Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Desktop Hardware Q&A

Rukhh
12.20.2011 , 07:43 PM | #201
I've got a quick question around loading times (ie, when arriving at a planet, going into a warzone). I bought a Vertex 3 SSD, which only has the O/S and SWTOR on it. My motherboard is only SATA2, so I recognize I'm not getting the full benefit of a SATA3 SSD, but I'm still seeing 30-45 second loading times. Is that normal? Are you guys seeing roughly the same?

I am running on AHCI, my Windows Experience is showing a 7.7 for data transfer, and my AS SSD scores 430.

Does that look about right?

Thanks very much.

Colobulous
12.20.2011 , 07:44 PM | #202
How is your boot time into Windows?

Have you checked for an update to your motherboard's BIOS?

Looked up a guide to SSD performance tuning?

Colobulous
12.20.2011 , 07:45 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrandria View Post
Video card AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1GB DDR5

PLEASE, if this wont run the game on high definition, can you tell me so i can cancel the order or at least ask for a refund before the delivery, my father doesnt have much money but star wars is something we build our relationship on and i don't wanna disappoint him....

Thanx in advance guyz...

I saw that the 2GB version of the videocard would cost 200 bucks more, would that help if the 1GB is not good enough ?
That video card sucks, you should not be paying 200 bucks more for it. But that price might be for a much better graphics card.

The 6490M is low-level though. I would not recommend it.

Colobulous
12.20.2011 , 07:47 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by WrathofTheJedi View Post
- above is the link to the computer i have im not sure if the uma graphics card would be better stock or with the graphics card because the stock has no dedicated ram but the the x1900 is so old.
And it sucks, you should look into replacing it as soon as possible.

runandhide
12.21.2011 , 12:13 AM | #205
I posted earlier about need some new parts for my PC. I have a dell Inspiron 537 pc. It's a smaller case even though the inside looks pretty open. I have to make sure the parts will fit. i'm looking to spend around 300.00. I need to upgrade my power supply (currently running a 300w) and the video card. tell me if the following two options are good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139006

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161384

Any advice on parts is welcome..

Nuhhea
12.21.2011 , 07:56 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrandria View Post
Hey guyz ' got a quick question and need a response in a hurry, lemme explain:

Been a fan of star wars since i'm a lil girl like most of us, was playing it sincefirst day of Early game access and as my rig is way too old, my father just told me he'd buy me a new one so i can play the game with maxx graphics on my hd tv... Thing is, he just bought it without asking me and i have no idea if that would be possible, or even if the laptop will be able to run the game ! Here are some specs :

i7-2670QM 2.2 Ghz
Windows 7 64bits
Memory 6GB DDR3
Video card AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1GB DDR5

PLEASE, if this wont run the game on high definition, can you tell me so i can cancel the order or at least ask for a refund before the delivery, my father doesnt have much money but star wars is something we build our relationship on and i don't wanna disappoint him....

Thanx in advance guyz...

I saw that the 2GB version of the videocard would cost 200 bucks more, would that help if the 1GB is not good enough ?
Going to mimic what another poster said. You need a different video card. Is there a way to pick a totally different video card for your laptop?

Otherwise, the computer should run swtor pretty well. Just check on the video card.

Nuhhea
12.21.2011 , 08:01 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by runandhide View Post
I posted earlier about need some new parts for my PC. I have a dell Inspiron 537 pc. It's a smaller case even though the inside looks pretty open. I have to make sure the parts will fit. i'm looking to spend around 300.00. I need to upgrade my power supply (currently running a 300w) and the video card. tell me if the following two options are good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139006

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161384

Any advice on parts is welcome..
Your links don't work for me for some odd reason. Can you be a little more specific on parts? What your setup currently is would be nice as well.

I can't seem to find your post either in this thread...odd. O_o

Colobulous
12.21.2011 , 08:53 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by runandhide View Post
There is no way you should put 300 dollars into that PC. Set your price to about half that level, if anything, or save your money for a replacement.

And yes, your links are bad, so we can't check them, but if they are expensive parts, I'll say no.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nuhhea View Post
I can't seem to find your post either in this thread...odd. O_o
He had a post in its own thread, I vaguely remember it, but obviously finding it would be too much trouble.

cheeseo
12.21.2011 , 09:29 AM | #209
could this laptop play SWTOR:
Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Processor Type: Core i5
Processor Model: i5-480M
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Processor Core: Dual-core (2 Core)

Graphics Controller Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Graphics Controller Model: GeForce GT 540M
Graphics Memory Capacity: 1 GB

RAM: 4GB

cheers

taydan
12.21.2011 , 09:30 AM | #210
Hello,

My G5 mouse is not working with swtor. I dont even use profiles, I just have my buttons always set to behave a certain way, no matter what program I am running and they do not work inside the client.

Any suggestions as to what I should/can do?