Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Annihilate <> Obliterate


BobaFurz's Avatar


BobaFurz
03.02.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1
Whats your expirience here with the dmg output of both and rage management ? Iam in my late 40ish with this class and changed to a hybrid build, doing better with obliterate currently.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

malispar's Avatar


malispar
03.02.2012 , 04:44 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
Whats your expirience here with the dmg output of both and rage management ? Iam in my late 40ish with this class and changed to a hybrid build, doing better with obliterate currently.
Not sure what you mean when you say you're "doing better" with Obliterate, they both are entirely separate style moves.

Annihilate refreshes Rupture, and gets a reduced cooldown as you use it. It hits a lot harder than Obliterate, and 1 rage is refunded through the Enraged Slash talent.

Obliterate is just a small hop with a movement speed increase that enables crit Smash.

Hybrid builds don't work well with Marauders, we generally need our top tier talents to be effective.

BobaFurz's Avatar


BobaFurz
03.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #3
Well, I dont need build up that much rage with a hybrid build and can use it a lot more often during fights. Actually I like it. Did you try it ?
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

EvilFD's Avatar


EvilFD
03.02.2012 , 07:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
Well, I dont need build up that much rage with a hybrid build and can use it a lot more often during fights. Actually I like it. Did you try it ?
Do whatever you want while lvling. Whatever works for you. Hell, even at 50 do whatever you want. Thats the point of videogames.

However, if you want to be the best possible marauder (aka bringing death and destruction) then hybrid specs are certainly not the way to go.
MuderousSith Marauder
NIGHTMARES ASYLUM
Support the troops

BobaFurz's Avatar


BobaFurz
03.02.2012 , 07:33 PM | #5
I dont see the bigger advantage at my lvl range in pvp, doing only 400-500 crit dmg more with annihilate with a high amount of rage costs and less flexibility.

Quote:
However, if you want to be the best possible marauder (aka bringing death and destruction) then hybrid specs are certainly not the way to go
What is the reason you think that you wont succeed with obliterate ?
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Dreyvan's Avatar


Dreyvan
03.05.2012 , 08:59 AM | #6
I'f you're going up the Anni tree i would highly suggest investing completely in it. Obliterate does decent damage and comes with a nice mechanic but annihilation does way more damage. Keep the annihilator stacks up and you'll be using annihilate every 7.5 seconds. As it was stated above marauders are one of the classes that hybrids don't work out quite as well as others. I'm sure you could figure some hybrid that MAY be viable but even then going up one full tree still might benefit you more overall. Last time I was rage spec and used obliterate I was getting around 2k-2.5k crits, probably would be a bit more now since I've gotten some more gear but that's still nothing compared to the 4.2k main hand and 800 off hand crit with annihilate. Ultimately, just play what you want, it's a game.
<Bellicose>
Drevan - Sith Marauder 50
Miri - Operative 50

atreyuz's Avatar


atreyuz
03.05.2012 , 09:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
I dont see the bigger advantage at my lvl range in pvp, doing only 400-500 crit dmg more with annihilate with a high amount of rage costs and less flexibility.



What is the reason you think that you wont succeed with obliterate ?
http://i.imgur.com/kNV7S.png
the dmg tooltip difference beetwen those 2 skills. (including DUAL WIELD MASTERY)

Also notice the CD of 15 for Obliterate, and 12sec (down to 7,5cd)

Are you kidding me?
But feel free to gimp yourself in anyway possible.
ZD ☺ Marauder ☺ r7x ☺

Legions of Lettow

Angelfeeties's Avatar


Angelfeeties
03.05.2012 , 11:29 AM | #8
Obliterate is awful.

pandagreat's Avatar


pandagreat
03.05.2012 , 01:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Angelfeeties View Post
Obliterate is awful.
Except in huttball when there's a gunslinger/sniper right in the middle of the top platform having no idea that I can charge up to them with obliterate for an easy score=P

Murmurrr's Avatar


Murmurrr
03.05.2012 , 02:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by pandagreat View Post
Except in huttball when there's a gunslinger/sniper right in the middle of the top platform having no idea that I can charge up to them with obliterate for an easy score=P
Wait, what? You can obliterate someone that is in cover? I haven't used this ability very much so I have never had a chance to test this, but that would make it a lot more useful.