(POLL) What's your FPS?

Cyberwillow

Quick poll to see what FPS range people run in while playing this game!

Please give also provide a summary of your computer specs. (EXAMPLE BELOW)

I want to see if I'm running in the "normal" range. Something feels wrong... I can be over 100+ FPS in any other game but when I log on SWTOR, no matter what settings I choose for graphics, I'm always spiking between 20-60 fps in Fleet and between 10-30 in warzones. It's very choppy trying to play when its spiking like this.

Computer reformatted recently and everything is up to date!

(System Specs)

Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme X58

Processor: i7-990X @ 3.46GHz

Processor Cooling: Liquid Cooled

Memory: 12GB Patriot Viper II DDR3- 1600 Enhanced Latency (3x4GB)

GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked 3.0GBGDDR5 in SLi

Power Supply: 1.2KW Silverstone Zeus Modular

HDB1: 256GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA 6G

HDB2: 2.0TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA 7200rpm 64MB Cache

CPU / RAM usage while playing SWTOR

CPU Usage: 14%

Ram Usage: 3.95 GB

HEAT while playing SWTOR

CPU: 35-40 Celsius (90-110F)

GPU: 58-72 Celsius (130-170F)

FPS @ FLEET in SWTOR

20-45 FPS (Fleet)

FPS @ WARZONE in SWTOR

10-30 FPS (Warzone)

How about you guys?

Warzones for me are nothing short of an epic disaster in relation to fps, fleet's not too bad, its better than what it used to be, but not by much. I was playing beta with the same system I have now with no fps/latency issues, now, not the case.

fleet : 15-20 fps

Warzone: -10 to 5 at times.

Quick poll to see what FPS range people run in while playing this game!

Please give also provide a summary of your computer specs. (EXAMPLE BELOW)

I want to see if I'm running in the "normal" range. Something feels wrong... I can be over 100+ FPS in any other game but when I log on SWTOR, no matter what settings I choose for graphics, I'm always spiking between 20-60 fps in Fleet and between 10-30 in warzones. It's very choppy trying to play when its spiking like this.

Computer reformatted recently and everything is up to date!

(System Specs)

Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme X58

Processor: i7-990X @ 3.46GHz

Processor Cooling: Liquid Cooled

Memory: 12GB Patriot Viper II DDR3- 1600 Enhanced Latency (3x4GB)

GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked 3.0GBGDDR5 in SLi

Power Supply: 1.2KW Silverstone Zeus Modular

HDB1: 256GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA 6G

HDB2: 2.0TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA 7200rpm 64MB Cache

CPU / RAM usage while playing SWTOR

CPU Usage: 14%

Ram Usage: 3.95 GB

HEAT while playing SWTOR

CPU: 35-40 Celsius (90-110F)

GPU: 58-72 Celsius (130-170F)

FPS @ FLEET in SWTOR

20-45 FPS (Fleet)

FPS @ WARZONE in SWTOR

10-30 FPS (Warzone)

How about you guys?

I will give you an example of an older rig to show you that it is the game engine and not your computer.

e8400 (duo core) at 3.8 ghz

4GB of craptastic DDR 800 ram. OC to get to 3.8 ghz (FSB)

Crappy older WD Sata 2 drive.

GTX 260 216 core OC to MaxCore BFG speeds

and...I get higher FPS then you do. Not much. Warzones will still stutter but I am much closer to 50 fps in the top end. Ilum is a slideshow when maxed on players (Fatman server has multiple instances during primetime).

Fleet performance has to due with how many people are on it. When it is high stuttering is high.

Conclusions and observations? Multi Core performance sucks. Graphics settings mean nothing. You will get stutters on low and high and the exact same FPS.

The higher your OC the better and this can mean a crappy old Duo Core is faster then a non Sandy Bridge, because they OC stupidly high/easy.

SSD obviously means jack because I am getting higher highs and higher lows then your SSD with a budget WD Sata 2 drive.

