Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Was Vader overrated? Why and Who's better?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Vader overrated? Why and Who's better?

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
03.01.2012 , 10:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
You've done nothing but "verbalize" a fanboi rant with no facts at all. Youre woefully ignorant of lore / canon, and tbh youre insistance that youre right in the face of evidence to the contrary makes you seem even more foolish.
What evidence did you provide?
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

TKMaster's Avatar


TKMaster
03.01.2012 , 11:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
What evidence did you provide?
I wasnt aware that i needed to when A) Anyone can look up the info. And B) Alot was already posted.

Thanks for trying.

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
03.02.2012 , 12:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
I wasnt aware that i needed to when A) Anyone can look up the info. And B) Alot was already posted.

Thanks for trying.
You should when you say there is evidence. It is your civic duty to present it when people that aren't aware of it would have no idea on what to type to look it up.

Thanks for playing.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Vecke's Avatar


Vecke
03.02.2012 , 04:32 AM | #24
Vader wasn't just powerful in the force. He was the force. Star Wars is a retelling of classic mythology and Anakin was the culmination of mythological hero.

Anakin was Hercules (Heracles), with a human mother and a father that was a god. He was a half-god trying to live in a world of humans. He had the heart of a man but the power of a god. That was his place in the Star Wars universe.

No matter how powerful any other jedi or sith became in the force, they never matched Vader because Vader was the force. He was a human manifestation of the force.

He had fate on his side. He had the force on his side. He didn't survive his fight with Obi Wan because of Obi Wan's kindness or inability to kill him. Obi Wan's inability to kill him was because fate demanded it.

Even Palpatine understood this. Palpatine spent decades to make sure that force worked for him, but even he knew that he could never truly destroy Vader. That was something only Vader could do.

And in the end, that's what happened. He ultimately sacrificed himself to kill the Emperor, finally meeting his destiny.

So no. In my opinion, he wasn't over-rated. He was created by the force and fulfilled his destiny. He is the tragic hero, and the story required him to be the most powerful force user in existence.

Just my thoughts on the matter..
"I know."

Shonuff's Avatar


Shonuff
03.02.2012 , 04:51 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
Vader wasn't just powerful in the force. He was the force. Star Wars is a retelling of classic mythology and Anakin was the culmination of mythological hero.

Anakin was Hercules (Heracles), with a human mother and a father that was a god. He was a half-god trying to live in a world of humans. He had the heart of a man but the power of a god. That was his place in the Star Wars universe.

No matter how powerful any other jedi or sith became in the force, they never matched Vader because Vader was the force. He was a human manifestation of the force.

He had fate on his side. He had the force on his side. He didn't survive his fight with Obi Wan because of Obi Wan's kindness or inability to kill him. Obi Wan's inability to kill him was because fate demanded it.

Even Palpatine understood this. Palpatine spent decades to make sure that force worked for him, but even he knew that he could never truly destroy Vader. That was something only Vader could do.

And inn the end, that's what happened. He ultimately sacrificed himself to kill the Emperor, finally meeting his destiny.

So no. In my opinion, he wasn't over-rated. He was created by the force and fulfilled his destiny. He is the tragic hero, and the story required him to be the most powerful force user in existence.

Just my thoughts on the matter..
Makes perfect sense. Especially when you consider the Jedi's prophacy about the Choosen One that would bring balance to the Force.
Zallhela
Sith Marauder
// Night Crew \\

Saiaku's Avatar


Saiaku
03.02.2012 , 05:16 AM | #26
While vader/anakin was STRONG with the force, he was in a weakened state during Ep 4,5,6 because, well, most parts of his body were damaged from burns and some limbs had to be removed.

Also the movies failed to show many force techniques presented in todays expanded universe and games, so it is really hard to say.


Lucas is the only person who knows.
Hidden Beks -> Nightmare Lands -> The Red Eclipse

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.02.2012 , 10:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiaku View Post
While vader/anakin was STRONG with the force, he was in a weakened state during Ep 4,5,6 because, well, most parts of his body were damaged from burns and some limbs had to be removed.

Also the movies failed to show many force techniques presented in todays expanded universe and games, so it is really hard to say.


Lucas is the only person who knows.
He was not weak in the suit, in his suit that was his prime. May have not reached his full potential, but only cause of a mental block if he had accepted what he had done and realize what he had become he could unlock the rest of his power, least thats what Palpatine thought.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.02.2012 , 10:49 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He was not weak in the suit, in his suit that was his prime. May have not reached his full potential, but only cause of a mental block if he had accepted what he had done and realize what he had become he could unlock the rest of his power, least thats what Palpatine thought.
This.

TKMaster's Avatar


TKMaster
03.02.2012 , 11:00 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
You should when you say there is evidence. It is your civic duty to present it when people that aren't aware of it would have no idea on what to type to look it up.

Thanks for playing.
Really?

Really?

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.02.2012 , 11:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
Really?

Really?
My advice, do yourself a favour and just bring up the evidence, I completely agree with your argument, not all people do though, clearly.