Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Awesome!

Reryn
03.02.2012 , 12:14 AM | #1
Ran all the way through EV normal mode for some of our new 50's and the game assigned most of the Columi pieces to the geared half of the raid and they already had the pieces!!!

We tried master looter and it still assigned most of the Columi pieces to people who already had them!!!

Awesome!!!!!

/punchfaceBW_middlefinger = true
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!

reaperkeepet
03.02.2012 , 12:17 AM | #2
I love bosses and raiding in this game... Something so exciting about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Eschleepy
03.02.2012 , 12:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by reaperkeepet View Post
I love bosses and raiding in this game... Something so exciting about it.
I WANTED to love raiding in swtor. But its soooo lacking to me. I was never in any sort of top 100 world guild or anything of the sorts in WoW. I never cleared a tier content on heroic mode. Knocked out quite a few of them but never those really hard fights. Swtor? In one month of raiding (2 nights a week) everything is cleared on nightmare mode. And in fact this week we cleared everything in one night.

Most of the difficulty coming from bosses being buggy IE Garj swiping behind him, sometimes hitting people for absurd amounts(tank got hit for 54k) SOA,well.....yeah, lets try to keep this to one page, switches breaking on Vault and having to clear trash like 3 times, karaga with his magical 60yard explosion range on his explosion phase. Its definitely properly named nightmare mode! And so we're left scratching our heads and asking 'Now what do we do?' Honestly, I miss raiding 3 nights a week and pushing hard content that was difficult because it required coordination and skill, not rolling rng for bugs to go off on encounters. Gearing out my companions in rakata gear isnt fun to me. Just my opinion though.

livnthedream
03.02.2012 , 12:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eschleepy View Post
I WANTED to love raiding in swtor. But its soooo lacking to me. I was never in any sort of top 100 world guild or anything of the sorts in WoW. I never cleared a tier content on heroic mode. Knocked out quite a few of them but never those really hard fights. Swtor? In one month of raiding (2 nights a week) everything is cleared on nightmare mode. And in fact this week we cleared everything in one night.

Most of the difficulty coming from bosses being buggy IE Garj swiping behind him, sometimes hitting people for absurd amounts(tank got hit for 54k) SOA,well.....yeah, lets try to keep this to one page, switches breaking on Vault and having to clear trash like 3 times, karaga with his magical 60yard explosion range on his explosion phase. Its definitely properly named nightmare mode! And so we're left scratching our heads and asking 'Now what do we do?' Honestly, I miss raiding 3 nights a week and pushing hard content that was difficult because it required coordination and skill, not rolling rng for bugs to go off on encounters. Gearing out my companions in rakata gear isnt fun to me. Just my opinion though.
an opinion many of us share.

@op perhaps you will rage less once you understand the loot system. with the kind of group you are describing you should have been running on hard (normal) mode instead of normal (easy).

Reryn
03.02.2012 , 12:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
an opinion many of us share.

@op perhaps you will rage less once you understand the loot system. with the kind of group you are describing you should have been running on hard (normal) mode instead of normal (easy).
We've run hard modes, I've run hard/nightmare modes, were do you get that I haven't run that sutff and what does it have to do with what I said? We took some under-geared guildies through a normal run and both round robin and master looter where messed up and cheating our newbs out of gear. What does that have to do with other bugs or ease of raids?

Don't make assumptions, makes you look like an ***.

Eschleepy
03.02.2012 , 01:15 AM | #6
What we found worked out is use the roll system for the gear (need greed pass) and have just one person loot the boss with auto loot and area loot turned off. He then would announce what the loot was and say if it was sorc main hands, they would say if they needed it or not and he would click the piece on the boss, the loot window pops up and they would both roll need. Or if they didnt need it, everyone could roll greed for companion gear or whatever. Works good for us and moves along nicely when you get used to it.

livnthedream
03.02.2012 , 01:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Reryn View Post
We've run hard modes, I've run hard/nightmare modes, were do you get that I haven't run that sutff and what does it have to do with what I said? We took some under-geared guildies through a normal run and both round robin and master looter where messed up and cheating our newbs out of gear. What does that have to do with other bugs or ease of raids?

Don't make assumptions, makes you look like an ***.
i make an assumption because you are completely ignorant of how the loot rules work. besides its usually better to "gear up" in hardmode anyway.

DaveMash
03.02.2012 , 01:58 AM | #8
You were there for the first time and you complain, that you didn't get what you wanted?

*facepalm*
It's a trap!

Twuntage
03.02.2012 , 02:02 AM | #9
Tis what happens when you raid faceroll content (aka Normal), loot is RNG unless you raid hardmode of nightmare.

Get over it!

LFR ------> THAT way!
Twuntage Rakata hoe
Bloodtworthy PVP EU
16 man Nightmare EV/KP mode farmer
Not failing since 2005

Reryn
03.02.2012 , 02:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DaveMash View Post
You were there for the first time and you complain, that you didn't get what you wanted?

*facepalm*
who said it was my first time there? I'm geared.

You failed to read or comprehend what was written.