Level 50 Flashpoint Guides

I've been working on my level 50 Flashpoint guides recently and I have managed to get most of the important ones done. I've got Flashpoint guides for Battle of Ilum, Kaon Under Siege and False Emperor done. I still need to add pictures and more detailed loot tables to them but so far I have all of the boss strategies done!

False Emperor

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/flashpoints/flashpoints/falseemperor.cfm

False Emperor Flashpoint Guide

<< Not 100% done yet >>

First Boss - Tregg the Destroyer (Mini Boss)

For this boss you need to pull him back off the bridge he sits on so his knockbacks don't knock you off of the bridge. Have the tank build a bit of threat as the DPS kill the adds with him. Once the adds are dead switch to the boss and burn him down. He is a really simple fight; mostly just a tank and spank although he does jump randomly to other people in the group and has a nasty whirlwind/cleave which you'll want to avoid.

Drops a Green Item and a Corellia Commendation

Second Boss - Jindo Krey

This boss is a bit tricky so it's important everyone knows the strategy before you engage the boss. On the platform that he comes down on you will see three turrets. You'll need to activate these when the Bosses ship gets close. I am unsure if the turrets will hit the ship from anywhere or if you need to activate it when the ship is flying directly in front of it, I've heard it both ways. Usually groups have a DPS focusing on taking the ship down by using the turrets.

The boss himself has a unique strategy too. Throughout the fight the boss will shield himself (It's an absorb shield that absorbs a ton of damage) you will need to do enough damage to destroy the shield so you can start attacking the boss again. It will take quite a bit of damage to get the shield down but once it's down you'll be able to start wailing away at the boss again. The ship is the bigger threat during this fight, keep that out of your way and the boss will be cake.

Drops: Usually a Relic, from what I've seen that's the only drop (At least on normal)

Third Bosses - Prototype A-14 & Prototype B-16 (Mini Bosses)

This is a very easy fight that resembles the Twin Emps in WoW if you ever played WoW and even remember these bosses. There are two droids which you will have to fight at the same time, in hindsight that's really the only common ground they share with the Twin Emps! During this fight one of the Prototypes will shield themselves and go completely immune to all damage. When this happens you will need to DPS the other Prototype until the one you're DPSing shields himself at which point you will need to switch to the other one.

Keep switching back and forth between both Prototypes until they're both dead. Other than that bland strategy it's a simple tank and spank fight.

Drops a Green Item and a Corellia Commendation.

Fourth Boss - HK - 47

This is one of the more annoying bosses of the instance as he has some seriously high damaging abilities that will make you almost poop your pants when they happen. He is really just a simple tank and spank excluding the few abilities he has that I'll name below.

Burst: His high damaging ability that deals quite a bit of damage, usually 3/4 of a persons health. He uses this ability on the target he Grapples immediately after grappling them. Use any damage reduction ability immediately after being grappled to help lower the damage done by Burst.

Grapple: He pulls in a random person and then uses burst on them.

Bomb: A random party member will get a light blue circle underneath them. When this happens they will want to run far out of the group until it goes red and then get out of it. A few seconds after it goes red HK - 47 drops a bomb in the circle doing AoE damage to anyone standing in it.

Once HK - 47 gets below half health he starts using new abilities

Stealth: He will go invisible for a few seconds before appearing next to someone and using a Poison Grenade DoT on them.

Poison Grenade: This, on normal mode, is a very weak DoT that can be outhealed or cleansed off of the target. On Hardmode this is a life threatening DoT that needs to be cleansed immediately.

Hardmode: An additional ability that Hk - 47 does on Hardmode aside from the Poison Grenade is he has two Turrets that assist him in the fight. They don't do much damage and can be ignored mostly (from what I've read -- Not enough good players on my server to do this instance on Hardmode yet -_-)

Drops a Weapon

Fifth Boss - Chondrus Berani

Tank and Spank

Drops a Green and Corellia Commendation

Sixth Boss - (Bonus Boss) Sith Entity

This boss is fairly easy; when you first engage the boss it will be a simple tank and spank but around 75% he will split into three adds. From what I've seen two of them seem to always be melee and the third is a ranged that shoots lightning bolts at the group. Once you kill all three of them you will fight the boss until 50% where the adds come out again. Kill them and then fight the boss again until 25%, kill the adds and then you can burn the boss down the rest of the way. Then you win!

