Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 50 Flashpoint Guides

Almar
03.02.2012 , 01:23 AM | #1
I've been working on my level 50 Flashpoint guides recently and I have managed to get most of the important ones done. I've got Flashpoint guides for Battle of Ilum, Kaon Under Siege and False Emperor done. I still need to add pictures and more detailed loot tables to them but so far I have all of the boss strategies done!

False Emperor

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/flashp...lseemperor.cfm

Spoiler

Battle of Ilum

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/flashp...ttleofilum.cfm

Spoiler

Kaon Under Siege

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/flashp...undersiege.cfm

Spoiler

If you know of anything else I can add to these guides let me know!

Almar
03.02.2012 , 06:08 AM | #2
Geeze I was expecting some feedback!

NotRonin
03.02.2012 , 09:11 AM | #3
The tips may work for normal mode, but some of them are definitely not going to work for hardmode.

1) False Emperor : The second boss can bug and the console becomes unclickable. The only reliable way I have discover is to click on the center, and only the center console, without regard to where the ship is.

For Darth Magus, he also have this 'Ultimate Power' move at around 50% which you MUST interrupt. It's his 'I win' button. The tank should also position himself with his back to a pillar to prevent knockoff.

2) Kaon Under Siege : It's far easier to fight the 'zombie horde' event away from the gun. There are two stationary turret which you activate a short walk before the box. Pull the mob back there to fight. Using the gun may be faster, but also more dangerous.

3) Battle of Ilum : The 3rd boss is hard because of his short enrage timer, and the 8 second mez means you're missing 30 seconds of DPS. (he'll mez 4 times). It may be a good idea to make everyone use their CC breaker at the same time to burn him down.

Almar
03.03.2012 , 11:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post
The tips may work for normal mode, but some of them are definitely not going to work for hardmode.

1) False Emperor : The second boss can bug and the console becomes unclickable. The only reliable way I have discover is to click on the center, and only the center console, without regard to where the ship is.

For Darth Magus, he also have this 'Ultimate Power' move at around 50% which you MUST interrupt. It's his 'I win' button. The tank should also position himself with his back to a pillar to prevent knockoff.

2) Kaon Under Siege : It's far easier to fight the 'zombie horde' event away from the gun. There are two stationary turret which you activate a short walk before the box. Pull the mob back there to fight. Using the gun may be faster, but also more dangerous.

3) Battle of Ilum : The 3rd boss is hard because of his short enrage timer, and the 8 second mez means you're missing 30 seconds of DPS. (he'll mez 4 times). It may be a good idea to make everyone use their CC breaker at the same time to burn him down.
Thanks for the feedback! Due to the extremely low population on my server we rarely ever have any Flashpoint groups let alone hardmode flashpoint groups. So it's hard to write guides for them when I barely get to do any of them! =(

I'll add your tips hopefully sometime today!

Almar
04.05.2012 , 11:07 PM | #5
Made some changes to these guides! I hope to add some pictures soon, I have just been so busy =(

Almar
04.06.2012 , 06:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post

Added your tips into my guide. Also if anyone out there plays on Canderous Ordo or Kathol Rift and would be willing to write any OPs or lower level Flashpoint guides, I'd pay a few million credits. Just toss me a PM and we can work out a deal =D

Trineda
04.07.2012 , 03:53 PM | #7

Hello!

Nice job! We love to see positive contributions such as this. Keep up the good work!

Almar
04.09.2012 , 03:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Trineda View Post

Hello!

Nice job! We love to see positive contributions such as this. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! It's great to hear my work is appreciated, especially by those that work at Bioware! =D

Almar
04.11.2012 , 10:55 AM | #9
Anyone that is reading this thread play on the PTR? I'd like any information anyone has on the new instance there.

CarpeSangrea
05.04.2012 , 10:21 PM | #10
The new flashpoint is fun. There's one stretch where mobs like to chain heal eachother and it's annoying.