Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tracer missle animation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
tracer missle animation?

Craylith
12.14.2011 , 07:02 AM | #11
I think a few days ago one of the devs said that they weren´t gonna make any big changes before the launch because they wouldn´t have the time to properly test it. And completely changing the animation of an attack would have been pretty big. But like people have already said: the devs know that people hate the animation and that they´re gonna change it. It´s just a matter of time.

Puggy
12.14.2011 , 07:49 AM | #12
Changing an attack animation shouldn't be a big change. It's just visual. Also, artists and programmers likely aren't busy because of launch. They have a Live Production team that handles server stuff and launch. The guys who actually built the game are mostly still working on updates.

Ritecud
12.14.2011 , 08:06 AM | #13
What's wrong with the animation? It's perfectly fine! Why would they change it?

Timohawk
12.14.2011 , 08:17 AM | #14
Its like your basic spam attack e.g:Fireball and looks stupid when your squating to take a dump every second.
The animations fine if its on a attack with a cooldown it just doesn't suit a spamable ability which is why people were asking them to swap the "Tracer Missile" animation with the "Fusion Missile" animation.
"what's the craziest thing you've done lately?"

Gendail
12.14.2011 , 08:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ritecud View Post
It's kind of like an internet meme. Funny or good the first two or 3 times you see or hear it. After that, you are tired of it and could die happy never seeing or hearing it again.

As tracer missile is one of the major attacks for a gunnery merc. Your hunting career is basically spent bent over. Not the most appealing or flattering position to be in for 90% of your time.

Atharch
12.14.2011 , 08:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ritecud View Post
I believe the reason is that a majority (based on the polls before the forum wipe) of Bounty Hunters - again, who were active before the wipe - simply thought that bending over to fire something from your jetpack repeatedly isn't aesthetically pleasing.

Ritecud
12.14.2011 , 09:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gendail View Post
As tracer missile is one of the major attacks for a gunnery merc. Your hunting career is basically spent bent over. Not the most appealing or flattering position to be in for 90% of your time.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I can sympathize with your viewpoint now.