Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilate <> Obliterate

Dreyvan
03.05.2012 , 03:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Murmurrr View Post
Wait, what? You can obliterate someone that is in cover? I haven't used this ability very much so I have never had a chance to test this, but that would make it a lot more useful.
Obliterate doesn't count as a charge ability(at least it didn't for me but I haven't been rage spec in quite a while it could have changed), but it only works 0-10m. So like the post above you mentioned and what I stated above, it has a useful mechanic in certain situations.
<Bellicose>
Drevan - Sith Marauder 50
Miri - Operative 50

lollermittens
03.05.2012 , 03:15 PM | #12
Different abilities used for different purposes:
  • Annihalate: high damage ability used to refresh Rupture CD
  • Obliterate: low damage ability used as a gap closer if Force Leap is on CD

Obliterate is not to be used with the expectation of a high damage ability: it's a gap closer to ensure that you get your Smash off if Force Leap is on CD.

And finally, there is currently no viably "hybrid" spec for Marauders -- there is one out there but it's purely for running Huttball.

Angelfeeties
03.05.2012 , 11:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by pandagreat View Post
Except in huttball when there's a gunslinger/sniper right in the middle of the top platform having no idea that I can charge up to them with obliterate for an easy score=P

Except, if he's a Sniper with half a brain, he's as far out on the ledge as he can go without falling; when you Obliterate him, you fall all the way down into the pit.

Obliterate's flight and landing animation takes so long that your kiting target is generally 3-5 meters ahead of you when you land and can move again. This obviously leaves room for Smash to miss. When a 2 point talent is required to make an ability talent even somewhat viable (the 40% bonus movement speed after Obliterate), it definitely loses its luster in my eyes.