Basically? An OC Sandy Bridge is required to see anything CLOSE to "smooth play" in warzones and they will still stutter.

Edited by biowareftw

i7 2600k @ 4.2 ghz

16 GB 1333mhz ram

GTX 295 (on its deathbed)

120 gb Patriot Wildfire ssd

Fleet: 70-110 fps

Warzones: 30-45 fps

Flashpoints: 60-75 fps

All settings on the lowest possible with no custom nvidia settings.

Only problems I have with the game are display driver crashes which is due to my dying gfx card but when I get it stable I can run for hours.

With your specs (@ the op) the game should be running even better than it does for me. Are your settings maxed? If they are just lower them especially shadows and AA. The game's low settings really don't look that visually different from high and the performance gain is MASSIVE. If they are on lowest, try disabling sli even pulling one of the cards the game doesn't utilize sli practically at all I get no fps gain at all from turning a card off and it could be negatively impacting you.

Fleet ~60fps

Planets ~100 in most areas

Raids~60-70

Wz~ no clue

Only time they really dip is when particle effects come into play. Rancor boss, the daily cave in belsavis or the mining space mission. Even on fleet with 180 people, i normally get 60 frames.

The problem is not the hardware, it is the fail HERO engine that BW has/had a hard-on for.

i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz

HD 6950

8gb ram

I drop into the 10's and 20's in WZ's, and usually get 60+ fps in fleet.

My setup should be able to run this game on max without a second glance, but there is huge slowdown due to ****** code and that awful engine.

The problem is not the hardware, it is the fail HERO engine that BW has/had a hard-on for.

i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz

HD 6950

8gb ram

I drop into the 10's and 20's in WZ's, and usually get 60+ fps in fleet.

My setup should be able to run this game on max without a second glance, but there is huge slowdown due to ****** code and that awful engine.

Honestly, ATI is terrible. They produce terrible drivers. There will be a ton of people saying otherwise but there is a reason why I trashed my ATI cards and picked up a couple nvidia fermi's. Frames have shot up after switching.

I have had issues with ATI outside of game as well. My laptop has a dedicated ATI card and is unable to load Linux due to a conflict with the ATI driver and linux. I had to install a very basic driver just to see the display. I would suggest leaving ATI for awhile until they fix their issues.

Edited by Excid

I7 2600K 3.4Ghz

8 Gigs DD3 RAM

Nvidia GTX570

SSD

I get about 50-60 FPS in fleet at peak times

in world about 100 FPS

in raids about 80 -90 FPS

Dont PVP

And Im not OCing it either and running the game at highest settings.

I have the new AMD 7970 - i5 at 4.3ghz and in the fleet sometimes it goes down to 30fps! The planets i get 100+ fps and I´ve yet to try WZ.

Without good drivers, video cards attempt to brute force everything which wastes resources therefore lowering frames. ATI is hurting atm :(

My comp specs at the top of my head...

Sandy Bridge i5 2325 @ 3.0 ghz

8 gigs of DDR3 RAM

Radeon HD 6570 2 gigs DDR3 (I know, I know, crappy video card, but my PSU won't support the beautiful 6770 I have and I'm too lazy to upgrade the PSU right now)

Anyways, I have everything on high except shadows and AA and I get about...

World : 50-70 FPS

Fleet: 20-40 FPS (it depends on how many people are on but even with a low number it can stutter which to me means the optimization here isn't the greatest.)

Warzones: 20-30

Flashpoints: 40-50

CPU- AMD Phenom Quad Core 9600 BE (Agena) 2.31Gz

GPU- GeForce GTX 460 1Mb

Processor Temp- Highest I have ever seen it while playing is 74c

Planets- 45 fps

Flashpoints/Heroics - 25 fps

Fleet- depends, 8-10 fps

Warzones- Dunno, afraid to try for fear of watching my toon die in 6 million dollar man style slow motion.

All settings to low shadows off although changing them to High seems to make no difference.

