Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Swtor won't run!!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Schrub's Avatar


Schrub
03.01.2012 , 07:23 PM | #1
Bioware, I have a problem. I installed my SWTOR yesterday, but didn't have a chance to play it yet. I went to play it today and waited for it to load. Once it was done I hit play and it made the Icon that it was loading. It gave me a black screen like it was going to start, but then went back to my desktop. I repeatedly had this problem upon trying to play. I have a Vista computer. Please help! I've been waiting to play this game for a month!!
Schrub
The Convex Legacy
Revolution

Smaois's Avatar


Smaois
03.01.2012 , 07:26 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Schrub,

Have you completed the troubleshooting in this post?

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Schrub's Avatar


Schrub
03.01.2012 , 08:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Smaois View Post
Greetings Schrub,

Have you completed the troubleshooting in this post?
Hi Smaois,
I have tried all of those and It doesn't work yet. I'm not sure what I'm going to do since my subscription is running out! Please help!
Schrub
The Convex Legacy
Revolution

Ratae's Avatar


Ratae
03.01.2012 , 08:54 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Schrub,

Please make sure that the launcher is set to run with Administrative privileges and try running the repair launcher option.

If this does not help, could you please post your Dxdiag and Client log here to enable us to investigate further?
  • Client Logs. These logs are useful if you are experiencing issues after you have clicked ‘Play’ on the launcher and for in-game technical issues. In a default installation these files can be found here:
    • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs
    • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs
    Example file name: Client_20111116T155258_901721.log

Please post the reports within code tags or spoiler tags

Thank you for your help.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

jessenj's Avatar


jessenj
03.09.2012 , 11:19 AM | #5
Did you ever get a response to this? I just got done installing the game from scratch for the first time, let it run through the updates, and when I try to run, I get the exact same thing. I have the latest of everything so I'm really getting frustrated and annoyed.

Tirvaak's Avatar


Tirvaak
03.09.2012 , 11:39 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by jessenj View Post
Did you ever get a response to this? I just got done installing the game from scratch for the first time, let it run through the updates, and when I try to run, I get the exact same thing. I have the latest of everything so I'm really getting frustrated and annoyed.

Hi jessenj,

Sorry to hear you are encountering this problem. Can I ask you just to confirm that you have viewed the link that my colleague Smaois has linked in the other post in this thread and confirm that you have tried all of the steps outlined in the link.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

BigBadJamal's Avatar


BigBadJamal
03.11.2012 , 02:02 AM | #7
hey guys this same thing is happening to me i have checked everything out on the above link it just crashes/ gos back to desktop when i load swtor

Brellon's Avatar


Brellon
03.11.2012 , 02:31 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello BigBadJamal,

If the steps outlined in the previous posts did not help with the crashes, please try to run the launcher.exe and swtor.exe in Compatibility Mode Windows XP SP3.

Also please remove and then re-add the exceptions for both files in your firewall and anti-virus. This is sometimes necessary after they have been changed in the process of patching for example.

Please let us know if your issue stills persists.
Brellon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

AltairTheI's Avatar


AltairTheI
03.16.2012 , 10:19 PM | #9
Hey all,

I have a friend who is having the same exact problem. He has all the minimum system requirements and such, he's running on windows vista, and he installed the game and everything perfectly but once he signed in, patched up and hit play, he got a black flash on his screen and then nothing else happened. I made sure his java is completely up to date, reinstalled the game twice, shut off his computer, and everything else in my field of knowledge and still no dice. It'd be great if we could find some help, thanks a lot!

Consular Jaiko

Smaois's Avatar


Smaois
03.16.2012 , 10:27 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by AltairTheI View Post
Hey all,

I have a friend who is having the same exact problem. He has all the minimum system requirements and such, he's running on windows vista, and he installed the game and everything perfectly but once he signed in, patched up and hit play, he got a black flash on his screen and then nothing else happened. I made sure his java is completely up to date, reinstalled the game twice, shut off his computer, and everything else in my field of knowledge and still no dice. It'd be great if we could find some help, thanks a lot!

Consular Jaiko
Greetings AltairTheI,

Please ask your friend to contact us directly to allow us to troubleshoot the issue.

Your friend can post here or contact our Customer Service team by phone or email.

If your friend chooses to contact us via email, please ask them to send the email from the address associated to their SWTOR.com account and include a full description of the issue and the troubleshooting carried out.Please also ask them to send the email to support@swtor.com.

Please see this page for information regarding how to contact us by phone.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support