Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I can play but on my account on the site i did not enter my activasion code yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
I can play but on my account on the site i did not enter my activasion code yet?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WouterC
12.16.2011 , 05:48 AM | #1
Hello,
Yesterday i got my Invite to play the game. I did play it without any trouble. But i saw the add about the Authenticator for the iphone and i wanted to add it to my account. So i went to the swtor site and wanted to get a code to get started. But i cant find any code and i found out that i did not had put i my production code yet. So i tried to do that 1st. When i've done that it said that it was allrdy activated. Wich allrdy was because i played the game allrdy. But how can i add the authenticator code to my phone while my account is not yet activated on the site? PLz help me. The costumer service on the telephone is not even helping either im only getting that you guys are busy. And i dont want to get hacked and loose my account right at the start of a new game.

paperbanjo
12.16.2011 , 05:50 AM | #2
The retail activation code has not been entered yet as the game isn't actually launched yet. I'm also pretty sure that you can't actually use the iPhone authenticator yet. The reason you can play now is because of early access, which is from a pre-order code you put in previously. You probably also won't get hacked.. for one, it's very early.. of course it's not impossible (at least, I don't think it is).. but you also have those security questions. Anytime a new computer requests access to your account, it asks for one of those answers.
Run away, little girl. Run away!

ccjsommerville
12.16.2011 , 05:51 AM | #3
Ok what code that it is asking for is the CD-key from the game it self. You already put your code in for the pre-order which is why you are playing SWTOR now. You can still do the athintercater with out the cd-key because it will let me without mine. So you already pre-ordered and used that code which alows you to play swtor now. when you get your hard copy of the game on Dec. 20 you will then need to go and register the cd-key on the SWTOR.com my account area.

DarkredD
12.16.2011 , 06:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ccjsommerville View Post
Ok what code that it is asking for is the CD-key from the game it self. You already put your code in for the pre-order which is why you are playing SWTOR now. You can still do the athintercater with out the cd-key because it will let me without mine. So you already pre-ordered and used that code which alows you to play swtor now. when you get your hard copy of the game on Dec. 20 you will then need to go and register the cd-key on the SWTOR.com my account area.
What about for people like me who ordered with Origin. I am getting the same message as he is and the email said my serial my pre order code.

GrolschUK
12.16.2011 , 06:21 AM | #5
Origin orders will get their cd key later today or this weekend.

Aieny
12.16.2011 , 06:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkredD View Post
What about for people like me who ordered with Origin. I am getting the same message as he is and the email said my serial my pre order code.
The email only gave a pre-order code, not a full product code. You need to wait until Origin sends out the full product code (after processing your payment) to enter the CD key.

D6-R8
12.16.2011 , 10:20 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi all,

The iPhone mobile security key application is now available. Please check our Help Center for instructions on how to set it up. If there are any issues please report them back.

Thank you for your patience.

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Erudain
12.16.2011 , 10:34 AM | #8
btw anyone already got a registration code from Origins?

Tryed to confirm all morning with Live Support if they are sending them today and I seem to always get useless ppl that cannot answer a straigth question