Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Awesome!

Reryn
03.02.2012 , 02:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
i make an assumption because you are completely ignorant of how the loot rules work. besides its usually better to "gear up" in hardmode anyway.
I'm aware that the loot is always RNG, but it still lets you select master looter because it's bugged. Even though it's RNG, I ended up with two columi head pieces and the operative we brought along got nothing, I have a rakata head piece so I don't need the columi head piece. The system is *********** jacked up.

Also we where using normal mode to get columi pieces for our guys who just hit 50, some of them alts. You aren't running hardmode when 3 people are geared and the rest aren't even an avg of 124.

So ****, you're wrong.
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!

Reryn
03.02.2012 , 02:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eschleepy View Post
What we found worked out is use the roll system for the gear (need greed pass) and have just one person loot the boss with auto loot and area loot turned off. He then would announce what the loot was and say if it was sorc main hands, they would say if they needed it or not and he would click the piece on the boss, the loot window pops up and they would both roll need. Or if they didnt need it, everyone could roll greed for companion gear or whatever. Works good for us and moves along nicely when you get used to it.
That's an awesome way to do it!

Martvor
03.02.2012 , 02:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eschleepy View Post
What we found worked out is use the roll system for the gear (need greed pass) and have just one person loot the boss with auto loot and area loot turned off. He then would announce what the loot was and say if it was sorc main hands, they would say if they needed it or not and he would click the piece on the boss, the loot window pops up and they would both roll need. Or if they didnt need it, everyone could roll greed for companion gear or whatever. Works good for us and moves along nicely when you get used to it.

Thank you.
going to try this on our next alt/newbies normal run.

Daluu
03.02.2012 , 02:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Reryn View Post
I'm aware that the loot is always RNG, but it still lets you select master looter because it's bugged. Even though it's RNG, I ended up with two columi head pieces and the operative we brought along got nothing, I have a rakata head piece so I don't need the columi head piece. The system is *********** jacked up.

Also we where using normal mode to get columi pieces for our guys who just hit 50, some of them alts. You aren't running hardmode when 3 people are geared and the rest aren't even an avg of 124.

So ****, you're wrong.
Normal mode loot is auto distributed... You complain as if you don't know that. There is nothing you can do about it. You chose to do normal mode so don't complain when the loot system does what it does to everyone.

And if you have done HMs you would know they aren't hard at all. You could easily have done them with your group. And chosen who got what pieces of loot. I mean seriously, the encounters are a push over.

Daluu
03.02.2012 , 02:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Martvor View Post
Thank you.
going to try this on our next alt/newbies normal run.
Won't work. How hard is it for people to understand that normal mode gear is auto distributed?? Yea, its F***ed up, but thats how it works.

Exertim
03.02.2012 , 04:34 AM | #16
Have the people that are the same class as the guy you want to gear exit area before a boss dies. It's bothersome to do it after every boss but that's a work around that's always worked for us.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

DeadlyScythe
03.02.2012 , 04:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Reryn View Post
Ran all the way through EV normal mode for some of our new 50's and the game assigned most of the Columi pieces to the geared half of the raid and they already had the pieces!!!

We tried master looter and it still assigned most of the Columi pieces to people who already had them!!!

Awesome!!!!!

/punchfaceBW_middlefinger = true
sorry but i realy had 2 laugh about this. hehe

Normal mode raids do not give rollable tier pieces. the only things you can roll on are alloys and schematics. the boss itself is like a champion bag. There is a random chance you can loot token that is assigned towards you.

You only roll for tokens and gear on Hard mode and nightmare.

Sorry reryn but i realy had 2 laugh about this didn't knew if serious or just sarcasm
Can't read my english? Blame the Dutch.....

Alexandros Commando Trooper
guild - Neutron Star Legion of Lettow- EU

Felcat
03.02.2012 , 05:06 AM | #18
Would you have felt better if it was a standard Need/Greed system and the bosses coughed up tons of drops no one could use?

You can either have dead drops from a totally random loot system (Yey, more Str gear for the Marauder we don't have) or you can have the system give loot that is always "correct" for you, but given to set people.

Dead drops are dead drops.

Aritok
03.02.2012 , 06:04 AM | #19
If we want to gear player with normal raids, we just make sure there is no other class in the raid.

Lat time we wanted to gear up a sage and a sentinal. So we just made sure all other are only trooper and smuggler. This way they get at least all the loot for their classes for 100%
Combined with the strange random loot to give out more loot for the least joined class (felt this way), it is alot loot for these two. At least they got more than enough to make it worth the time for both raids.

If you want to gear up only few player, this is the best way to do it.

Reryn
03.02.2012 , 06:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Felcat View Post
Would you have felt better if it was a standard Need/Greed system and the bosses coughed up tons of drops no one could use?

You can either have dead drops from a totally random loot system (Yey, more Str gear for the Marauder we don't have) or you can have the system give loot that is always "correct" for you, but given to set people.

Dead drops are dead drops.
The bosses do cough up tons of gear no one can use because it gives the items to people who don't need the item. Random drops are fine, but it's just rubbing it in peoples faces by not allowing the person who needs it to get it.