Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who doesn't love Torian?

YolDovah
03.01.2012 , 08:47 PM | #11
ive not got to him yet with my BH but it wont matter as i love having my love interest with me mako or atleast until we get blood then i may use someone else but i doubt it she an my hunter just click they act of each other so well that it would seem weird not having mako by myside an its not for her healing either as im more then capable of looking after myself as tatooine just proved as while im questing ive got mako an the canner of doing crew skills an even that felt weird without makos lines.

mind you nothing beats the lines you hear on nar shaddaa by the fugitive trying to beg for his freedom near the cantina
Theirs also a heart to the Darkness

DarthBloodloss
03.01.2012 , 08:51 PM | #12
Not a big Torian fan. When I use a DPS companion I prefer ranged, and also there aren't any uber weapons for Torian. I have Gault with a Rakata rifle so easy choice for me.

Mako is still the best tho IMO.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Kikilicious
03.01.2012 , 11:18 PM | #13
I love him. I think Vector will be a close second for a romancable favorite (I have a weak spot for men who look like Phantoms, even if they are digital). I love how much he tries to prove himself, regardless of if you're male or female. He's adorable.

Quote:
But yes, Torian is amazing. Dat Johnny Yong Bosch! Mandalorians are always cool though. And I daresay, female BH's first flirt with him is arguably the coolest flirt in the game.
THIS. Didn't see it the first time, then it registered. Exited conversation, restarted, and got some cute lulz. Loved it.
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

LilTsar
03.02.2012 , 12:33 AM | #14
nothing personal, but i was so hoping this thread wouldn't go anywhere, because i despise torian. negative 80 affection and proud of it. useless little pretty boy... 'due's paid', oh gag. voice acting, please. a little husk does not a misunderstood tough heartthrob make. akaavi spar, now there's a mando. bathes in blood, baby. of course, my opinion probably doesnt count for anyone who does like him, because not only do i find Skadge hilarious and awesome, im actually not even that big on blizz. cute, yeah, but he never really adds to a convo in ay other way than 'look its a jawa!' type stuff. torian meanwhile detracts from everything, while mako, gault and Skadgey boy all interest and depth... uh, maybe not 'depth', but you know. for example, when darth ormen force chokes you (or mako if you have her out, so i hear), Skadge grumbles 'let's see him try it with his hands.': simple, yes, but perfectly fits that feeling of helpless, dumbfounded bitterness. one gets from a force choke, or really any stun. id love to know what torian does in that scene. seriously. im thinking about it now and cant even imagine what golden boy might say. act confused and shocked at the brutality, maybe sulk a bit? no, wait, he smolders, doesn't he? please don't tell me he steams!
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

Kikilicious
03.02.2012 , 12:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTsar View Post
nothing personal, but i was so hoping this thread wouldn't go anywhere, because i despise torian. negative 80 affection and proud of it. useless little pretty boy... 'due's paid', oh gag. voice acting, please. a little husk does not a misunderstood tough heartthrob make. akaavi spar, now there's a mando. bathes in blood, baby. of course, my opinion probably doesnt count for anyone who does like him, because not only do i find Skadge hilarious and awesome, im actually not even that big on blizz. cute, yeah, but he never really adds to a convo in ay other way than 'look its a jawa!' type stuff. torian meanwhile detracts from everything, while mako, gault and Skadgey boy all interest and depth... uh, maybe not 'depth', but you know. for example, when darth ormen force chokes you (or mako if you have her out, so i hear), Skadge grumbles 'let's see him try it with his hands.': simple, yes, but perfectly fits that feeling of helpless, dumbfounded bitterness. one gets from a force choke, or really any stun. id love to know what torian does in that scene. seriously. im thinking about it now and cant even imagine what golden boy might say. act confused and shocked at the brutality, maybe sulk a bit? no, wait, he smolders, doesn't he? please don't tell me he steams!
I lvoe all my companions. They all seem to have depth and personalities, regardless of the voice acting. And Torian is quite Mandalorian, in my opinion. Everyone is raised differently, remember that. They also don't let us see much of him, but rather the Mandalorian culture. We don't see his personality as much, as he takes pride in the Mandalorians because his father was a traitor. He'll probably gain more depth when tehy add more companion quests.

