Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem and reverse engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem and reverse engineering

zanoff
12.16.2011 , 05:23 AM | #1
Does it matter if you reverse engineer a medpack stack of 1 or a stack of 5, 15, 20? I'm curious if a higher stack means a better chance at finding a better schematic.

Anyone tested this out?

VioletZero
12.16.2011 , 05:28 AM | #2
I thought this was a bug.

To answer your question, I highly doubt it. I mean, it doesn't have less chance than if you just reverse engineered each one individually. But it doesn't have a greater chance either.
I'm a thinker. I could break it down. I'm a shooter. A drastic baby.

Cragar
12.16.2011 , 05:40 AM | #3
I have had good success REing a stack as apposed to a single one.

zanoff
12.16.2011 , 05:41 AM | #4
So is the general consensus is if you want a better chance of finding schematics, it's best to break a stack into individuals and reverse engineer each one? So you have 15 chances instead of one, which I mistakenly did when I RE'd a 15 stack of medpacs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cragar View Post
I have had good success REing a stack as apposed to a single one.
This is actually what I'm afraid of, if it's better to RE a stack of 10 instead of an individual.

sefros
12.16.2011 , 05:55 AM | #5
I these are my avg's RE in biochem

lucky 1-3 avg 4-7 anything over that well it also happens.

but I always separate them, habbit I guess. Usually I only need 5 to make the next lvl green>blue>purple.

ArjinPax
12.16.2011 , 05:57 AM | #6
I have success with a stack of 5.

VioletZero
12.16.2011 , 05:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ArjinPax View Post
I have success with a stack of 5.
If I have five of an item, it doesn't matter whether I break the stack or not, I usually get a schematic from it.
I'm a thinker. I could break it down. I'm a shooter. A drastic baby.

sefros
12.16.2011 , 06:04 AM | #8
Ive actually been real lucky and most of my purples have come on the first or second try

Claymaniac
12.16.2011 , 06:12 AM | #9
I have more success doing stacks too, but who knows how that works. I have had success doing individuals for some recipes and some others(specially the lv8 endurance stim) I tried over 15 times individually with no luck until I just did a stack of 10 and it worked.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

RetsamWS
12.16.2011 , 07:17 AM | #10
I too can report better success in doing stacks. I did a stack of 5 Green medpacks (mainly to get the mats back), and discovered the Purple medpack recipe. Before that, I had done a couple individual Blue medpacks and didn't get the purple.

Of course this is a very small sampling, but if your going to RE them anyways might as well RE the stack.