Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EU : where to start

carliiiiito
03.02.2012 , 03:25 PM | #1
so ive been reading these forums a lot lately and it make me want to learn/read more about the expanded universe.But i have no clue where to start

So if any of you could point me to a website or some books to get started i would greatly appreciate.Anything would do really ,as long as its good
thx in advance
peace is a lie ,there is only passion

VanorDM
03.02.2012 , 03:55 PM | #2
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

That's the main source of EU lore in one site.

carliiiiito
03.02.2012 , 03:59 PM | #3
thank you good sir
peace is a lie ,there is only passion

Lurkz
03.02.2012 , 05:10 PM | #4
Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn... definitely recommend you start with them.
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

LilTsar
03.02.2012 , 05:33 PM | #5
thrawn is good, han solo trilogy is better i think. grittier, if you're like me and prefer that stuff. thrawn comes off to me as an attempt to be a followup to the trilogy, han solo trilogy is just a great, winding story about a great character.
and when you're in the mood for something cheesy, both of the clone wars animated series are fun.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

SNCommand
03.02.2012 , 06:10 PM | #6
Have read almost no Star Wars books, instead I jumped straight into Wookieepedia, was messy at first, but after a few days I got a much better perspective of the overall lore in the expanded universe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Yarcamos
03.02.2012 , 07:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by carliiiiito View Post
so ive been reading these forums a lot lately and it make me want to learn/read more about the expanded universe.But i have no clue where to start

So if any of you could point me to a website or some books to get started i would greatly appreciate.Anything would do really ,as long as its good
thx in advance
I can easily say start with Timothy Zahn's original Thrawn trilogy that takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi. It's a fantastic entry point into the EU.

Liquidacid
03.03.2012 , 12:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTsar View Post
thrawn is good, han solo trilogy is better i think. grittier, if you're like me and prefer that stuff. thrawn comes off to me as an attempt to be a followup to the trilogy, han solo trilogy is just a great, winding story about a great character.
and when you're in the mood for something cheesy, both of the clone wars animated series are fun.
which Han Solo trilogy? there are 2 of them... The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, and Rebel Dawn or Han Solo at Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

LilTsar
03.03.2012 , 12:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
which Han Solo trilogy? there are 2 of them... The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, and Rebel Dawn or Han Solo at Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
paradise snare, hutt gambit, rebel dawn. ha didnt even read through your post and know the titles by heart. should show how much i love those
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

ErikModi
03.03.2012 , 01:01 AM | #10
Must read: Anything by Tim Zhan, Kathy Tyers, or Michael Stackpole

Must AVOID: Anything by Kevin J. Anderson, The Corellian Trilogy, The Crystal Star

Your Mileage May Vary: The New Jedi Order (some love it, some hate, but practically no one is indifferent about it), anything by Karen Traviss (some love her, some hate her, almost no one is indifferent about her; for me, it comes down to the fact that who she has revealed herself to be as a person means I will never read one of her books, no matter how well-written or engaging it may actually be. . . and she has some pretty poorly-written books, to boot.)
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.