Drops - (Will update)

Final Boss - Darth Malgus

Grab the grenade outside the room before you engage this boss!

This is the final boss of False Emperor and the most challenging (duh!) for this boss you will want to tank him on the staircase which he runs down at the very start with your tanks back to either one of the walls. The reason for this is because his knockback can be fatal if you're standing by the edge. You'll get blown right off. This boss has a few unique abilities throughout the fight which you will want to know about; each of them are listed below.

Force Choke: He will grip up the whole group aside from one person and 1 v 1 them for about 10 seconds. If you can't take the hits by yourself you will want to kite the boss. A good strategy for this is to run up the stairs and jump over the ledge (Don't jump off the ledge and to your death wayyy down below) You will know this ability is coming because it will announce in big red letters on everyone's screen that the player he is going to 1 v 1 mind is filling with doubt.

Knockback: He will shoot a player about 50 yards back, keep your backs against the wall!

AoE: He does an AoE ability that is interruptable, I can't remember the name but he extends both of his arms outward and floats a few feet off of the ground. You must interrupt this or it does severe damage to everyone in range. Apparently in hardmode this ability will hit the whole group if not interrupted not just people in range.

At 15% you will want to drag Darth Malgus over to one of the ledges and wait until he starts casting Force Lightning on everyone in the group and goes completely immune to damage. This is your queue for everyone to use their grenades and blow Darth Malgus off the ledge to kill him. Usually this is your only way to kill him, there have been some groups that kill him during his final "Force Choke" by getting lucky but it's rare and not a reliable way to defeat this boss.

If your grenades don't do the trick by knocking him over the ledge Force Wave and all other AoE knockbacks work just as well. Troopers and Consulars get them (I'm unsure what Imperial classes get them but I'd assume the say archetypes).

Drops Via his chest - Chest gear

Battle of Ilum

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/flashpoints/flashpoints/battleofilum.cfm

Battle of Ilum

First Boss - Gark the Indomitable

A very simple tank and spank boss. Really the only important thing you need to know about him is throughout the fight he will spawn some adds which the tank will need to quickly pick up so they don't own any DPS or more importantly the healer. The adds only have about 5k HP so they will be extremely easy for your group to AoE down, just have the tank drop whatever AoE they can

Second Bosses - Velasu Graege & Drina-Zel

For this fight you will be fighting two bosses at the same time, Velasu Graege and Drina-Zel. Velasu is a ranged boss and Drinda is a melee boss. The tank will need to grab both of these bosses and keep agro on them throughout the fight (duh!). From my experience with these bosses Drinda has really spotty agro; it seems extremely difficult to hold agro on him even when he isn't the one being dps'd first. He very commonly jumps to the DPS or Healer throughout the fight at which point the tank will need to taunt him in order to regain agro on him.

I recommend you burn down Drinda first for this reason, keeping agro on him is more of a chore than anything so I make sure you save your taunts for when he jumps away from you. During this fight when you get one of the bosses to half health (or somewhere around that time) 4 turrets come out around where the bosses were standing before you engaged them. The DPS will need to burn these turrets down as they will start shooting anyone in range causing massive amounts of damage to be taken by the entire party.

Third Boss - Krel Thak

This is probably the easiest boss of the instance (aside from the very first one that you face). Some groups have trouble with him but I have never wiped or had anyone drop below 50% on this boss (at least on normal, on Heroic he apparently has this nasty Damage Shield ability that he uses. I'll explain it later). The main ability that you will notice from him is the adds that he summons. Four adds will run out at you during the fight every 30 or so seconds which the tank will need to quickly pick up. Just before these adds come out the boss will stun the entire group for a few seconds making it more difficult than it should be for the tank to pick up these adds.

If the adds get on you do the tank a favor, run towards him and let him pick them up, don't run away from him. Aside from the adds Krel also will target a random player of the group and start blowing them up with his high damaging abilities. Have the tank taunt and the healer to spot heal whomever is taking the damage. The other ability he does, the Proximity Probe, as aforemetioned I think is only used on Hardmode as I have never before seen it on Normal.

