nuts and I get disconnected, sometimes I can play without issues for hours, and sometimes I get the latency spikes, but not disconnected.

Quote:
Wired. Hooked up directly to the modem, no router used. Modem is a Scientific Atlanta DPC2100R2 series.

Quote:
No, I do not share my connection.

Quote:
Vista 64 bit home premium, kept up to date constantly.

Quote:
Only Windows Firewall / MSE, both kept up to date. Windows Firewall has been set to unblock swtor.

Quote:
I would be glad to speak to a developer about the issue and run through some debugging processes with them. I am in the Central US timezone.

catatal
12.13.2012 , 01:07 PM | #280
1 year has past since first post AND NO ERROR 9000 FIX