As for the force choking thing, I had Mako out. She asks you to not piss him off any longer. Whe n I got the job, he wouldn't stand down until my character got back to the ship (got into Tormen's house right after we married). I dunno, I think he's cute, but I do agree that we should get more info on him, rather than the Mandalorians.
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

DarthPunitor
03.02.2012 , 12:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Not a big Torian fan. When I use a DPS companion I prefer ranged, and also there aren't any uber weapons for Torian. I have Gault with a Rakata rifle so easy choice for me.

Mako is still the best tho IMO.
***? torian is a tank
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh (formerly)-
-The Tai Legacy- -Tai'for - Punitor - Lithany - Machiavelli - Davik -Her'acles-

Phyreblade
03.02.2012 , 12:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiralai View Post
But yes, Torian is amazing. Dat Johnny Yong Bosch! Mandalorians are always cool though. And I daresay, female BH's first flirt with him is arguably the coolest flirt in the game.
Just about perfection, that flirt, yes. I love how he just looks up at her, no smile, no grumble, just says, "I deserved that." I remember choking on my soda during that scene, I was laughing so hard. My friend was insisting I give her the low-down, and I looked over at her and said, "Oh, I just fell in love with the Mandalorian."

Torian remains at the top of my list of favorite companions so far. He's sometimes been beat out by Blizz but typically ends up coming out ahead. Quinn is fascinating me, as well, but Torian is just...better. At least he would die before he even thought of betraying my BH, heh.

I think the BH really did luck out when it came to companion charaters, though. When you sit back and think of those characters you'd really want to hang with, given the chance, there are few crews that match the BH's, anyway. I think I'd be stabbed in the back on the warrior's ship, fight off grabby hands on the knight's ship, have bad dreams on the inquisitor's ship, or worry I'm being indocrinated on the agent's ship. Not sure about the smuggler's crew, though. They play cards over there and that might be fun. And wookies are about as cool as jawas, I think.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

tehjai
03.02.2012 , 01:09 PM | #18
I love Torian. His story was pretty cool (The BH class stuff on Taris was some of my favourite), and I like how he's a character you've encountered previously before he becomes a companion of yours. The Bieber hair is just funny, though.

From an RP perspective, my BH just sits there and /sighs when he starts professing his love. She doesn't want a boyfriend, she just wants ... well. You know.

So he's been relegated to kitchen duty.
The Oboa Legacy - Playing Pretend on The Ebon Hawk

Tiona, 60 Mercenary || Perkele, 60 Sorcerer || Hanneke, 60 Mercenary || Rachilde, 60 Gunslinger || Roche, 60 Scoundrel || Tio'na, 60 Sniper || Maz'ahid'erinth, 60 Operative

Faydra
03.02.2012 , 02:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
***? torian is a tank
Torian's melee DPS.

Blizz is ranged tank and Skadge is melee tank. They both have guard stances, while Torian has two DPS stances - an armor pen one and a bleeds one.
Why don't we have more fun on this ship?

Faydra
03.02.2012 , 03:04 PM | #20
On topic - I was completely and pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up liking Torian. He's competent and respectful. He understands that my BH is the better hunter and looks out for her without being over-protective. Sure, he's a little quiet, especially when flirting, but he's serious. He's not like Doc and flirting with anything.

I do wish I had spaced out his affection gains more - while I was all excited at the time that I got pretty much all his quests in a row, now I'm sad because they are done. I also wish some of the BH flirt lines weren't quite so cheesy

Spoiler

Overall, I felt that the romance arc with Torian (had I spaced it out properly) went extremely well.

Spoiler
Why don't we have more fun on this ship?