Proximity Probe & Defense Screen: Apparently this boss uses an ability called Defense Screen on every other wave of adds starting with the very firsy wave. This ability can be interrupted so you will want to do that. If not, it makes him immune to damage for a short period of time and if anyone attacks him while Defense Screen is active he will counter with an ability called Proximity Probe which will knock the player back and deal a great deal of damage to them.

Aside from that this boss is cake!

Fourth Boss - Commander Folek

This is a mini boss right before the final boss of the instance. It's an extremely easy tank and spank fight. Just eliminate the adds before focusing on the boss.

Final Boss - Darth Serevin

This is a really easy tank and spank fight for the most part he has a few moves which I will get into later. He comes with an add which you will want to immediately take out. Once the add is elimated it will be just your party and the boss. Throughout, phase 1 we will call it, he only has one special move which involves him picking up a large crystal shard and throwing it at a random party member. It does upwards of 4k damage, not much to worry about just heal through it.

After this is "phase 2" where Darth Serevin will vanish and appear next to a random party member using a force choke like ability on them and also using the crystal shard ability aforementioned on another player. When he vanishes it resets his agro so the tank will need to quickly pick him up once he reappears. That's all there is to this fight!

Kaon Under Siege

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/flashpoints/flashpoints/kaonundersiege.cfm

Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint Guide

Kaon Under Siege was the first Flashpoint added into the game during patch 1.1. The Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint follows one of the more popular science fiction stories of an infection breaking out on a spaceshuttle and it spreading from host to host through bite/scratch and turning them into a zombie-like creature. Those that have played Dead Space will immediately feel some nostalgia in this instance.

Since this instance is a bit more difficult and the trash in here is actually hard I will go over the more difficult mobs before I start with the bosses.

Kaon Under Siege Trash Mobs

Bloated Plaguebringer

These guys are probably the most annoying of the trash mobs here as when they get below 20% health they will stand still and "explode" blowing everyone that is within a few feet of him back about 20 feet. It's important you run out of range before he explodes or pull him away from the group before he starts... constipating himself we'll call it. The Bloated Plaguebringers are easy to spot as they're much larger than the other zombies here.

Infected Mercenary

This trash mob is fairly easy but it has one extremely annoying ability that MUST be interrupted under all circunstances. The ability from them that you must interrupted is a Force-choke like ability. It grips up a party member and holds them there for an extremely long period of time. If this happens to the Tank or Healer you can kiss your group goodbye if no one interrupts it.

First "Boss" Encounter

This isn't actually a boss ecounter but it's a semi-difficult fight and it rewards loot from a chest.

About 10 minutes into clearing the instance you will come across a turret, it's glowing blue and sitting pretty much in the middle of a room. You pass right by it so you can't miss it. It's important you don't hop on this turret right away as it will start the boss encounter before you and your group are ready! Once you are ready have someone hop on the turret that has barely any AoE abilities and can't really provide much for this fight. Once they get on the turret the encounter will begin

IMPORTANT: You do not need to press ANY buttons to make the turret shoot, it will shoot on its own. Pressing an ability will unmount you from it.

The person on the turret's job is to keep turning the turret to face all of the mobs, it will shoot on its own so just keep turning to and blasting away at everything in front of you. Keep this up for 3 minutes while your group handles the mobs off of the turret too and you will complete the encounter and get your loot.

This is an extremely easy encounter.

Second Boss - Rakghoul Behemoth

This may be a confusing encounter if it is your first time here but luckily that's what I'm here to fix! You fight this boss in a giant room which makes it extremely easy to kite him around (something you will be doing a lot). There are four clickable explosive tanks around the room. They have big red arrows pointing to them and they're glowing blue; you can find them by all of the lamposts. They're virtually impossible to miss. The tank will want to drag the boss to one of these barrels and tank him here until he uses his shield that decreases damage taken by 90%.

When the boss puts up his shield and starts taking dramatically less damage the tank will want to quickly click the barrel to explode it; removing the shield from the boss (DPS can do it too if they're melee) and allowing full damage to the boss again. After destroying a barrel right next to the boss the tank will want to move the boss to the next barrel and wait for the shield to come back up. The only other special thing this boss does is every once in awhile he will go into a frenzy and deal tons more damage to whomever his target is. During this time you will want to kite the boss and avoid being hit by him.

