Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SilverandGold
03.03.2012 , 10:07 PM | #11
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
Keller's Void

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!

tonight took the cake literally. I got into an ops around 7 cst was doing fine at first then started dcing then it got bad d/c every encounter. Got off vent to see if it helped it did for a few mins then after ops it started up again and got worse over time eventually around 930 cst it started happened every min or so and that was unacceptable and the game became unplayable

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?

They can vary sometimes i get two in a row and the game runs fine the rest of the day other times like tonight it was excessive, and other days i have no probs whatsoever. however it is worth noting i had opened up firewall ports after i d/ced during the initial weeks and that solved the prob and then 1.4 hit and afterwards the dcs were back.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
Not reliable happens at random at times no pattern that i can see.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wireless, was using a belkin router its connected to a comcast modem.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Yes and no they don't play swtor

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Windows 7 64 bit. Again its worth noting one of the fixes was to using windows xp service pack 3 to solve the error code obviously it didn't work

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Windows firewall and Microsoft security essentials antivirus

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in? No thanks

RobbyRob
03.04.2012 , 03:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RobbyRob View Post
so, can we get an update now to mark this monumental occasion of a new thread? that would be rad!
guess not...

kyogenn
03.04.2012 , 09:07 AM | #13
Do you guys have any plan to fix this? Or youre just gonna keep us asking about our router,server,char name, isp etc. etc. i've been playing since jan 1 with no problem, but starting last week i keep getting this error every single minute. TAKE NOTE! "even logging in here in your website (swtor.com) is pain in the *****" YES! going to swtor.com is slow but not in on facebook and youtube. So dont say that the problem is ours. Its your server,your connection.

Right now nobodys at home its just me and my computer, so that means no one is using my wifi. But i still get the this ridiculous error 9000. So please just fix it. I see that you already made a bunch of threads just because of this error. Just fix it bioware.

MomsAGamer
03.04.2012 , 04:36 PM | #14
Lord Adraas

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Has been occurring since yesterday around 2 pm. All day today but more so in the afternoon.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Yes every 10 - 20 mins. Are they during particular times of the day? No all times. Has it been consistent since launch? Nope just started yesterday. Do they tend to group up? No.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%? cannot

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? wired
If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?

6. Do you share the network connection with others? Yes If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Yes Are their disconnects at the same time as yours? No

7. What version of Windows are you running? XP Are you running 32 or 64 bit? 32

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program? Neither

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? Yes If so, what timezone are you in? Pacific

varvefth
03.04.2012 , 06:10 PM | #15
Mind Trick

Every few minutes and very frequently for about a day.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
continually

100% (although it seems to last 1 day, maybe 2 then stop for a week)

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
wireless router (Belkin Model # F7D6301)

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Yes and no I only SWTOR from my laptop

Windows 7 (64 bit)

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
yes but set to not interfere with SWTOR

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
yes, Central Standard time zone

channellox
03.04.2012 , 09:02 PM | #16

Jedi Covenant

Daily at 19:30-21:30 US Central Standard Time (GMT - 6:00)

They are not consistent. They happen in groups. I may have a full 30-45 minutes without a disconnect. This started about a week ago.

100%

I'm using a wired connection (via rear port) into a Cisco E4200.

I share a wireless connection with other devices in my home. None of them play SWTOR.

Windows 7 64bit.

ESET Nod32 antivirus version 5.0.94.0
Windows firewall
Linksys E4200 IPv4/IPv6 SPI enabled

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?

Not feasible due to work schedule.

Denskoo
03.04.2012 , 09:36 PM | #17
Submitting this again since it's a new thread and I just checked an am still having the same issue.

Corellian Run, but it disconnects on any server I've tried.

02/04/12 from 10:00pm - 10:30pm EST. I disconnected about 5 or 6 times during that 30 minute period.

Continually and ever since launch (and even the last couple of beta access weekends). It's pretty consistent though sometimes I've been able to play for as long as 15 minutes without the error. Usually it's within a minute of getting in game if I can even get all the way in without getting the error.

100%

Either. I've tried both wired, wireless, and also bypassed the router entirely and plugged directly into the cable modem.

Other computers, yes. I can play SWTOR fine on both a wired desktop and wireless laptop that are on the same network as the problem PC.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

No

Sure, EST I primarily play in the evenings.

AdamKnight
03.05.2012 , 01:03 AM | #18
1. Shadow Hand, but after it Disconnects I cannot log onto any server

2. No Problems until Saturday March 3rd, starting around 8pm, now I can play for 5-15 minutes then be disconnected and I am unable to log into any server for hours at a time.

