Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

apokalypsys
06.18.2012 , 03:06 AM | #181
It's a shame not to give this error fixed and can not play something that you are paying for it as every five minutes the server will strip, I'm sorry but I have exhausted my patience so the only solution I see is not renew my subscription.

XTREDEN
06.19.2012 , 08:14 PM | #182
Information we need:

1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
The Fatman

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Today (6/19/2012) 9-10 PM EST

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
Pretty much since day 1, went away for awhile, but now its back. Happens after most patches. Almost always right in the middle of a warzone.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
Uh, i don't cause them so not sure, but for last hour I have not been able to complete a match.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Netgear, wireless, dont remember the model.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
I share the network with my family, I am the only one that plays swtor

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Windows Firewall, all swotor ports forwarded

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
EST, I would be willing to help, but only in evenings after 6 PM EST.

Grimmas
06.20.2012 , 07:01 PM | #183

Nightmare Lands and Peragus Mining Facility

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!

Between 1 and 4 AM CEST (Central Europe). Today and yesterday (hasn't happened to me before that). Before around midnight I get no disconnects. Right now I got two or three disconnects in a row between now and about an hour ago (2 to 3 AM CEST, June 21st)

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?

These last two days for the first time consistently every ten-twenty minutes at any time past midnight (CEST). i haven't been subbed since February but in December to January and the few days after I re-subbed I did not have any such problems.

So far it's been a hit rate of 100% if I play past midnight.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?

Wired.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?

No and no.

Windows 7 64 bit.

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?

No, only Windows Firewall.

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?

Given that it happens late at night in my timezone I'm afraid that's not a good idea

Eldrizzad
06.22.2012 , 01:45 PM | #184
Prophecy of the Five
Any weekday from 1pm - 3pm EST
Not at all ever until server merge patch.
It is intermittent and comes in intervals as close together as 2 minutes and as far apart as 20.
I rarely go longer than 20 minutes without a disconnect.
100%
Wired
Not shared, home network through Comcast.
Win 7, 64 bit
No.
EST, Yes.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another...

Grovfoder
06.22.2012 , 03:37 PM | #185
Tomb of freedon nadd
It happens anytime during the day, i mostly play 16.00-02.00 CET though
I never had this problem before untill i server transfered
I cant really reliably reproduce them at they are at a random.
Wired
I have other people using the network but they dont play swtor.
64 bit
Norton antivirus but it is configured to let swtor through
No not really i have been in contact with CS and they have not been any real help, CET is my timezone though

remfire
06.23.2012 , 03:32 PM | #186
Jedi Covenant

No specific time, just happens randomly. U.S. East

Yes they are continuous, they are randomly timed, only consistant since character transfers started, it seems as though they are more frequent once you disconnect for the first time in a given day.

Not able to "make" the problem happen. It's Random.

Tried both wired and wireless. when wireless using Netgear N600 dual band 5G.

Occasionally, but rare. Only one playing SWTOR.

Windows 7 Prof 64 bit.

Yes, Norton A/V and it is configured for SWTOR.

Yes, U.S. CST
"To know that which you do not know is true wisdom"

NinjaShoes
06.23.2012 , 08:08 PM | #187
The Bastion

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes.
constant disconnects every 2 to 4 minutes at all times from 7am to 12pm MST

Disconnects started since server transfer patch, it was only during 8pm to 11pm then, now its all day every day

100%

Wired linksys ea2700, error will happen with or without the router

game is installed on my wife's computer, gets the same disconnects i do

windows xp 32-bit with service pack 3

just standard windows firewall(swtor is on its exemption list)

yes, Mountain Time zone USA
Han Shot First

Derriden
06.24.2012 , 12:52 AM | #188
- Dalborra (Asia Pacific)
- Seems random. Latest concentrated group of disconnects 15:30-16:30 Central Australia time (I'm in Adelaide).
- They tend to group up. I'll have a couple of hours of uninterrupted play then several disconnects in the space of 15-30 minutes.
- It's continual but the time between disconnects changes.
- Only been a problem recently.
- I can't do anything to force a disconnect. But if I play long enough it will definitely happen.
- Wired. Billion Router.
- Only I use this connection.
- Windows 7 x64
- Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 (Same one I've been running since launch, the 9000 problem is only recent).
- Yes (Australia)

CryptThing
06.24.2012 , 04:28 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Please try to only respond to this thread by answering these questions, as formatted. This will help us look through the responses much faster. Thank you!

]The Progenitor

]Last Wednesday between 1-4 pm (UK time) was pretty bad - though every day since the transfers happened has seen disconnects and error 9000

]Only since the transfers to Progenitor - they seem worse/more regular in the evening and during warzones. I can experience several in the space of about 20 minutes, and then nothing for maybe half an hour.

]75% maybe. I played a bit yesterday afternoon and only had one disconnect in a couple of hours - but a couple of days prior, I had to stop playing because they were so frequent

Wired (ethernet)

Nope, not shared

Win7 64 bit

]Norton Antivirus only

Yes. UK time.

There you go

badazzgarfield
06.29.2012 , 08:57 AM | #190
Jedi Covenant
Friday June 29 2012 10:50 am EDT war zone "civil war" this is the 1st one today
they are random times
not sure
Wired
no
Windows 7 64 bit
no
yes EDT