All drivers current.

My system works well enough for what I want to do in the game so I havent been too concerned. Hope this helps some.

Cheers

• 6 months later...

I got i5 750 - Clocked to 3.4 Ghz (Someimes @ 3.8) WC'd

2 x GTX 480 - WC'd - Clocked Between Stock 700 and 800

8GB Patriot Viper Division 2 - 1866 (@1870 for Upclock - Was gonna get a AMD BD - HA!)

Adata S510 120GB SSD

Rubbish Raidmax PSU - 730W (Why my Clocks Arent Higher)

Getting - Pre 1.3.6

110 FPS Ship and Some World Areas

70 - 80 FPS - Populated World Areas

WZ' - Don't Pay Attention, but around 50ish i Guess - Never have a Slow Down

Fleet - 30 - 35 (stock GPU) - 35 - 45 (OC GPU)

After 1.3.6

105 - Ship (spikes to 110)

60 - 80 (everywhere Else)

WZ - havent done one

Fleet - 22 - 35 (OC GPU)

This is at Full Everything, except Atlasing - I know i can get better if i turn thingsDown - But i Want the Quality - There must be Something Specific Slowing things up on the Fleet, and there Must be some way to Fix it. I just Feel for the Peeps with the Lower Cards, Because this game is Beautiful on HQ settings. Also, very Confused bu the FPS binding, Before 1.2, was ALWAYS solid Green, Now, is always Red, with flashes of Yellow and Green - what is up BW.

i7-3770 3.4GHz w/ 8MB Cache CPU

16GB Ripjaws Z DDR3 1600MHz RAM

2X nVidia 560Ti.. sometime I run SLi othertimes I run single card... and often find single card yields better or more stable FPS

HD1 - Western Digital 500GB SATA 2 HDD

HD2 - Mushkin 120GB Chronos SSD

Op Sys - Windows 7 Ultimate N 64Bit

1000WATT PSU and all running off a ASUS P8-Z77 -V Deluxe Motherboard.

24Mb Broaband Connection which is yielding a pretty decent 23-30ms Latency in game, with 0 Jitter or packet loss thro connection.

Ingame settings

Texture Quality - HIGH, Shader Complexity - HIGH, Shadow Quality - OFF, Bloom - OFF, AA - Low, Texture Ansitropy - MEDIUM, High, Character Texture Atlasing - LOW, Visable Character Limit - MEDIUM/LOW (depending how busy the instance is), Conversation DoF - ON, Grass and Tree Quality - 75%

Running at 1680-X 1050 @60Hz

SWTOR Process are given HIGH priority in Windows and I run Gamebooster as well as well as running in XP SP3 Compatability Mode

All drivers are upto date, I defrag my PC every week and Defrag SWTOR via Gamebooster everytime I shut the game down or after an update

Fleet - 15 - 45 FPS (depending on how busy it is). Can see it spike upwards to 50+, but also bottom out into single digits

Planets - 30 - 60 FPS depending on planet and how busy it is

WZ.... <10 - 25 FPS.. often eering on the side of train wreck - Illum was always a train wreck imo.

Any other game I play runs maxed out and 100+ FPS

- - - - -

NOTE -

I also run SWTOR off my old HP DV9590 Laptop which has a Intel T7500 Core2 Duo 2.2GHz CPU, with 4GB DDR2 RAM and a nVidia 8600M GPU (yes the one with inherant overheat characteristics)... running on Win Vista 64Bit -

I get comparable FPS with this laptop and often better FPS on planets....

Edited by Bloodstealer

Core i7 920 @ 2.69 MHz

3 Gig DDR3 @ 1148, iirc

500 GB 7200rpm HDD

lowly Radeon HD 4650 w/ 1 Gig ram

fleet or planets - 24-28 fps, can dip to 14 or spike to 35-40 but generally sits around there

all settings at max except shadows are totally OFF, running @ 1920x1080

Win 7

Edited by tausser
add'l info