Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Desktop Hardware Q&A


Veilshatter's Avatar


Veilshatter
02.20.2012 , 10:24 PM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexil View Post
Hey guys, I just want to know what I could do to help performance in game. I'm not sure where I'm lacking. Here are my computer's specs...

AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-core Processor 2.20 Ghz

Ram: 4.50 GB

Window Visa 32 bit

Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce 9800 gt

Any intelligent and helpful advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance. =)
You need to upgrade to a 64-bit OS. You should reinstall VIsta to 64-bit the code you have will work for 32-bit or 64-bit. You have about 2Gb of RAM sitting there not doing anything because of the limitations of 32-bit it has a max system ram of 3Gb. with your current ram and your video card you are at 5Gb of system RAM.
AMD 1100T X6 3.3 Ghz, 12 Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX 580 1.5 Gb GDDR5

Veilshatter's Avatar


Veilshatter
02.20.2012 , 10:30 PM | #702
Quote: Originally Posted by Msicr View Post
Hello, I have some really bad problems in the game,I have 8-18 fps in game, no matter where i am, i dont know if its the computer or something else, i have everything on low and off , my rez is on 800x600, i have to actually aim the camera down to be able to play, please give me some advice to boost my fps or if there may be some problems with my computer specs/swtor installation.


I can play wow with 1600x800 rez and everything on high exept shadows and liquids quialty ,with 20-30 fps, so i think its wierd that i not even can play this game on 800x600 rez and everything on low, i have also tried with game booster and such but no improvments.

Here are my Computer specs:

Intel Celeron T3100 1.90 GHZ Dual Core CPU
NVIDIA Geforce 8200M G
Windows 7 64bit
4gb RAM
Yep. Your at Bare minimum specs. In fact your CPU is under minimum requirements. Thus being why.
AMD 1100T X6 3.3 Ghz, 12 Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX 580 1.5 Gb GDDR5

Zadtro's Avatar


Zadtro
02.21.2012 , 04:38 AM | #703
Quote: Originally Posted by blowmedown View Post
I would drop down to the i5 2500k and drop the fan controller. Also the quad rail PSU is a ?
Thankyou for the advice, I have made some changes:

Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard: ASUS® P8Z68-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6870 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER
Sound Card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Monitor: IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables: 1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE

RevansFollower's Avatar


RevansFollower
02.21.2012 , 06:42 PM | #704
Ok, new question. Just saw the Radeon 7770 and 7750 release. Should I wait a couple months for the 78xx cards or take the plunge?
Never forget the OPOD .

Hostility's Avatar


Hostility
02.22.2012 , 05:21 PM | #705
Hey guys, I just finished getting all of the parts for my PC build. Tell me what you think of it!

Processor: AMD FX-4100

MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157262

graphics card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...682&CatId=3669

RAM: 8 gig Corsair Vengeance

Power Supply: 500W Corsair

Harddrive: 500gig Western Digital Caviar Blue(7200 rpm)

Xrazor's Avatar


Xrazor
02.22.2012 , 05:21 PM | #706
Quote: Originally Posted by RevansFollower View Post
Ok, new question. Just saw the Radeon 7770 and 7750 release. Should I wait a couple months for the 78xx cards or take the plunge?
The new 77xx stuff isn't that stellar. They fall somewhere in between the 6770 and 6870s in terms of performance, but for close to the cost of a 6850/70 card. Better option is a 68xx card for the money IF ATI is what you're into.

Personally I prefer the GTX 460s from nVidia. They fall in between the 550ti and 560 cards, all for about $140-$150 each if you shop around. They're being phased out so that people buy the 550ti which is a lot slower or the 560 which is faster, but not by a whole lot to justify the $75 cost difference between one and a 460 1gb.

If you ask me the 77xx series is epic fail

Xrazor's Avatar


Xrazor
02.22.2012 , 05:25 PM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
Hey guys, I just finished getting all of the parts for my PC build. Tell me what you think of it!

Processor: AMD FX-4100

MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157262

graphics card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...682&CatId=3669

RAM: 8 gig Corsair Vengeance

Power Supply: 500W Corsair

Harddrive: 500gig Western Digital Caviar Blue(7200 rpm)
I'd never have spent a dime on anything from AMD at the moment. The last generation of AMD CPUs are faster and better than the bulldozer stuff. A solid 1155 socket Intel board with even an i3 2120 3.3Ghz would outperform the 4100 in gaming, and it's a dual core processor that smokes the majority of what AMD has to offer in quad-core CPUs up to the $200 range even. And the i3 2120 is just $120. I know because I upgraded my son's aging 9750 Phenom 2.4ghz machine with one and a GTX 460 and this game runs fantastic now on it. Best option overall would have been an i5 2500k if it was in your price range with a P67 MB.

What you ended up with isn't the worst you could have done, but at present AMD can't compete with Intel with much of anything that they have. Most any latest iCore CPUs (1155 socket) would have been the best route for gaming.

blowmedown's Avatar


blowmedown
02.22.2012 , 05:38 PM | #708
Quote: Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
Hey guys, I just finished getting all of the parts for my PC build. Tell me what you think of it!

Processor: AMD FX-4100

MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157262

graphics card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...682&CatId=3669

RAM: 8 gig Corsair Vengeance

Power Supply: 500W Corsair

Harddrive: 500gig Western Digital Caviar Blue(7200 rpm)
That CPU is very bad for gaming a i3 2130 will perform with anything AMD has.

http://budget-gaming-computers.com/g...ing-chart.html

Hostility's Avatar


Hostility
02.22.2012 , 05:39 PM | #709
Actually, the processor and graphics cards are the only parts I HAVEN'T gotten yet haha I was just planning on getting them within the next week or so. So any input on an alternative graphics card or processor is greatly welcomed. I was just told that the amd fx 4100 was one of the best out there for it's price.

Other than that, how does the rest of the build stack up? And what other processors/graphics cards with a similar performance would you guys recommend?

blowmedown's Avatar


blowmedown
02.22.2012 , 05:40 PM | #710
Quote: Originally Posted by Xrazor View Post
I'd never have spent a dime on anything from AMD at the moment. The last generation of AMD CPUs are faster and better than the bulldozer stuff. A solid 1155 socket Intel board with even an i3 2120 3.3Ghz would outperform the 4100 in gaming, and it's a dual core processor that smokes the majority of what AMD has to offer in quad-core CPUs up to the $200 range even. And the i3 2120 is just $120. I know because I upgraded my son's aging 9750 Phenom 2.4ghz machine with one and a GTX 460 and this game runs fantastic now on it. Best option overall would have been an i5 2500k if it was in your price range with a P67 MB.

What you ended up with isn't the worst you could have done, but at present AMD can't compete with Intel with much of anything that they have. Most any latest iCore CPUs (1155 socket) would have been the best route for gaming.
I aprove this message as per my above post a i3 2130 will match anything AMD makes.
The i3 2100 will out do the 4100