Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't launch.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielWooly
03.01.2012 , 11:35 PM | #11
I don't know what's happening but I hope it's fixed soon, I have tried everything that anyone has recommended. Only just got the game! Not even created a charachter yet!

Smaois
03.01.2012 , 11:36 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielWooly View Post
I've just re downloaded and tried again. Still the same. I've already tried re installing, but no luck. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Greetings DanielWooly,

Have you completed the troubleshooting in this post?

Quote: Originally Posted by Insomnio View Post
I just tried to launch the game, and the launcher will not start. It worked earlier today. Located in the US, Detroit.
Greetings Insomnio,

Is there a launcher.exe process running in your Task Manager?

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

DanielWooly
03.02.2012 , 12:06 AM | #13
Yeah I've done all in the troubleshoot, I've also read quite a few other threads. It seems that people having the same problem as me (launcher not working at all, with no error messages, just the process running in task manager), either deleting the patch folder and running fixlauncher works, or if it doesn't then nothing does.

Worst thing about my situation is, I've installed straight from the discs and never even had the game up and running. It must be something to do with my own PC, but I don't know what, I'm pretty sure it meets spec, and I'm guessing even if it didn't, the launcher would still run! It's all up to date, and there are no errors! I pride myself on keeping my machine that way!

DanielWooly
03.02.2012 , 12:25 AM | #14
I've just tried launching windows in safe mode with networking, then gone through all the same steps. Running the setup.exe again, deleting patch folder, fixlauncher. Still no joy.

Smaois
03.02.2012 , 12:30 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DanielWooly,

Do you have any programs running in the background?

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

DanielWooly
03.02.2012 , 12:32 AM | #16
Well I didn't have any in safe mode. I will usually have a few, Skype, Steam etc. I've ended them all though. Still nothing! Weird or what? I'll keep trying though, any more suggestions?

Hyppyrotta
03.02.2012 , 12:38 AM | #17
have you tried installing the game in different folder than the default one?

DanielWooly
03.02.2012 , 12:45 AM | #18
No i've not tried that? Does that have a history of working? I think I'm gonna remove it and re-install anyway, can't do any harm! The next thing is to install from download rather than disc, but that'll take so long! Hence the reason I bough a hard copy in the 1st place!

Hyppyrotta
03.02.2012 , 12:47 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielWooly View Post
No i've not tried that? Does that have a history of working? I think I'm gonna remove it and re-install anyway, can't do any harm! The next thing is to install from download rather than disc, but that'll take so long! Hence the reason I bough a hard copy in the 1st place!
nope, just hought it might be windows 7/vista file permission problem and it is just preventing you from makin changes to program files or something stupid like that

edit: do you have visual c++ and .net installed? the launcher uses those I think, you should find them in the swtor disc 1.

DanielWooly
03.02.2012 , 12:56 AM | #20
Yeah, I've double checked and I've downloaded all windows updates, plus if they were already on disc 1, I've done a full install. Who knows, just re-installing now, gonna go through any programs I've got installed that I never use, delete those, just in case they're clashing.