3. Like a said March 3rd is when it started, otherwise minus the rare disconnect, SWTOR war running tip top max settings on a decently populated server.

4. I can't make it disconnect me, it just happens, mid combat, mid travel, mid quest conversation, mid load screen...

5. wired

6. Yes Shared network connection, no other SWTOR players

7. Windows 7 64 bit

8. Avira AV and windows security firewall, but neither has been changed or updated since the disconnects began.

9. They can call me between 8-10pm CST usually

Zhaker
03.05.2012 , 02:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JenHarkness View Post
Hi guys! Thank you for helping us in trying to track down these issues. We are actively working on the disconnects, and I wanted to take a minute to update you all on what weve been up to, what our plans are for the next steps, and what additional information wed like to get from you.

First, let me tell you a bit about Error Code 9000 unfortunately, its a pretty generic error. It means that for some reason, the server hasnt heard from the client for over 30 seconds. Thats why a lot of you are seeing the latency meter go into the red just before the disconnect happens, because the connection isnt getting information through. However, that means that there can be any number of reasons that the error can show up. It could be something on our end like a flaky router, something on your end like a bad wireless or antivirus, or something in between like an ISP throttling traffic. For all the people posting here, there are probably dozens of different causes, but we do think that there is one issue that is hitting most people, which shows up as repeated disconnects every few minutes with a latency spike just before the disconnect.

Over the last few weeks, weve been tweaking some of our network parameters to try to isolate the specific networking errors and also adding a lot of debugging information to our logs. Our goal is to correlate who gets hit by the problems, when they get hit, and what things they have in common. Weve got another change were going to be trying soon (we have to make sure we dont break things while were fixing other things) but wed also like to get some additional information from you guys. Weve got a new and much more specific list to fill out, and the last item is particularly important. Wed like to pick a few tech-savvy folks to get contacted by our networking and server engineers and walk through some debugging steps to try to nail down where the issue is happening. If youre willing to work with us, please let us know on this thread and well contact you to follow up. (CS will have any info that well need).

Believe me, we want to get this resolved and were doing everything we can to try to make that happen!

Information we need:

1. Krath
2. Random any time I do a WZ (this could be 8am AEST to 9pm AEST), basically it happens when I do Operations or WZ, doesnt happen anywhere else AFAIK.
3. Sometimes during a WZ only.
4. 100% in WZ for ever 5 games.
5. Wired
6. No.
7. Windows 7 64-bit
8. Yes AVAST
9. Sure AEST.

CobaltViper
03.05.2012 , 04:05 PM | #20
Over the past month I have had several problems with latency spiking on a regular basis. I have contacted customer support for assistance and I only get the run around. I have done a tracert as requested emailing it to customer support. I received an email saying it was my internet connection so I contacted my internet provider. At that time I ordered a new router and boosted my internet speed from 18 Mbps to 24 Mbps. I then did another tracert and did a speed test at the same time. The tracert timed out while my download speed remained at 24 Mbps. I opened the ports on my routers firewall for the game as well. All to no avail. The latency I have come to realize is a game server issue since almost everyone I have mentioned it to has told me they have the same problem, some not even reporting it. It is not my internet it is the game server.

Most importantly, when I contacted a live agent today 03/05/12 I asked for any form of compensation to make up for having to create over 70 tickets, 10 live chat events and nothing resolved other than me spending money for a new router and boost my internet speed and the problem still continues. The customer service agent B6-a4 told me they were unwilling to do anything to help me, compensation wise. Agent B6-a4 then said he was not in the department who handles such matters and refused to transfer me or have someone from that department get ahold of me, he said it was company policy to not forward or transfer me to soeone who had the power or was willing to do any form of compensation. I then said if it is company policy to ignore paying customers and address known issues and or make up for issues if they cannot fix it then I would be forced to cancel my account. He did not respond for about 10 minutes. His reply was basicly saying if thats what I choose they cannot stop me from doing so. In a nut-shell I am leaving the game due to very poor customer service.

I love the game but it seems the customer support doesn't care about the game enough to fix known issues.

I was on the server Soresu and I know several people who have had the same exact issues and the customer service tells them the same thing.

I don't really want to leave the game and would love to come back and/or not leave if this was addressed properly, or so I dont feel kicked to the curb. When I worked in customer service it was always help the customer and come to a resolution nomatter what. That is not the case with this game. They always respond in a nice way saying they will not do anything. Which doesn't seem right to me.

I hope the same thing that happened to me doesnt happen to anyone else.