Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation and Ravage

bklynfinest
03.03.2012 , 10:20 PM | #11
I generally use it on CCd targets when I know the 3rd hit will finish them. Happens pretty frequently. Due to how RNG it is I typically wont use in my opener on a full HP target.

Cindikle
03.03.2012 , 11:22 PM | #12
Uses I have found for it
-PvP players about dead and running away. As that last hit does have some leeway on range.
-PvE targets that need to die faster than my dots last. (Mind Traps for example)
-PvP players who may end up thinking I'm a different spec and change their tactics(in my favor). Generally this is followed by clipping the attack unless I know my charge is up.

As far as general rotation goes the only time it is useful is when everything else is on cooldown, your rage is full and you're Rupture proc is on it's internal cooldown. Which is generally a very small window. And almost worth it to ignore it for an Assault+VS, as that generates fury and doesn't interrupt your normal "rotation".

Grimnoire
03.04.2012 , 11:08 AM | #13
I use ravage to finish off low health enemies when deadly throw is on CD and I don't want to waste rage. Other than that, there is almost always something better. If you are burning/generating rage as fast as possible then you will need the full time from anni coming available to the time the buff expires to hit it since much of the time you will need to generate 1 or 2 rage first to afford it.

I like to think of my goal, playing anni spec, is to get as many ruptures in as I can while keeping DS and Anni on cd, weaving in berserk as appropriate. If you're casting ravage that means that you weren't casting something that could reset rupture or build the rage needed to continue the rotation.......

IMHO, ravage is one of our lowest priority abilities that should only be used in extremely limited situations.

"Your tongue cannot repel flavor of that magnitude!"

WokeSmeed
03.04.2012 , 03:40 PM | #14
Seriously, *** are you guys talking about?
My ravage hits for a total of 7-8k (crit) for NO RAGE COST !!!!

First hit 1,5k, second hit 2,5k and last hit 3,5k (all crit btw, but when I use ravage I have my crit relic up)
Or 1st hit 1k, 2nd 1.5k and 3rd 2k = 4,5k in 3 seconds (still not bad if none of them crits)

If you use an ability before the last hit, that's a huge dps loss imo.
Darth Gio Loco
War Hero | Marauder
Legions of Lettow

trevah
03.04.2012 , 04:33 PM | #15
Murmurr, no one is answering your question. If this is as frustrating for you as it is for me, I'm sorry.

HE IS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE USEFULNESS OF RAVAGE IN ROTATION AS A LONE SKILL - HE IS ASKING ABOUT IT IN TERMS OF ANNIHILATE AND GCD/ANIMATION REDUCTION.

Read the whole post before responding please. I would like to know people's thoughts on this as well.

Murmurrr
03.09.2012 , 01:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by trevah View Post
Murmurr, no one is answering your question. If this is as frustrating for you as it is for me, I'm sorry.

HE IS NOT ASKING ABOUT THE USEFULNESS OF RAVAGE IN ROTATION AS A LONE SKILL - HE IS ASKING ABOUT IT IN TERMS OF ANNIHILATE AND GCD/ANIMATION REDUCTION.

Read the whole post before responding please. I would like to know people's thoughts on this as well.
Yes. That seems to be the case.

mmjarec
03.09.2012 , 05:05 PM | #17
regardless of animation is still a **** skill to use for all 3 hits. they should make them all 3 spread out or take the last one out completely.

trevah
03.09.2012 , 06:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
regardless of animation is still a **** skill to use for all 3 hits. they should make them all 3 spread out or take the last one out completely.
I swear to god...

Murmurrr
03.09.2012 , 06:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
Thank you for sharing your opinion on what the developers should do to modify the skill. Now let us discuss the current functionality of the skill, in which two swings occur rapidly and then a long delay occurs before the final swing.

It is my theory that it is never useful as an annihilation marauder to fully cast 3 seconds of ravage, but it is extremely useful to cast 1.5 seconds of ravage and to then cancel it with annihilate.

I created this thread for the purpose of discussing my opinion with the community and to see what other people thought about the usefulness of cancelling ravage into annihilate; opinions (ideally backed up with data) that counter the concept of casting 1.5 seconds of ravage before using annihilate are extremely welcome, as I currently cannot see any reason to NOT cancel my ravage into annihilate every time.

mmjarec
03.09.2012 , 07:41 PM | #20
dont blame me, if they fix it people wouldnt ***** about the same things.