Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comparing Items for Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Comparing Items for Companions

brusdaar
12.16.2011 , 05:23 AM | #1
I've been searching through the interface and the game options, and there doesn't appear to be a way to compare items with my current companions gear. So far I've been impressed with the systems but i'm surprised that this isn't one of them.

Because of this I'm finding myself not equipping any loot to my companions and sometimes I forget they are even there till I need to clear out my inventory.

If possible, it would be nice to have an extra window when hovering over loot, when you have any of your companions equipped.

paperbanjo
12.16.2011 , 05:24 AM | #2
There is an option.. can't remember where it is since the game isn't up and running but there is an option.
Run away, little girl. Run away!

Doobyman
12.16.2011 , 05:26 AM | #3
UI > Tooltips.

I can't believe you even looked tbh...

Heappestre
12.16.2011 , 05:27 AM | #4
There is an option, but it's not in a logical place (like most preferences)

It's either under UI or social (I think, will check when the servers are back)
Spelling isn't my strong point.

Swizzley
12.16.2011 , 05:29 AM | #5
I'm glad to hear this is a feature. This UI element has been driving me nuts as well. I will need to figure out how to turn it on when the servers come up. Thanks for the tips!

paperbanjo
12.16.2011 , 06:01 AM | #6
Preferences > User Interface > (Scroll down) Tooltip > Enable Companion Comparative Tooltips

Edit: Also should add that I think you need to have your companion selected in order for the comparison tooltip to come up. You're welcome.
Run away, little girl. Run away!