Capes and cowboy hats, what.

halfhourofpower

Its that time again, folks. Time for my monthly show of disatisfaction with the lack of variety between all of the endgame armour sets that the smugglers have. Currently, what I have to look forward to is: more capes. Thats right. A new cape in different colours with a different pattern. *facedesk* Can't wait until 1.2.

The hat isn't bad but like most headgear is looks pretty darn silly with Twielik.

I hate HAAAAATE the cape. Can't wait for the patch where I can yank all the mods out of the Columi gear. I don't want to lose the 2 piece set bonus but the 4-piece +5 energy (+5%) is pretty worthless. I'll keep the gloves and boots for the 2-piece and lose the rest. Besides the thigh-high boots look pretty nice on a female character. ;)

The whole reason I wanted to play a Gunslinger. (I clearly didn't have a clue what I was getting myself into not playing a Jedi or a Trooper :c)

http://i.imgur.com/r1bLA.png

They give you that eye candy, and now we look like matadors. I don't MIND the cowboy hat, but I do mind the silly *** cape and the diva boots.

To be honest, I don't know what they did with the armor. Sage/Shadow PvP look alright, the samurai Jedi Knight helm is weird, the trooper armor looks pretty ******. Our stuff looks like we should have been given a Mexican Hat Dance emote.

Not quite sure where their creative department was at when they made all of this.

Edited by Ukita

I think that one is probably my favorite trailer.

The hat in that trailer looks pretty good but the Columi one has a chin strap/face mask that sorta kills the look. Any hat with a brim is gonna suck for a Twielik though. Lekku sticking up through the hat, okay they made holes in it. Lekku sticking up through the hat and then down through the rim... not so good. The hat in the trailer I think would look pretty good on any other race though.

I haven't seen them on a male character but I imagine the thigh-high boots would look not so good.

Edited by Quilland

I actually don't mind twi'leks wearing hats. I imagine there are holes in the hats and on the rim for the lekku. I wish they could wear robes, though; just let the lekku drape over the torso, like Mission Vao.

Anyway, while I hate the capes, I love the hats. I do not like the masks and chinstraps that they come with -- just give me the hat.

The hat looks like it's modeled after what the Sith lords wore 10,000 years before this even happened. So at least it was based off of something. I don't remember, ANYWHERE in Star Wars where Han wore a pancho.

Nobody who plays a Smuggler gets to complain about the look. It's just not allowed. Sorry. You're going in the penalty booth.

Not when Jedi Consulars get ball gowns with bananas on them and Sith Inquisitors get coneheads and horns.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19765-operations-gear-preview/page-4

LuLz...so true. That gear is hideous, but at least they get top level utility and excellent survivability (GS here).

I think the problem (well... what exacerbates the real problem, namely baaaddd in-game stuff) is that Blur makes such outrageously good cinematics. They did cinematics for DC Online too that were the best superhero movies I've ever seen, and they were just trailers. For a game.

But the geniuses at Blur were probably not consulted when it came to designing the actual player armor, so now we have cinematics that have wall to wall coolness - just check out the Alderaan war trailer too, everybody looks un-be-lievably cool, from the troopers via the Jedi to the Sith - and then we have the game with very nearly wall to wall "oh my God, I have to wear THAT?"

Edited by Nexdine

I actually think if you didn't wear the shoulders or the Counselor's gloves, or if you could set it not to show in game, the Counselors and Inquisitor end gear stuff wouldn't look that bad. I can see how some people might not like the masters' and mystics' hats, but I don't mind those so much as the shoulders and gloves.

The Sith warrior gear has some odd shoulders and boots. I think they were trying to go for a Vader look with the helm, but it almost needs something else.

I think they were going for a musketeer look for the smuggler, but yeah, I'm not sure it works. Maybe they should have given the Sith warrior the cape, and left the smuggler without.

Edited by Bytemite

I find its easier to tolerate the wild west by pretending I'm playing a Fire Fly game instead of Star Wars

At least firefly didnt have Anakin ;)

And it did have better clothing than swtor (I'm looking at you 1.2)...