Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Desktop Hardware Q&A

Znaus
12.13.2011 , 12:20 PM | #21
Will my laptop be able to run it?
Acer Aspire 5742G
Ram : 3 GB
Processor : Intel Core i5-460M 2.53 GHz
Graphic: Nvidia GeForce GT 420M

Veilshatter
12.13.2011 , 12:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Znaus View Post
Will my laptop be able to run it?
Acer Aspire 5742G
Ram : 3 GB
Processor : Intel Core i5-460M 2.53 GHz
Graphic: Nvidia GeForce GT 420M

Ya, your laptop will be fine for it.

Colobulous
12.13.2011 , 12:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by guevararicardo View Post
The cutscene voices are fine but the facials dont keep up. When I was fighting It shows like 2 strikes and sometimes they just drop dead after 1. I right click to loot and it takes like 3 secs for my character to do it. Same thing when I'm walking, just doesn't seem fluid if that makes any sense
That sounds more like a server lag issue than anything else, I'd just go with it being a problem for the server and you'll have to wait for them to work out the kinks.

If it were some other day, I might credit it to another problem, but today, yeah, server problems.

Gildah
12.13.2011 , 12:48 PM | #24
Well here is a hardware question i do have though not 100% game related. I am building a me computer for the game and plan on having an ssd hard drive and then 2 others in raid 0. I plan on putting windows on the ssd and not sure where I should put star wars any suggestions. The ssd will be a sata 3 and 120 gig

Spots
12.13.2011 , 12:57 PM | #25
So just a tip for people running the game off of laptops. If you want to save your battery life and reduce heating, I recommend the following:

-If you're using your laptop for extended periods, remove the battery and plug it into the AC adapter. Heat is a large contributor to reducing the battery life. Plus, every time you turn your computer on with the ac connector plugged in (regardless of if the battery is full), it begins a cycle. The lifetime of your battery is longer, if you minimize the number of cycles. Prop a book under the back to keep the fan from resting directly on the desk/lap.

-buy a lap/desk cooling pad, such as the Belkin one. It raises your computer off your desk/lap and keeps it cooler.

-clean out your fan if it's an old laptop...
Train yourself to let go of sleep you fear to lose
-Good Job Bioware

Johnsevenfold
12.13.2011 , 12:59 PM | #26
how well will this run tor

processor intel core i7-2600
8 GB of ram
Amd radeon 6770

Flaky
12.13.2011 , 01:02 PM | #27
Hey i'm lagging hard- literally just quit because i could not actually get through a door du to lag in game especially inside buildings. I've upladed a picture of my dx diag to imgur see link below. Just wondering what is making me lag so much and how to improve it. (laptop)

http://i.imgur.com/C95Me.png

Colobulous
12.13.2011 , 01:04 PM | #28
Try updating your graphics card drivers, but seriously, somebody open a laptop thread.

Flaky
12.13.2011 , 01:08 PM | #29
They're fully updated , should this in theory run it fine??... :@ :@ this is making me rage ...

Colobulous
12.13.2011 , 01:16 PM | #30
Run it fine? I would not say that, your chipset is low-mid range from 2 generations past, on a laptop with a comparatively weaker CPU.

Turn down or off every setting you can. It won't run great, but you might find what's causing a particular issue. I remember something about Bloom, but I'm not sure.