NOTE: The Barrels you need to click to explode in the bosses face to remove his shield do respawn.

Third Boss - KR-82

This is an extremely difficult boss that relies heavily on the tank to know what they are doing. The fight itself is fairly straight forward, the boss does some AoE damage to the group (an explosive shot attack on a random member) and also another channeled attack on a random person but aside from that he will only attack the tank. Now, there are three more things you need to know about this boss. These are the three most important abilities this boss has. Here is a list of them:

Grapple: This ability grabs ahold of every party member and pulls them to the boss. Once the boss pulls everyone to him he will use an AoE ability damaging everyone. Apparently if something is between you and the boss this ability will not work. However I've stood behind the tree nearby this boss and still been pulled to him.

Energy Shield: At 66% and 33% the boss will use an energy shield during which he doesn't attack the group. He will summon three adds at this time which need to quickly be picked up by the tank and burned down by the DPS. The energy shield lasts 20 seconds, giving you enough time to kill at least 2 of the three adds.

Final Boss - Lk'graagth and his friends

This boss is a push over for the last boss of the instance, especially after fighting the bonus boss before him. Lk'graagth will come with two adds which you need to take out before killing the boss. It doesn't matter which one you kill just make sure your DPS is coordinated on one add. During the fight Lk'graagth will order the adds he comes with to attack a random party member. They obey and stick to this player like glue, they can't be taunted off for the duration of this attack but after their attack order fades they can.

Once one of the adds die the other add goes enraged and deals more damage so be sure to take him down quickly after you defeat the first one. Killing off one of the bosses adds causes more adds to come out from the same area you entered the bosses room from. The tank will need to pick up these adds quickly before they seriously hurt anyone. After you kill off the second of the bosses friends more adds will come again. Destroy them and then destroy the boss. The boss himself does not have any special abilities from what I have seen.

If you know of anything else I can add to these guides let me know!

The tips may work for normal mode, but some of them are definitely not going to work for hardmode.

1) False Emperor : The second boss can bug and the console becomes unclickable. The only reliable way I have discover is to click on the center, and only the center console, without regard to where the ship is.

For Darth Magus, he also have this 'Ultimate Power' move at around 50% which you MUST interrupt. It's his 'I win' button. The tank should also position himself with his back to a pillar to prevent knockoff.

2) Kaon Under Siege : It's far easier to fight the 'zombie horde' event away from the gun. There are two stationary turret which you activate a short walk before the box. Pull the mob back there to fight. Using the gun may be faster, but also more dangerous.

3) Battle of Ilum : The 3rd boss is hard because of his short enrage timer, and the 8 second mez means you're missing 30 seconds of DPS. (he'll mez 4 times). It may be a good idea to make everyone use their CC breaker at the same time to burn him down.

The tips may work for normal mode, but some of them are definitely not going to work for hardmode.

1) False Emperor : The second boss can bug and the console becomes unclickable. The only reliable way I have discover is to click on the center, and only the center console, without regard to where the ship is.

For Darth Magus, he also have this 'Ultimate Power' move at around 50% which you MUST interrupt. It's his 'I win' button. The tank should also position himself with his back to a pillar to prevent knockoff.

2) Kaon Under Siege : It's far easier to fight the 'zombie horde' event away from the gun. There are two stationary turret which you activate a short walk before the box. Pull the mob back there to fight. Using the gun may be faster, but also more dangerous.

3) Battle of Ilum : The 3rd boss is hard because of his short enrage timer, and the 8 second mez means you're missing 30 seconds of DPS. (he'll mez 4 times). It may be a good idea to make everyone use their CC breaker at the same time to burn him down.

Thanks for the feedback! Due to the extremely low population on my server we rarely ever have any Flashpoint groups let alone hardmode flashpoint groups. So it's hard to write guides for them when I barely get to do any of them! =(

I'll add your tips hopefully sometime today!

• 1 month later...

Added your tips into my guide. Also if anyone out there plays on Canderous Ordo or Kathol Rift and would be willing to write any OPs or lower level Flashpoint guides, I'd pay a few million credits. Just toss me a PM and we can work out a deal =D

Hello!

Nice job! We love to see positive contributions such as this. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! It's great to hear my work is appreciated, especially by those that work at Bioware! =D

• 4 weeks later...