Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems with Marauder PvP

Drachdhar
03.02.2012 , 07:00 AM | #11
Also, seems to me that people on my server tend to focus down Maras real fast. Guess they know how dangerous they can be even at lower lvls.
The Progenitor
Invisus - 55 Marauder -- Kaibaal - 55 Powertech
Noctum - 50+ Assassin -- Tenebres - 42 Sorcerer --
Stragus - 29+ Juggernaut -- Gast - 14+ Operative

HeCTiCLOB
03.02.2012 , 07:11 AM | #12
Rather than acknowledge the people who feel the need to advertise their superior skills on a forum, let me pose a question....

If theres 3 classes with knockback ability on the top floor, which one do you adjust your position for?

I wont even address the other responses because again, I could care less about your personal skill.

Anrix
03.02.2012 , 07:18 AM | #13
I think the issue with disruption is the animation not the effect. The interrupt happens right away but you won't see the animation until after you have finished your current ability's animation. Crippling slash has the same issue.

Also take the knockback if you can't avoid it, it's free resolve, hide out under the platform for a couple seconds if you get knocked off and leap back to the top and be thankful you aren't an operative.

hadoken
03.02.2012 , 07:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HeCTiCLOB View Post
Rather than acknowledge the people who feel the need to advertise their superior skills on a forum, let me pose a question....

If theres 3 classes with knockback ability on the top floor, which one do you adjust your position for?
The merc/commando typically as they have a snare on their's by default. Sorc/sage can spec a root but it's not always something they have.

Weisbeck
03.02.2012 , 07:56 AM | #15
This is not a thread about how good or bad the class is. Its not a thread about my own nor anyone else's personal skill with the class. Its not a thread about crying or praising. If thats what you're looking for, stop reading right now.

1. Disruption.
This ability is supposed to be an "instant" cast. Why is it that this ability can not be used until a previously used ability has finished playing out its animation? Waiting 2-3 swings on a normal attack before being able to use this ability can be the difference between a kill and a 5k heal.

2. Top Level - Huttball
This is a major concern. As a Marauder, the only way we can be effective is by point blank contact. Charging the ball-carrier on the top platform only to be thrown off to the bottom floor time and time again makes us completely useless. We don't have ranged abilities. This is not fun. This is not enjoyable. Perhaps an ability that keeps us grounded for 5 secs and/or slows our speed as a result? Perhaps anyone we have in a force choke pulls our target down with us?

3. Crippling Slash
See problem #1. Same rules apply. This ability should be able to be used immediately after a force charge. The slow speed should also be debated as well. Something is broken when classes have the ability to slow a marauder and press nothing more than the backwards key to very easily prevent a marauder from reaching them.
DUDE JUST GOT RAGE SPEC! NOT SAYING ITS THE TOP SPEC OR ANYTHING BUT IF YOU GO RAGE YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER SPELL LIKE FORCE LEAP AND YOU CAN JUST JUMP BACK UP TO HIM.... PROBLEM SOLVED. Give it a shot

Anrix
03.02.2012 , 08:10 AM | #16

I wont even address the other responses because again, I could care less about your personal skill.
The answer is the person closest to you. If they have the whole platform covered then try to line yourself with the center as they approach. After two knockbacks you should be immune, hell I'd bet after one you'd be immune because one of the three is probably going to stun you for no reason at all. I'd even go so far as saying the other two will try to chain stun you not realizing your resolve bar is full or counting down after a stun and knockback making you immune.

Quote: Originally Posted by Weisbeck View Post
DUDE JUST GOT RAGE SPEC! NOT SAYING ITS THE TOP SPEC OR ANYTHING BUT IF YOU GO RAGE YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER SPELL LIKE FORCE LEAP AND YOU CAN JUST JUMP BACK UP TO HIM.... PROBLEM SOLVED. Give it a shot
Obliterate has a 10m range, I don't think it will get you back on top of a platform if you get knocked off.

comeonucrazyguy
03.02.2012 , 08:17 AM | #17
*SIGH*

Yet another 'Marauders Suck' post. Even if you try to position it otherwise, this is essentially what it is. And, as is pointed out above, none of your complaints are legitimate. You can deny it, you can ignore it, you can seek confirmation from the others like you who do not play the class correctly, but these issues are your fault.

No class has a counter for EVERY situation that arises. Your job, as with any class, is to avoid bad situations and maximize your ability in good ones. It's called s.t.r.a.t.e.g.y.

Disrupt is not instant cast...lol. Wow.

FeeFiFoFum
03.02.2012 , 08:23 AM | #18
The problems you are having with disruption are either that you didnt have enough rage or the ability is not able to be interrupted. Snipers have some of these and ive noticed there are certain times sorcs do too.

hadoken
03.02.2012 , 08:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FeeFiFoFum View Post
The problems you are having with disruption are either that you didnt have enough rage or the ability is not able to be interrupted. Snipers have some of these and ive noticed there are certain times sorcs do too.
Snipers can't be interrupted at all if behind cover. So yea, if that's what's attempted to be interrupted it won't work at all. Commandos/Mercs can make their absorb shield give them interrupt immunity as well.

EasymodeX
03.02.2012 , 08:33 AM | #20
Did someone call for a bro?
I can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do. Real things!