Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for Hard mode

DosPeros
03.01.2012 , 12:56 PM | #1
Level 50 PVP Battlemaster looking to PVE on hardmode Flashpoints.

I have not run any Flashpoints, other than a couple of low level ones in normal mode,and I have no idea how many it takes and which are the best runs to do in hard mode. I have looked at the forum guides and while they provided information about the specific flashpoints I am not sure about how to begin.

I have a group of four players, all PVPer's. I am assuming it takes at least 8 if not more for a Hard mode and a full Ops group for Nightmare. Is this correct?

Any suggestions on how to get a group? Or are their any guides on a recommended group composition?

Any help would be great.

Battilea
03.01.2012 , 02:02 PM | #2
The Flashpoints are 4 man content. So for a flashpoint HM, you'll be fine with 4. Easiest ones are BT and FE, though BP and Foundry are pretty simple as well, especially since, if you've PvPed a bunch, you probably have pretty good gear. Battle of Ilum is pretty simple other than the second boss. Kaon isn't that bad once you get used to what the various Rak mobs do. D7 is probably the hardest, with one boss often bugging (depending on classes brought, can be sort of worked around), the next being a decent DPS check, and the last being a pretty hectic fight.

The Operations are for 8 to 16 people. Normal, Hard, and Nightmare are not impacted by this, there's 8 and 16 man versions of each.

DosPeros
03.02.2012 , 10:39 AM | #3
Thanks I appreciate the help!

so operations are different from flashpoints?

Iwipe
03.02.2012 , 10:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DosPeros View Post
Thanks I appreciate the help!

so operations are different from flashpoints?
Yes, operations are 8 or 16 man. Flashpoints are 4 man.

Operations are raids in the traditional MMO sense. Flashpoints are just party dungeons.